FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Owalaz

Frost dps help, dps seems low at times

Armory: http://us.battle.net.../Pajik/advanced

World of logs: http://www.worldoflo...0pza/details/2/

Rotation: using almost the same exact rotation(useing ice bomb instead of nether tempest, NT wasnt doing that much)

It seems that my dps as a mage is low alot of the times. Im looking for any way to improve it. Dont know if its my spec/talents/glyphs or im doing my rotation wrong? trying to get my dps good enough incase my guild ever needs me for normal 10.

Edit: Also having trouble keeping track of my 90 buff from tallent, any addons i can try?

Edited by Owalaz

ok, nether tempest is the choice to take because the amount of ticks you get frequently, it gives you a lot of brain freeze procs, other than that its the rotation listed on the class guides here at Icy Veins

Ookay, lets have a look into this!

I have run a SimCraft for you on Patchwerk style encounter, which resulted in 109k DPS. So, in theory for example on Lei Shen LFR, you should be able to do around 90k at least. 63k compared to this... is low, indeed.

First of, you are 0,15% under the hit cap. You might think that OMG it's not much, but missing with an ice lance or even two, is much! Reach hit cap! I'd advise to use ReforgeLite for an easier reforging.

Secondly, you should use Nether Tempest on single target fights. Frostbomb can only pull ahead, when there are 3-4 or more enemies stacked up. You MUST aim to keep Nether tempest uptime close to 100%. If you don't have any addons for this, that is bad. I'd suggest using Fortexorcist (especially if you have any alts as well), that can track many-many buffs, debuffs on the target and yourself. It can also track debuffs on other targets, which is extremely useful, ie. on Council.

3. I would drop Glyph of Cone of Cold, and get Glyph of Ice lance. It is just simply better... CoC is really situational and you usually will not want to move in melee range to cast it. Maximum, on trash... but come on who cares about trash?

4. While Presence of Mind is a minor DPS increase, it is only when there is a stationary fight, which is pretty unlikely in this Tier. I'd go for blazing speed to quickly reposition myself, then continue casting frostbolts.

5. Most importantly. Keep up Invoker's energy! You had 46% uptime of that spell on Lei Shen LFR which is just ridicoulus. Imagine how many minutes u missed 15% increased damage.

Compared to my Lei Shen LFR kill http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c50b6552eyf1ltas/sum/damageDone/?s=15247&e=15775 the uptime is soo low. Aim for 100%. Apperantly I nabbed a bit and only had 99,4% :(

For tracking your invoker's energy, I'd suggest using Weakauras (This is the one I chose) or NeedToKnow.)

Apart from all of these, I realized that you ha faar less Activity time on the boss, mobs. We could argue about my gear is better, but for example the hits of Frozen orb are not affected by haste aka gear.

My hit number of Frozen orb 206+57, yours is 85+25.

It seems like to me that you are not using it on cooldown, or at least not efficiently. On Lei Shen you should wait for Ball lightnings to spawn, pop Frozen orb and then just ice lance the life out of them!

If you have problems with CD usage, I'd advise using OmniCC addon which will put a countdown above the spells' button about when they will be ready.

I hope I could help with some new information and don't be affraid to ask more!

• Like 1

Thanks I never knew about those addons. things are running more smoothly. i can now see when most of the stuff comes off CD. about to try to hit lfr and see what happens.

Edited by Owalaz
  • Like 2