Peelyon

Gold Making: Transmog Farming - The Admiral's Den

1 post in this topic

20178-gold-making-transmog-farming-the-a

Welcome to my transmog farming guide for the Admiral's Den.  This location is one of my favourite farming spots currently, and although it is not among the most profitable areas.

Location:  The cave in the South East corner of Thousand Needles (Southsea Holdfast on your map)

Mob Level:  40-44 (Elite)

Average LIV / hour: 5000-10000g 

Notable Items / Sets: inv_chest_plate08.jpgSaltstone Surcoatinv_chest_cloth_08.jpgTrickster's Vestinv_pants_08.jpgSteadfast Legplates

How to get there

HJi8MgX.png

The cave entrance is located at (91,82) in Thousand Needles, Kalimdor.  As you can see from the map it is in the south east corner and very close to Tanaris.

The quickest way (although not available to everyone) is to use inv_misc_enggizmos_12.jpgUltrasafe Transporter: Gadgetzan.  Note this is a Gnomish engineering item only, but worth reminding you incase you have one sat in the bank collecting dust!

The Uldum portal (if you have it unlocked) or the Cavern's of Time portal in Dalaran are other options as well!

The Route

As the cave is not instanced there is no limitation on how long you can farm for (other than possibly bag space).  One of the main reasons I enjoy this farming spot is the respawn rate.  The route (as shown in the high quality minimap below) is very short and the mobs should have respawned by the time you finish each loop.  

BSLOSXL.png

Note that I only cover half of the cave.  There is no real need to farm the entire cave as all of the mobs are the same and the respawn rate keeps you close to the entrance.

Den Whompers

The mobs you will be farming are called Den Whomper.  They drop a fairly wide range of low - medium value transmog.  They are fairly spread out inside the cave so a ranged attack will be useful for the ogre's that are a little far away.  As always bring along a inv_eng_mechanicalboomerang2.jpgLoot-A-Rang to help speed up looting the mobs from a distance.

The Saltstone set is the main reason you are here.  The chest has an average value of 15k and all of the set items have some value. The picture below is from August 2015, and with the introduction of the wardrobe in Legion, I expect prices to rise in the upcoming months.

2zYg9VP.jpg

As well as the Den Whomper's there is a rare (just after you jump down from the ledge on your route) called Strix the Barbed.  The loot table does not offer up anything overly exciting, but you may get lucky and grab a valuable green.

7OFWesp.png

Wrap Up

I hope you enjoyed this guide to The Admiral's Den.  It is fairly well known to a number of gold makers but perhaps not so much to the general player, so if it is a new area for you give it a try!  It's a really relaxed farm that I can spend anywhere from 15 minutes to a few hours farming (especially with my engineering portal as the travel time is minimal).  There is rarely any competition so keep running that loop and I wish you luck in your drops!

Over the next few weeks check your auction house for cheap inv_egg_01.jpgSmall Egg and inv_egg_01.jpgNorthern Egg in preparation for my Children's Week seasonal guide!

The Admiral's Den is a simple, non-instanced transmog farming spot located in Thousand Needles. The mobs there respawn quite quickly and drop a variety of low/medium priced transmog items; most notably the Saltstone set.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      The Hivemind is a new secret mount added in Battle for Azeroth and the WoW Secret Finding Discord community is currently busy trying to solve the final steps of the puzzle. Join the hunt for the flying brain mount!
      The mount shares the same model with Yogg-Saron's brain in Ulduar.

We found two spells related to the mount and it appears that this is a multi-passenger mount and each player increases the mounted speed by 10%.
      The Hivemind - Transforms you into the Hivemind. Other members of your Hivemind may join with you. This is a flying mount. Joined Hivemind - Joins with the target, a member of your Hivemind, limited to the outdoors, following normal vehicle rules. Mod Mounted Speed Amount: +10% Increase Mounted Speed Stacks: +10% Check out the guide over at Warcraft Secrets for progress and more details!
    • By Stan
      Good news, everyone! Senior Game Producer Michael Bybee confirmed at Gamescom that Sylvanas won't be following in the footsteps of Garrosh in Battle for Azeroth.
      Click here to read the full PCGamesN article!
      Blizzard finally addressed concerns voiced by Horde players that came into existence after the reveal of the Sylvanas animated short. If you're late to the game and haven't played War of Thorns, Sylvanas burned down Teldrassil and players were not particularly happy about that. Some even started harassing Christie Golden who didn't even write Warbringers.
      According to PCGamesN, Bybee said that it's all part of the story thread that they've had planned out for a long time. Possibly the most soothing fact is that the Horde Warchief won't receive the Garrosh treatment and there are definitely other plans in store for both factions.
    • By Stan
      A bug after this week's reset caused world boss quests to appear on the map. Many players were confused and Blizzard clarified in a blue post that this was not intended as world bosses will begin to spawn starting the week of September 4.
      Players that logged in after maintenance saw the epic world quest A Chilling Encounter pop up on live realms.

