FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamtears

Beast of Nightmares - can you use totems?

Does anyone know if you can use totems during Beast of Nightmares at Twin Consorts without it effecting the shaman with corrupted healing? As this is often referred to as a 'pet". I didn't want to test it as I was first time raiding this boss and didn't want to screw things up.

I know that atonement does not trigger corrupted healing. I think all smart heals do not trigger it. Not sure though.

I know that atonement does not trigger corrupted healing. I think all smart heals do not trigger it. Not sure though.

This seems to be accurate, uncontrolable heals (indirect circle of healing, healing rain, atonement, renewing mists, healing stream...) do not seem to trigger the debuff. This is because you can't control where the heal is going and therefore it's not your 'fault' if it heals the tank.

This seems to be accurate, uncontrolable heals (indirect circle of healing, healing rain, atonement, renewing mists, healing stream...) do not seem to trigger the debuff. This is because you can't control where the heal is going and therefore it's not your 'fault' if it heals the tank.

Actually not quite. I do know that healing rain does trigger the debuff but only if you cast it after tank gets the debuff but not if you put it in advance. So I think you cannot but aoe heals on the tank.

Actually not quite. I do know that healing rain does trigger the debuff but only if you cast it after tank gets the debuff but not if you put it in advance. So I think you cannot but aoe heals on the tank.

I believe that only the first tick will put the debuff, in which case you should continue to use it as one healing rain far outweighs the little damage from a single debuff.

I believe that only the first tick will put the debuff

I think not the tick, but the cast on the area where the tank is standing.

It's never a bad idea to test something in your raid. One stack of that debugging shouldn't make or break a kill.