FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Obas

Earthquake and aoe?

I saw that icy veins doesn't mention earthquake anywhere on the aoe rotation but noxxic does i was just wondering if it is benficial to use or if i should just stick with what icy veins says.

No, it's always better to just spam Chain Lightning if you have a lot of targets up. Earthquake doesn't do enough damage to be worth casting.

Edited by Tarazet

Yeah I only ever use it in battle grounds.. the knock down is nice when defending flags... if you can get cast off that is lol

if you have a lot of targets up. Earthquake doesn't do enough damage to be worth casting.

Not to mention EQ takes a LOT of Mana.. its so not worth it, I have removed it completely from my icon bar even.. I haven't used it in months..

Actually, if you have more than 5 targets EQ makes you do more damage, along with magma totem. Unless you have T15 2 piece, then don't worry and just spam CL with glyph for like 1m AOE dps...

I saw that icy veins doesn't mention earthquake anywhere on the aoe rotation but noxxic does i was just wondering if it is benficial to use or if i should just stick with what icy veins says.

I thought the same thing, it even increases DPS.. but it's a Mana HOG.. it will suck your mana dry.. and the return isn't as good as glyph chain lighting with haste..

So I have removed earthquake from my button bar, I never use it anymore and haven't used it in months...

Actually, if you have more than 5 targets EQ makes you do more damage, along with magma totem. Unless you have T15 2 piece, then don't worry and just spam CL with glyph for like 1m AOE dps...

It's only an 8yd radius with a whopping 10% chance to knock down.. Even if you have a 2 Piece still not worth casting, the cast time is too slow, and it's a MANA Syphon.

Pull world of logs, look at any ToT, find ANY Ele shaman that uses it.. AND they are on the top 10 in DPS, they are non-existent.