Unfortunately, no world bosses are supposed to spawn until Uldir opens, which left many players perplexed.

Here's a post by Community Manager Ythisens about the bug.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Are they supposed to be up or not? After reset is shows a world boss but it's not spawning.
      Hey guys! Just confirming that yes this is a bug and we're working on fixing it so it should no longer incorrectly be displaying just yet. Sorry for all of the confusion this morning!
    • By Stan
      The latest blue posts roundup covers in-game Auction House issues, Island Expeditions, new Class Trials, possible Retribution Paladin nerfs & more. Check it out for more details!
      Slow Auction House
      Many players are currently experiencing various problems with the in-game Auction House. Blizzard's currently investigating these issues.
      Blizzard (Source)
      I think Blizzard needs to limit the amount of single item auctions that 1 character can post. When someone is posting 998 Auctions of 1 piece of linen...I can't think of any reason why someone needs to post more than 10 single items. Right now on my server there are 78 pages of Tidespray linen. Is it just my server or is anyone else having these same issues?
      Hey guys! We are aware that some realms are seeing issues with slowness when using the Auction House and are currently investigating making some changes to help alleviate these issues. We’ll post an update as soon as we have more information to share.
      Island Expeditions
      Islands rotate on a weekly basis, three new Islands will pop up after maintenance each week.
      Blizzard (Source)
      I keep getting Un'gol Ruins and Skittering Hollow over and over and over. One time I got Dread Chain but otherwise it's those two continuously. I can't get the 5 different expeditions needed to continue the research with Alleria. Is this actually working? Are there actually 5 different ones available right now? This is ridiculous.
      From my understanding, the three islands rotate weekly. So if you've done all three available at the moment (Dread Chain, Skittering Hollow, Un'gol Ruins) that's all you need for now.
      Mythic Item Level?
      If you've been wondering what ilvl is recommended to clear Mythic dungeons, it's somewhere at 305 to 315ish. They're even doable under 300 when you follow the strats.
      Blizzard (Source)
      What Ilvl should u be to do mythics?
      I've seen most groups ask for people at 305 to 315ish that's just my experience though and I can see people asking for higher. Honestly they're very doable under 300 as long as you can follow mechanics and figure out some strats with your group.
      If I was doing a World Tour with all pugs, I would aim to have the group be all 320.
      I would ask for something similar if we were doing a World Tour. Some of the dungeons are a bit harder than the others and can be pretty challenging at lower ilvls but for the most part they're pretty doable and similar to the heroic counterparts in difficulty.
      New Class Trials
      You won't receive a Garrison Heartshtone in Class Trials, because Warlords of Draenor is old content. You can still unlock them through the quest offered by Khadgar.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Hi, I noticed that Class Trials no longer start at 100, and I am just curious, but how come you guys removed our Garrison Hearthstone?
      I can't speak for Development, Thunderstorm, but odds are the level 100 boost is reflecting how the 110 works. Basically, because Warlords of Draenor is no longer current content the boost doesn't provide a jump into that older content. 
      And also are you able to do a quest or anything to Unlock a Garrison? It's been so long I have forgotten.
      Absolutely. If you haven't done any of the quests you should be able to speak to Archmage Khadgar and pick up "The Dark Portal". If you aren't sure, try walking (be sure you are not on a mount) through the portal in the Blasted Lands. Make sure you have trivial quests tracked as most of these are level 90 quests and might not be visible to you on the minimap.
      Retribution Paladin Nerfs?
      Retribution Paladins seem to be strong right now and they may be nerfed soon. Take it with a grain of salt though, we're likely going to see a lot of Class tuning before Uldir opens.
      Blizzard (Source)
      I have a feeling we will get nerfed. We have excellent dps dmg now and im topping dps in most groups, well from details add on point of view anyways. How many if you think this will happen.
