FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tarazet

Dream of Cenarius

I want to have some discussion of this talent. It's considered as almost mandatory for Ferals, since they can essentially use it to supercharge every Rake application and do monstrous bleed damage. But I've been using it as a tank and found it to be excellent on single-target fights with high tank damage. If we have high Vengeance anyway and then Frenzied Regeneration is boosted by a further 30%, that is essentially allowing us to gain self-healing capability comparable to a Death Knight or a Paladin.

On another note, I'd be interested to have a Resto Druid try out an idea I had.. since the healing buff procs off of yellow damage from melee abilities, you should be able to shift into cat, use Rake, and then every tick would refresh the DoC buff until it drops. If that works, it could be outstanding. Thrash would be even better, but Resto doesn't get it.

Every tick does not refresh the DoC buff. Just tested it. The buff only applies on first ability usage.

Bummer. But I can see how that would be kind of broken.

Does it interact with the treants from Force of Nature?

On another note, I'd be interested to have a Resto Druid try out an idea I had.. since the healing buff procs off of yellow damage from melee abilities, you should be able to shift into cat, use Rake, and then every tick would refresh the DoC buff until it drops. If that works, it could be outstanding. Thrash would be even better, but Resto doesn't get it.

Valid point on the ticking damage. I guess why most resto don't choose it is because Nature's Vigil gives us a temporary healing buff for those high damage periods and Heart of the Wild is extremely versatile giving us a 6% bonus to Int and a cool down that allows us to effectively dps or tank for 45 secs.

I used to use Nature's Vigil, but the dps capabilities of Heart of the Wild (110k burst easy when used with lust - usually 6mil damage) are so beneficial while dps are gearing up and potentially close to enrage timers. If you lose a tank towards the end of a fight without an available battle res it's useful as well as it should be off cool down if you used it at the beginning of the fight.

So I guess as a healer it's not a commonly used talent, but I'm curious now so i'll probably give it a go when I get home. Have to shift forms regularly will probs drive me crazy though :P

-urgle urgle just saw the above post... wont try it now :P but interesting idea nonetheless

Edited by Mimi

No, I can't see it as being attractive for PvE healers. You could make it workable with a Wrath targetoftarget or mouseover macro, but I'm struggling to see how it would actually be useful. If I did take it as Resto, I would weave in nukes to supercharge my HoTs, especially Lifebloom seeing how it can be refreshed with cast heals, but no way would I ever use it with cast heals themselves unless I knew a huge spike was coming. And I'd never use the procs for Moonfire, they're useless.

There was a time on the 5.0 PTR when Moonkins were using DoC, but it didn't seem like it was performing very well then. It's a nice buff to Moonfire and Sunfire damage, so maybe now it's a more solid option?

Edited by Tarazet

I spent 2 days tanking with Dream of Cenarius and a low-Stamina build. Here's my basic impression:

1) As always, the use of Frenzied Regeneration has to outweigh the reduction in melee damage from Savage Defense. If you have a fight where it's important to keep high uptime on SD (Council, Ji'kun, Durumu) or a fight where it's useful to take Glyph of Frenzied Regeneration (Durumu), DoC is going to be completely worthless.

2) It falls way behind the other two talents in terms of damage output. To get any benefit at all to DPS requires taking a second talent, namely Nature's Swiftness, and using it on cooldown. The charges are best used with Thrash and Lacerate, but the DoT from Lacerate will get overwritten within 3 seconds.

3) If it's really important to get a little bit of extra clutch healing from Renewal, your potion, and your lock rocks, something else is probably wrong.