FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Neevo

Warlock mobility in Legion

This is just how I've personally experienced it and just my 2 cent on the matter. I'd really like to hear others experience and what kinda spot they feel we're in. 

After trying it out on Legion Alpha, one concern I've got is the lack of Mobility we've got in Legion. (Especially when looking at the First raid fights)
I'm personally only looking at it from Affliction and Demo perspective, as I haven't really played around with destro (Not a spec i personaly enjoy)
As affliction/demo these are the things i can see doing during movement. 

Affliction:
Refreshing Agony&corruption on Target/soul effigy
Mana tap/lifetap

All these being situational in the sense that it might be almost pointless if we've refreshed em shortly before (ofc delaying refreshing if we can till we have to move - try to plan ahead)

Demo:
Shadow flame
Refresh doom
Lifetap
Demonwrath

Please correct me if i've missed something. Can have left something out. 
except for demonwrath and possibly shadow flame, these are again situational as with Affliction.
Demo doesn't seem in as bad a state with this as Affliction, but to me at least still feel a bit "underwhelming"  

Looking at TheRaid bosses in Emerald nightmare and The Nighthold, that i've looked at, and which mechanics will "force" movement

Emerald nightmare:

Ursoc: knockback/charge - Run away+knockback

Nythendra: Breath attack, Rot, Dodge goo and worms in Sleep phase. 

Elerethe Renferal: Green debut, pushback, Changing platform, Winddebuff

"Evil tree" :slams towards players, spew corruption, the blobs and Cursed blood. 

The Nighthold:

Krosus: Orb, move from hand, Burning pitch 

Aluriel: Mark of frost, adds frost circle, searing brand, fire patch, arcane orb

Tichondrius: Carrion plague/seeker swarm, Brand of Argus, Echoes of the void, Carrion nightmare

Chronomatic: Burst of time, time bomb, need to move to the adds, power overwhelming

Trilliax: Arcane pools, toxic slice, searing bombs, Annihilation, tidy up

Considering this, and also the fact that Mythic possibly only will add more movement, I'd really like to see some added mobility. Especially having to choose between demonic circle and burning rush is not optimal (heck i don't get why demonic circle needs to be a talent and not baseline)
I'd really hoped that we would have gotten KJC as a talent that was worth taking, possibly reworked (could even be with charges) but it was removed. 
I get that the "class fantasy" is that we're tanky and mages are less tanky but more mobile, but must say i find this a bit silly considering that I at least personally find mobility more appealing and dislike feeling a bit like a turret (yes i know we've still got something we can do while moving, but it feels very limited IMO - and we don't have to be the most mobile class I'd just personally would love to see some added mobility) 
It seems to me like blizzard are really keen on adding stuff that force movement in Legion, and adds that needs to die fast. 
While i like the whole "build up" with both specs, and I've liked in WoD the whole planning movement part, it just seems rather unappealing to me atm with how things stand in Legion (in general i like what I'm seeing in Legion, it's really only this aspect i dislike - and the Legendary system)

Another thing i really hope they'll change is the current "Guardian" system. Not being able to control our pets, really makes it feel to me like we're really constricted on target swapping (I don't want to see demo being "insanely" strong at target swapping, but it isn't in a good spot atm - Yes in some situations it won't be as bad if we for example got our artifact power off CD)
Affliction ofcause also has its problems with these things, but hasn't it always had that?
i really hope they'll give us control of our pets as Demo, and in general improve the Pet AI.

Lack of mobility is something that I think we're just going to have to accept. It means a play style change, but it won't kill the class or anything. If it means that much to you though you might need to look at other class options.

Going back to a more stand-and-rek style will be nice IMO. The more difference between classes the more ability for those classes to really shine in the roles they fit.

• Like 2

Going back to a more stand-and-rek style will be nice IMO. The more difference between classes the more ability for those classes to really shine in the roles they fit.

I agree; however, this will not stop me from bitching about blink + ice flows.

I agree; however, this will not stop me from bitching about blink + ice flows.

We're Warlocks, we are morally obligated to make mages feel bad about themselves.

• Like 2