      Currently I think we might be a little too strong. At 333 ilvl I'm able to hold 15k+ on some fights and I'm leaving everyone in the dust. However it could be the difference in my groups weapons that's causing it to be a little exaggerated, I've got a 340 ilvl 2 hander and once I picked that up I haven't been touched. Again its nothing new, its the beginning of the expansion and only the first week. We're likely to see some tweaks here and there before we get to Uldir.
      I vote we get buffed
      I mean I'm not gonna object... >.> It could be we're fine and its just a gearing thing though. Its still the first few days so never know.
      Uldir Gear Concerns
      Uldir Azerite Armor traits are too generic and we may see some tweaks before Uldir's open. Blizzard also hotfixed Darkmoon trinkets yesterday.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Uldir currently has only three rings and TWO trinkets for healers. What in the world? On top of that, the azerite traits on the gear in Uldir is the exact same as found elsewhere, apart from the unique global trait. Blizzard stated that the raid gear would offer more in-depth, rotation-altering traits since they felt raiders would be more comfortable with that. Unless something changes, that was a flat out lie.
      There's also the world bosses which offer another ring and like 4 trinkets that healers can use, plus what you'd find in Mythic+. I'll mention the Azerite stuff though, thanks! I'm noticing some variety in traits but nothing major apart from what already exists.
      The % chance of actually get something that you need / bis / any decent from a boss every 8 weeks + % of drop chance is abysmal.
      Of course, I'm not counting it as a guarantee but its something that you could potentially get. You could have bad luck and equally not get a dps trinket off a regular raid boss so its not so different. I do get that there is a difference though in the aspect of a guaranteed attempt verses not. 
      Darkmoon Deck option is a tremendous joke as well, as they are simming lower than most 310 trinkets, except the Agi DPS version.
      I've heard from the casters in my guild that its not great. I know its simming low and it has a weird interaction at least. I've passed it on to the team though but I don't know if there is an actual problem with it. The melee one is pretty great at the moment however and its BiS for most melee I believe until Mythic Uldir. So its a pretty good grab.
      Blizzard Feedback (General QQ Thread)
      Blizzard can't convince you that BfA story is good, everyone is entitled to have their own opinion. Players that have completed everything since Tuesday should be hitting Revered with Honorbound/7th Legion today. They want to make it more clear that collecting 40,000 Azerite for the weekly quest grants 1,500 reputation with Honorbound/7th Legion.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Horrible story and lore- SILENCE
      What do you expect us to say to something that is just simply your opinion. We can't convince you the story is good, if you think its bad then you think its bad, but people will disagree with you, as its an opinion. There are some aspects that I haven't liked, but that doesn't make it "horrible". Seems a little hyperbolic.
      Horde Bias- SILENCE
      Horde questing was really good but I think Alliance had the better side for me, that's just my opinion though. Those Jaina cutscenes... 10/10.
      WQ gear- SILENCE
      Yes world quests have gear sometimes. I don't know what you're mad about here. Some more substance to this point would be great. Things like what an actual issue is. Not enough gear, too much, not enough of a certain type, too much of a certain type, etc. 
      PVP scaling- SILENCE
      Pretty great from my experience but I've been rolling into war mode hard and sending everyone I've seen to the graveyard, sometimes that includes myself, so I've had nothing but fun there. I can see though there are some fringe things that need to be looked at, I don't have examples I can use off the top of my head as I don't know when/if they're planning any additional tweaks on that at the moment. It's a new system so we're still open to feedback on it and we're obviously fixing issues that do pop up.
      Rep Time Gating- SILENCE
      Literally almost every rep ever put into the game. I'm almost Revered with all of them already except Tortollan(Honored) and Champions(Honored), I get that some people might not like this style of grind but to say it takes too long or is gated is pretty silly in my opinion. I think people are forgetting the rep grinds of back in the day that took months, instead of the newer ones with world quests that can be done in around 2 weeks give or take a few days. (At least in these new reps that are introduced). If you could complete everything that is offered in an MMO in a week then its not really an MMO, part of the magic of the genre is that there are things to work on and progress with your character.
