FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
FellintoOblivion

Immolate problems

Is anyone else having problems with Immolate? For the past week or so it's pretty hit or miss as to whether it's actually affecting the target I cast it at. I notice it mostly when using F and B but also occasionally when I'm just using it on a single target. I'll cast it, the cast will complete but the mob(s) aren't getting hit with it. It's really weird and frustrating.

Edit: Yes I'm at the hit cap Posted Image

Edited by FellintoOblivion

hmm now that you mention it, I've had a few times past couple raids where I'd cast immolate, thinking its applied, only to realize 5-6 seconds later there's no immolate on the target. thought I was somehow forgetting to cast it.

hmm now that you mention it, I've had a few times past couple raids where I'd cast immolate, thinking its applied, only to realize 5-6 seconds later there's no immolate on the target. thought I was somehow forgetting to cast it.

Yea that's what was happening to me so I set up an add on to track the de-buff on my target with a bright yellow bar and now it's really obvious when it's not working properly.

I've not had any issue with Immolate not staying on a target. Note that you can overwrite Immolate with FnB Immolate which is a decrease in DPS. Make sure this is not what is happening, as many tracking add-ons do not monitor the duration of FnB Immolate.

I've not had any issue with Immolate not staying on a target. Note that you can overwrite Immolate with FnB Immolate which is a decrease in DPS. Make sure this is not what is happening, as many tracking add-ons do not monitor the duration of FnB Immolate.

Ive noticed on more then one occasion that when i have a FnB Immolate on a target, it will not overwrite it to a normal immolate.

Tested a few times on a target dummy right now and when i apply my FnB immolate with trinkets up, my normal immolate will not overwrite it after my trinkets are down, even when said FnB Immolate has less then 3 seconds left,

EDIT: Also have the same issue if i apply my normal immo with trinkets, then try FnB Immowithout trinkets.

Would appear that if the spell you are casting is "less powerfull" then the one you have on when trying to switch between normal and FnB immolate it will not overwrite and you have to wait for the duration to expire.

Edited by Bejbi

Would appear that if the spell you are casting is "less powerfull" then the one you have on when trying to switch between normal and FnB immolate it will not overwrite and you have to wait for the duration to expire.

Yup, this is exactly it.

That's actually pretty good, but I've not noticed this. Any kinda proof to the application of this? It lets you apply weaker DoTs in other specs...is Immolate really protected from downgrading? FnB Immolate should be 43.4% as effective as normal Immolate. What other things are you noticing by this effect? Is the old Immo trump the new one only if the old one is better? Is it doing it regardless of spell power? Does Pandemic apply in either case?

That's actually pretty good, but I've not noticed this. Any kinda proof to the application of this? It lets you apply weaker DoTs in other specs...is Immolate really protected from downgrading? FnB Immolate should be 43.4% as effective as normal Immolate. What other things are you noticing by this effect? Is the old Immo trump the new one only if the old one is better? Is it doing it regardless of spell power? Does Pandemic apply in either case?

Normal immolates won't have that kind of problem, only when trying to overwrite a FnB immolate with a normal one.

I suppose it has something to do with them being different debuffs.

EDIT: Oh, and this bug is a real pain in the ass in Lei Shen

Edited by Ilion

Its an issue with the old override system they had on dots for CP builders (feral/rogues). It wouldn't let you apply a bleed if the bleed was higher CP than the one you'd be casting now. It does something similar with FaB immolate/ST immolate interaction. It won't let you override the FaB immolate with a new single target version because it somehow deems it 'less valuable.' Quite annoying.

Yeah that seems very likely unintended for Warlocks. TO THE FORUMS!

• Like 1

Yeah that seems very likely unintended for Warlocks. TO THE FORUMS!

Have you posted about it in the US forums? I think you got more attention from CMs there than we do in good ol' Europe.

I visit the US forums VERY infrequently. I find it too filled with people who think they are good who aren't and a TON of people who only know how to bitch and complain. My comment about going to the forums was saturated in sarcasm.