FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Omaric

5.3 PTR Nerfs

Holy fucking nerfs Batman..... o_O

Edit: NM, the changes to Corruption, Doom and Chaos Bolt are tooltip changes. Locate your towel; do not panic.

Posted ImageWarlock (Forums, Talent Calculator)

• Corruption (Affliction, Destruction) Corrupts the target, causing [ 1,926 + 20% [ 1,440 + 15% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 18 sec.
  • Corruption (Demonology) Corrupts the target, causing [ 1,926 + 20% [ 1,440 + 15% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 18 sec.
  • Imp: Singe Magic Grants your Imp the ability to cast Singe Magic. Burns harmful magic off the target, removing 1 harmful spell from a friend. Auto-Cast: Cast upon master when he is stunned, silenced, polymorphed or feared by unable to cast spells due to a magic effect. (Right-Click to toggle) Passive.
  • Succubus: Seduction Grants your Succubus the ability to cast Seduction. Seduces the target, preventing all actions for up to 30 sec. Any damage caused will remove the effect. Only works against Humanoids. Auto-Cast: Cast upon targets who attack, stun, silence or fear their master. (Right-Click to toggle) Passive.
  • Unending Breath (Affliction) Soulburn: Allows the target to walk on water.until damage is taken.
Demonology

• Metamorphosis: Doom While using Metamorphosis, your Corruption spell transforms into Doom. Inflicts impending doom upon the target, causing [ 5,340 + 125% [ 4,004 + 93.75% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 60 sec. When Doom critically strikes, a Wild Imp will be summoned to attack the target. Warlock - Demonology Spec.
Destruction
  • Chaos Bolt Unleashes a blast of chaos, causing [ 2,682 + 279% [ 2,163 + 225% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage.
  • Fire and Brimstone Your Immolate, Incinerate, Conflagrate, and Curse spells consume a Burning Ember and will hit all targets within 10 yards of the target and deal 43.40% [ 43.40 or 35.00% ] of their normal damage. Warlock - Destruction Spec. Instant. 1 sec cooldown.
Pets

• Seduction Seduces the target, preventing all actions for up to 30 sec. Any damage caused will remove the effect. Only works against Humanoids. Auto-Cast: Cast upon targets who attack, stun, silence or fear their master. (Right-Click to toggle) Special Ability. 20 Energy. 30 yd range. 30 sec cast (Channeled).
  • Singe Magic Burns harmful magic off the target, removing 1 harmful spell from a friend. Auto-Cast: Cast upon master when he is stunned, silenced, polymorphed or feared by unable to cast spells due to a magic effect. (Right-Click to toggle) Can be cast in Shadowform. Special Ability. 40 Energy. 30 yd range. Instant. 10 sec cooldown.
Major Glyphs

• Glyph of Siphon Life Your Corruption spell will heal you for 20% of the damage dealt. 0.5% of your maximum health when dealing damage. Major Glyph.
Edited by Omaric

Interesting because you can't cast Corruption as Destruction...

Yeah, tooltip fixes. 1926 x 0.75 = 1444. 5340 x 0.75 = 4005. These are the 25% nerfs to Corruption and Doom. Nothing but tooltip fixes, don't panic. Pretty sure Chaos Bolt took a sizeable nerf back then (so many nerfs, I can't remember) and got the additional damage it USED to have as a DoT if you took Grim of Sacrifice as Destruction. You won't see any loss in performance, so don't worry.

Thank gerd. I'd update the title of the post if there was a way.

Edit: And is there a good reason that they don't update the tool tips in the same patch as the changes are made? It seems like a really minor and easy thing that they should be able to do.

Edited by Omaric

Because they're getting lazy and working on Project Titan. Probably interns updating tooltips. That's why in the 'patch notes' it says Corruption - Destruction/Affliction instead of just Affliction.

Edit: And is there a good reason that they don't update the tool tips in the same patch as the changes are made? It seems like a really minor and easy thing that they should be able to do.

Actually there is. Tooltip changes requires a client side patch. These changes got hotfixed (meaning the patching is done directly on the server. Nothing gets installed on your computer).

Word. I forgot those changes weren't in the 5.2 changes and were actually in a hotfix.

Immolate replaces Corruption (http://www.wowdb.com...ls/348-immolate). All locks have Corruption at low levels which is, I'm guessing, why when you spec Destro it morphs into Immolate. Could that be why the wording is what it is in regards to Corruption being talked about for Destro/Afflic?

Edited by Chronis

Dude, you scared me >.<

First thing I thought when I read this post was "YES! Suck it locks!" - that was the mage in me Posted Image

Next, I immediately panicked because I'm leveling a lock and (begrudgingly) enjoy the hell out of it. So I did not want to see him nerfed till I had a chance with some end game locky goodness.

Finally, I read the posts about tooltip corrections and laughed at my exciting emotional roller coaster ride.

• Like 1

First thing I thought when I read this post was "YES! Suck it locks!" - that was the mage in me Posted Image

Next, I immediately panicked because I'm leveling a lock and (begrudgingly) enjoy the hell out of it. So I did not want to see him nerfed till I had a chance with some end game locky goodness.

Finally, I read the posts about tooltip corrections and laughed at my exciting emotional roller coaster ride.

Admit it...being a Warlock feels better. Most Mages are scared to come out and enjoy the real world. Welcome to real life, Vladamyr.

I don't want people to shit their pants so I'll edit the OP. =P

Please don't. The reactions are awesome. I TOTALLY missed out on my opportunity for April Fools. I might do something crazy in the middle of a PTR patch and scare the living bejeezus out of people. Maybe.