FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Friction

Resto help 10N

Recently lost one of our healers for 10m so I'm trying to gear up to help out, however it seems I've hit a brick wall on Megaera. The druid we lost was consistently able to pull 75k~ HPS and I am not getting anywhere near that in comparable gear. I think I am gearing correctly, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out with whatever I am doing wrong. This boss is making me pull my hair out because I feel like the weak link in my raid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Armory: http://us.battle.net...rgelyn/advanced

WoL: http://www.worldoflo...woxk4huq87s8ig/

Old Druid: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Khardesh/advanced

Please and thank you.

Edited by Friction

I'd say to drop Glyph of Wildgrowth (in 10man it rarely reaches 6 players) and use Glyph of Regrowth instead. IMO you should use it more often, always at clearcasting procs and whenever a big heal is necessary.

About your talents, I feel more comfortable with Encarnation (tree of life) and Heart of the Wild (sweet +6% intellect). Also, I prefer to focus spirit on my gems instead of intellect.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azralon/Boiterico/advanced

Your raid group is similar to ours, just substitute a Holy Priest for our MW Monk.

It seems that your uptime on Lifebloom is excellent, but you're not using your CC procs, which defeats the purpose of keeping it up. Use it with Regrowth; with Glyph of Regrowth, you get a better chance of a crit putting a Living Seed on the target which will heal once the target is hit again.

Be sure to take advantage of Nature's Swiftness, as well. I didn't see that being used at all. Use it with Healing Touch or Regrowth.

Be sure to take advantage of Nature's Swiftness, as well. I didn't see that being used at all. Use it with Healing Touch or Regrowth.

Before raid tonight I will make a macro to help out with this, my Nature's Swiftness usage is horrible.

Before raid tonight I will make a macro to help out with this, my Nature's Swiftness usage is horrible.

#showtooltip Regrowth

/use Nature's Swiftness

/use Regrowth

And put it in the same spot as your normal Regrowth.

It won't consume your CC proc, so there's no downside to using it this way.

There's also a nice macro you can use on the move in Cat Form that prevents you from being shifted out:

#showtooltip Healing Touch

/console autounshift 0

/cast Nature's Swiftness

/cast Healing Touch

/console autounshift 1

• Like 1

Hi, should I be using natures swiftness with regrowth on cooldown? Right now I mostly use natures swiftness and healing touch as a kind of emergency big heal if needed.

Hi, should I be using natures swiftness with regrowth on cooldown? Right now I mostly use natures swiftness and healing touch as a kind of emergency big heal if needed.

Just use it whenever you would normally use Regrowth or Healing Touch, if it's off cooldown. If you find that you're not using it, then maybe it's not the right choice of talent for the encounter or for your playstyle.

Edited by Tarazet

I like to save it for a big emergency heal, but that's just preference... I love being able to chain NS and swiftmend followed by a SotF-buffed rejuv.

Burst with a follow up Posted Image

Personally I love SotF with the Wild Growth glyph. Even in ten-mans it's an awsome combo, and if you don't need wild growth on cooldown just put up some super rejuvs on the tanks and whoever's taking damage.

Also I'd suggest lowering you spirit a little in exchange for some more mastery.

Mastery is king for resto druid throughput and you shouldn't have mana problems if you're using innervate and clear-casting proficiently.

Edited by Nemo

The cooldown is so short you can probably just use it on any unexpected damage or if someone is somewhat mid health.

I like to save it for a big emergency heal, but that's just preference... I love being able to chain NS and swiftmend followed by a SotF-buffed rejuv.

Burst with a follow up Posted Image

Personally I love SotF with the Wild Growth glyph. Even in ten-mans it's an awsome combo, and if you don't need wild growth on cooldown just put up some super rejuvs on the tanks and whoever's taking damage.

Also I'd suggest lowering you spirit a little in exchange for some more mastery.

Mastery is king for resto druid throughput and you shouldn't have mana problems if you're using innervate and clear-casting proficiently.

Quoting Nemo, This is a great.

Soul of the Forest with Wild Growth is a very powerful aoe tool. With Swiftmend being one of your main healing spells always follow with Wild growth or Tranquility for those higher damage phases.

Spirit is tricky as you don't want too much but not enough is no good either.

There's no ammount that is "perfect" as it depends on your play style and the play style of your co-healers.

If at the end of an encounter you have more than 10% spirit left over bleed a little more into Intellect. If you dont have enough it may be worth losing some gem slot bonus' for some extra spirit.