FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Colonelxkbx

518ilvl, looking for insight to increase my dps

My dps is mediocre at best and I looking for help/tips to improve it. A rogue with slightly lower ilvl in my guild pulls better number than I do and I would like to improve the way I play. I have added a link to the wow-heroes page of my character which has my armory link along with most recent wol logs mid page. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Heres the link sorry I forgot it http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Darrowmere/Vanishh/

Edited by Colonelxkbx

My dps is mediocre at best and I looking for help/tips to improve it. A rogue with slightly lower ilvl in my guild pulls better number than I do and I would like to improve the way I play. I have added a link to the wow-heroes page of my character which has my armory link along with most recent wol logs mid page. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Heres the link sorry I forgot it http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Darrowmere/Vanishh/

I used this log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ryubib86da55mprs/sum/damageDone/?s=82&e=292 to compare you and Cleyvan, the other Assassination Rogue in your raid group.

I think you may want to improve your cooldown usage. He managed to do a lot more damage than you with Dispatch. He also cast it a lot more than you (39 times for you, 46 times for him). So make sure to use your cooldowns (Shadow Blades, Vendetta, and a Potion) when you finally get to use Dispatch.

Also, you don't make much use of Anticipation (only 23 stacks over the course of the fight, when your guildmate had 69). This indicates that you tend to cast Envenom always right after you reach 5 Combo Point, which is detrimental to your Envenom uptime (your guild mate has a much higher uptime). It is better to pool Energy and wait for your Envenom buff to drop before refreshing it.

Try to work on these two things and you should see your performance improve.

I used this log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ryubib86da55mprs/sum/damageDone/?s=82&e=292 to compare you and Cleyvan, the other Assassination Rogue in your raid group.

I think you may want to improve your cooldown usage. He managed to do a lot more damage than you with Dispatch. He also cast it a lot more than you (39 times for you, 46 times for him). So make sure to use your cooldowns (Shadow Blades, Vendetta, and a Potion) when you finally get to use Dispatch.

Also, you don't make much use of Anticipation (only 23 stacks over the course of the fight, when your guildmate had 69). This indicates that you tend to cast Envenom always right after you reach 5 Combo Point, which is detrimental to your Envenom uptime (your guild mate has a much higher uptime). It is better to pool Energy and wait for your Envenom buff to drop before refreshing it.

Try to work on these two things and you should see your performance improve.

Question on pooling then...

If imm pooling energy I am not attacking..how do I creat anticipation Cp's?

I take it this is mainly to make sure you you can refresh Rupture and envenom when they happen to sync up on the fall off.

So when you pop your first Vendetta /shadowblades/ trinket you should holf off ont eh first envenom untill you have 10 cp's?

I think this ios where I am having my biggest issue. 

Question on pooling then...

If imm pooling energy I am not attacking..how do I creat anticipation Cp's?

I take it this is mainly to make sure you you can refresh Rupture and envenom when they happen to sync up on the fall off.

So when you pop your first Vendetta /shadowblades/ trinket you should holf off ont eh first envenom untill you have 10 cp's?

I think this ios where I am having my biggest issue.

Don't necro old threads smile.png Please create a new one for your question.