FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Enzyte

What's wring with my laptop?

Hello everyone, I just got a laptop. It's not THAT good but enough to play WoW. it's ASUS K50AB. With 4GB of RAM (instead of 2) I have installed my WoW and set the graphics to 'recommended', setting have been set to Good/normal with 4x anisotropic filtering.

The thing is... I have 10 freaking FPS on human starting area. Doesn't even matter where my character is. I have extremely low FPS. Now I have set up my graphics to LOW... only the view distance and spell effects are set to GOOD. And I have 65 FPS like this in a 5man instance.

Any idea? What's the cause? My firend have the same comp but it's a PC and he have like 110 FSP on Medium settings.

PS: If you are lazy to check out the other specifies, here are they:

Processor: AMD Athlon x2 Dual-Core QL 64 2.10Ghz

Memory: 4GB (2x 2GB Kingston)

Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon® HD 4570, 512MB VRAM

I hope someone can help me!

Thanks!

EDIT: What's WRONG with my laptop? D:

Edited by Enzyte

If its not a gaming laptop than that might be why even though I'm not a computer techy and I have no idea how good the memory cards are. The gaming computers are pricey, but I heard their super hardcore for games like WoW. You might just need to call a computer technician and maybe replace the cards and get hardcore gaming ones if you cant afford a gaming computer but than again I'm not sure how valuable your card is.

Edited by Auyssaelre

You have antivirus installed and configured? How much hard drive % is free? when's the last time you did a disk cleanup and defrag? I know all that can slow things down.

For a laptop with a Radeon 4000 series video card, I would definitely recommend setting the video to DirectX 9, and set the shadow quality to low.

If its not a gaming laptop than that might be why even though I'm not a computer techy and I have no idea how good the memory cards are. The gaming computers are pricey, but I heard their super hardcore for games like WoW. You might just need to call a computer technician and maybe replace the cards and get hardcore gaming ones if you cant afford a gaming computer but than again I'm not sure how valuable your card is.

Well, as I said my firend has the same components. The only difference is, he has a PC.

You have antivirus installed and configured? How much hard drive % is free? when's the last time you did a disk cleanup and defrag? I know all that can slow things down.

I've disabled my antivirus and almost every application yesterday... Well it's installed on my D partition, non-system and I have 40GB of free space. My disks are not fragmented at all. Checked it a minute ago.

For a laptop with a Radeon 4000 series video card, I would definitely recommend setting the video to DirectX 9, and set the shadow quality to low.

Uhm... as I said I have everything on low except view distance and spell effects and I have 50-60 FPS like this. Also yes, it's set to Dx9

Thanks for the answers!

I'm not 100% sure but it COULD be because the starting zone is cross realm maybe? Obviously in an instance you are just there with the other 4 people so your fps will be higher. The only thing I could suggest is lowering your view distance even more?

I'm not 100% sure but it COULD be because the starting zone is cross realm maybe? Obviously in an instance you are just there with the other 4 people so your fps will be higher. The only thing I could suggest is lowering your view distance even more?

It's the same if I'm standing in an enpty building or something :(

Meh lowering the view distance even more... =/

What setup does your friend have? There are huge differences between a graphics chip and a dedicated card. As your friend has a PC, he can't have the same setup. :)