FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
WhiskeyTip

Question about DH Yangs build

This is the explanation given by Deadset's guide for using the BoW rings:

Not skipping on any of the pieces required to obtain the 6-piece bonus leaves space for a potent combo in the jewelry: the Bastions of Will set, Focus Focus and Restraint Restraint. This ring set adds an impressive 2.25 independent damage multiplier as long as you alternate between a primary and spender attacks; thus, learn to weave frequent Evasive Fire shots in your Multishot spam.

Given the huge damage increase, you should also note how much more difficult it is to obtain full Ancient of the required pieces, rather than the random pieces you often find in LoN builds.

Another reason is that the Bastions of Will Set works really conveniently with the chosen bracers: Wraps of Clarity. Because it's proc scenario is nearly identical to proccing your rings, it means there is no extra legwork in your rotation. 

Alternative options I've tried to the rings are wearing Stone of Jordan and Ring of Royal Grandeur, and then equipping a Cindercoat. It was fun, but not as strong unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, Bradykin said:

Another reason is that the Bastions of Will Set works really conveniently with the chosen bracers: Wraps of Clarity. Because it's proc scenario is nearly identical to proccing your rings, it means there is no extra legwork in your rotation. 

Alternative options I've tried to the rings are wearing Stone of Jordan and Ring of Royal Grandeur, and then equipping a Cindercoat. It was fun, but not as strong unfortunately. 

Yeah, I feel like doing away with the BoW rings is only worth it if your multishot is close to 1-shot clearing packs of mobs and you don't need the multiplier damage. The Cindercoat can be enough of a boost combined with the SoJ to clear through elite packs.

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

Yeah, I feel like doing away with the BoW rings is only worth it if your multishot is close to 1-shot clearing packs of mobs and you don't need the multiplier damage. The Cindercoat can be enough of a boost combined with the SoJ to clear through elite packs.

Well when you are clearing contact you outgear they are pointless, but so is most gear. I've been experimenting with swapping the BoW rings for the Amy+Ring set that I can't remember the name of, then using SoJ. It's not bad, but it requires some weird play where you try to move less, and that isn't always viable. 

12 hours ago, Bradykin said:

Well when you are clearing contact you outgear they are pointless, but so is most gear. I've been experimenting with swapping the BoW rings for the Amy+Ring set that I can't remember the name of, then using SoJ. It's not bad, but it requires some weird play where you try to move less, and that isn't always viable. 

The Endless Walk set, yeah. It's an odd combo, personally I don't like it on DH outside of a group, and even then, the damage boost just isn't worth it imo when compared with the BoW. 

The damage reduction could be useful though.

@ Blainie, I tried using the Endless Walk set together with SoJ and it gives a significantly higher damage than with the bastions of will, especially on elites, due to the 30% elite dmg from SoJ. Also, SoJ is the only ring that can give extra Discipline for hunters, which makes this combination more viable for pushing GR, when you need that extra damage instead of mobility.

I have found that there is a second ring (Manald Heal) that has max discipline as a secondary stat.  Since the UH bonus is 40% per discipline a minimum ring of 8 is 320%.  It is hard to get a great ring since it does not have a socket by default but since the damage would never fall off due to a rushed rotation that would be a plus.  Is BOW bonus better the the bonus from an additional 16 to 20 discipline?