      Lack of content other than rep grinding- SILENCE
      Warmode, Islands, Dungeons, collectibles, professions, gold making frenzy. There's plenty of things to do. I'm sorry you feel that way but there is a lot of things to do right now. We know everyone has different interests but we are letting people take their time with these things at least before Mythic+ and Uldir opens up.
      Ythisens can you please clarify how are you almost revered with the Honorbound if their wqs and their regular quests are bugged? Regular quests - no reputation gains at all.  World Quests - all of them give the same 75 rep, regardless of being regular or blue world quests (which were made to reward double rep and are doing so for every other faction BUT the Honorbound). Please enlighten us.
      I've done every world quest since Tuesday at 5ish our time. That includes two emissaries that were Honorbound/7th Legion. So if you've done absolutely everything since Tuesday you should be hitting Revered today/tonight. Make sure you do your mission table rep rewards as well as your war campaign which nets you quite a bit as well. There is also a weekly quest with island expeditions where if you collect 40k azerite in Island Expeditions you get another 1500 rep with Honorbound/7th Legion. You can track it from the UI on the table. We're working on making this more visible as its easy to miss and some players haven't noticed it.
      A lot of that comes from the tone you read the text in. It's easy to assume a sarcastic tone rather than an ironic or humorous one. But let's just assume for a second that he is being snarky, his would be an extremely tame version of snarky. GD shouldn't dish it out if they can't take it.
      If I'm coming across as snarky I apologize as that's not the case this time. Sometimes I mean to but its pretty rare honestly. If I was I do agree GD should be able to take it... I've seen what you guys write sometimes ಠ_ಠ
    • By Starym
      We're back from the weekend and that means hotfixes! Today we have more solutions for Warlocks on mountainsides, dungeon issues, including faction-wide attunement to Siege of Boralus and King's Rest, a lot of Darkmoon cards got major buffs (and one got nerfed), the NPC for mercenaries who wish to fight for the opposite faction has moved to the new zones, Legion assaults have returned and a lot more.
      August 20 (source)
      Azerite Powers
      Fixed an issue where Dagger in the Back failed to stack properly when applied by multiple users. Character Services
      Players who faction transfer should now get a more informative message on how to continue the War Campaign on their new faction. Classes
      Warlock Demonology The Summon Vilefiend and Nether Portal talents will no longer sometimes fail to work when cast on steep terrain. Creatures and NPCs
      Fixed a bug that caused some enemies in the Drustvar Crimson Forest to be untargetable by players. Rikati at The Four Stingers will now sell his wares, including his famous Snake on a Stick, to members of the Alliance.  
      Dungeons
      Unlocking Siege of Boralus as a Horde player now unlocks the dungeon for all Horde characters on that account. Unlocking Kings' Rest as an Alliance player now unlocks the dungeon for all Alliance characters on that account. Freehold Irontide Enforcer's Shattering Toss will no longer wipe threat from the tank. Shrine of the Storm Vol’zith the Whisperer Fixed a bug that caused players to sometimes become stuck with Grasp of the Sunken City. Items
      Fixed an issue where Darkmoon Deck: Blockades was providing far less Stamina and Health than intended. Fixed an issue where Darkmoon Deck: Squalls was dealing less damage than intended. Its effective damage has been increased by approximately 300%. Fixed an issue where Darkmoon Deck: Fathoms  would not trigger for Marksmanship or Beast Mastery hunters. Reduced the damage of Darkmoon Deck: Fathoms by 9%. Player versus Player
      Sergeant Wilson has travelled to The Mugambala and will offer Mercenary Contracts to members of the Horde that wish to fight for the Alliance. Nassar has travelled to Hook Point and will offer Mercenary Contracts to members of the Alliance that wish to fight for the Horde. Quests
      Fixed multiple bugs that made it very difficult to bomb targets successfully on “Swab This!”. Fixed a bug causing Third Telemancer Syranel to evade player attacks on “Grand Theft Telemancy”. Players should now reliably get credit for taking the ferry for "The Ashvane Trading Company”. Horde players should now properly be able to see the Stolen Supplies for "Plunder and Provisions". World
      Legion Assaults have returned to the Broken Isles. Previous Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes
      August 17 August 16 August 15