FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Neto

How to reach Legend with priest

Hi guys,

I'm trying to reach legend with priest but it seems impossible. It seems the better cards i craft the worst my gameplay is.

I've only have naxx, no loe or brm.

I have Justicar, Ysera, Vol'jin and Sylvanas.

Can you help me build a suitable deck for the current meta?

Thanks for the help wink.png

My current deck is:

Circle of healing x 2

Light of the Naaru x 1

Power Word: Shield x 2

Northshire Cleric x 2

Zombie Chow x 2

Wild pyromancer x 2

Shadow word: Death x 1

Dark cultist x 2

Auchenai Soulpriest x 2

Holy Nova x 2

Sludge Belcher x 2

Vol'jin x 1

Lightbomb x 2

Cabal Shadow priest x 1

Justicar

Sylvanas

Confessor Paletress

Ysera

Can't get past rank 15.

Sorry for the noob post, first post here tongue.png

Edited by positiv2

I formatted your posts a bit.

The deck looks fine, though I am not sure about Paletress. What kind of decks do you face most often?

Agro paladin / Shaman.

I try to control the board but most of the times i can't manage.

I tought about including Deathlord and inner fire.

Bad choise?

Inner Fire is most definitely an unsuitable card. Deathlord sounds okay, so you might include them in place of Ysera and Paletress.

I have a control Priest Dragon deck as well, and have more trouble climbing the ladder with that than almost any other deck I use for other roles.  Lots of arrgo or secret paladins/hunters and the like just do too much damage before I can get control, so finishing me off is just a few charge minions away.  So don't worry Neto, you're not alone.

I have a control Priest Dragon deck as well, and have more trouble climbing the ladder with that than almost any other deck I use for other roles.  Lots of arrgo or secret paladins/hunters and the like just do too much damage before I can get control, so finishing me off is just a few charge minions away.  So don't worry Neto, you're not alone.

Have you manage to got up the ladder with any priest deck?

I managed to get a priest deck up to rank 5 last month, so it is possible. I dont have the legendaries you do, just Loatheb. 

The basic strategy when running into lots of aggro decks is 1) AOE - which you have lots of, 2) healing, and 3) steal their minions. I use a cabal shadow priest and mind control tech to do that, you might also want a shadow word pain in there to deal with annoying minions with a low attack value before they get out of control. Stealing a paladin's secret keeper when its first played can put a kink in their plans.

I managed to get a priest deck up to rank 5 last month, so it is possible. I dont have the legendaries you do, just Loatheb. 

The basic strategy when running into lots of aggro decks is 1) AOE - which you have lots of, 2) healing, and 3) steal their minions. I use a cabal shadow priest and mind control tech to do that, you might also want a shadow word pain in there to deal with annoying minions with a low attack value before they get out of control. Stealing a paladin's secret keeper when its first played can put a kink in their plans.

Actually, Pain causes you to lose tempo, especially with those sticky minions such as Creeper. Early game minions are much more valuable. From my experience, i can recommend Chow or Deathlord.

Lightwell / inner / velen's  combos with deathlord / tournament medic etc?

What do you think?

Thats a really hard combo to pull off. I've messed around with it before, but without much success. 

• Like 1

Have you manage to got up the ladder with any priest deck?

No, but I only play casually and don't worry about rankings too much.  I bounce around from one class to the next too much just trying to complete the daily quests.  That said I have played a couple different Priest decks, the dragon oriented one seems the most consistent.  I just can't get the right cards in my hand when faced with arrgo decks (ie no AoE when I need it, or all large minions with my small ones stuck at the bottom of my deck).