FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
zeffrell

Affdots

OK just started using this addon last week and have to say omfg this addon is awesome. I have noticed a huge dps gain while using it. The way I use it basically is after applying the dots and haunt at the beginning I watch it and reapply dots and my trinkets proc using burn/swap. Is this ok. I know the colors and all that but figuring that when I see it state that reapplying my dots will be gaining like 200% would be much better then waiting for them to gain the panda thing. I Just have been doing that for now and trying to remember to apply haunt. Sorry if this is confusing it is to me trying to type it. When is the best time to cause haunt after applying the dots?

Basically I just use the addon to tell me when to reapply the dots to make them hit stronger and powerauras to show me the procs.

Here is a sample of my wol from last raid

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f5dn4iwzqqkevfbn/

And my armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Zeffrell/simple

I rarely worry about the colors unless I don't have any procs running. If a super buff or buffs are about to wear off and all the colors are red, but I'd either be able to maintain their current power or exceed it, then hell yes I'll overwrite with new DoT's. Your purpose is to maximize your uptime of the most powerful DoT's you can manage, not mana conservation because you're casting DoT's more often.

Edited by Omaric

Awesome that is exactly how I felt and been running so no point in changing it. Just have to remember to keep haunt up but try and save a shard encase of a huge proc from Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen. That proc is just insane. Have to debate now weather or not to swap it out for Wushoolay's Final Choice if i get it or just not bother rolling for it or not.

correct me if im wrong, but ive read from several of the more experienced locks here that only agony can snapshot crit? some1 confirm?

This is new information valid as of last Friday, May 17. Prior to this, all DoTs snapshotted Crit. However, I can confirm as of last night that Doom still snapshots Crit, so Agony is not exclusive in that party. It just removed an unintended effect that some Warlocks were abusing in getting UA and Corruption to always crit throughout an entire fight. Personally, I'm glad it's fixed.

mkay...so does this essentially equate to lei shen's trink being useless on its proc for an affliction lock? i mean, if only agony can benefit from the snapshot then is it really worth it compared to other trinks with procs which all 3 dots can roll through?

No. Perfect Aim will snapshot Crit for all three DoTs throughout their duration. The correction was to the Soul Swap:Inhale and Soul Swap:Exhale mechanic. That is what no longer snapshots UA and Corruption's crit chance. UVoLS is still a solid choice for Affliction and you should be using Soulburn: Soul Swap when Perfect Aim procs.

oh i totally misunderstood, thanks for the heads up. interestingly, ive definetly noticed that when perfect aim procs that, without refreshing a thing, my already applied dots start critting like mad. why would this be?

I just downloaded this addon and found that it's out of date. Can anyone who's been using it, since BEFORE Patch 5.3, tell me whether it still works perfectly and the same as before the patch? If the answer is yes, I will update the TOC for my copy, myself. This is NOT a complaint about it being out of date. I only heard about this addon a few days ago. If anyone who's been using it since 5.2, can tell me whether it still works the same, then I'll just update my copy's TOC myself. That's what I usually do with all my addons when I know they continue to work perfectly through various major patches.

oh i totally misunderstood, thanks for the heads up. interestingly, ive definetly noticed that when perfect aim procs that, without refreshing a thing, my already applied dots start critting like mad. why would this be?

Really? Is that possibly your Malefic Grasp causing them to crit when you cast it after the proc?

When Perfect Aim procs, all things crit for 4 seconds. However, if you don't reapply your DoTs, your DoTs will stop 100% critting after Perfect Aim wears off.

I notice that Affdots' developer says s/he doesn't have time for WoW or addons and is looking for someone to take over (this is on the addon's Curse page).

Honestly, this addon benefits a LOT of locks, and I'd really, really hate to see it get obsoleted. I am in no way, shape or form a developer so I can't volunteer. Is anyone aware of a transition or new blood coming in to keep this great addon viable for warlocks?

I don't remember the last time i updated affdots, and i really don't think that, unless they majorly change how the dots work, it will NEED a change.

It would be cool to keep expanding on the concept. Multi-target affdots would be awesome.

Maybe a tidyplates/affdots bastard child?Posted Image

When Perfect Aim procs, all things crit for 4 seconds. However, if you don't reapply your DoTs, your DoTs will stop 100% critting after Perfect Aim wears off.

how would previously applied dots crit during the 4 seconds perfect aim is active without having been snapshotted in the first place? i understand that agony -mg, corruption - mg, and UA - mg, would begin to crit, but when you say ALL things do you mean, like, every swingin thing?

DoTs snapshot. So if you didn't update Agony, Corruption, and UA during Perfect Aim, they would neither guaranteed crit during Perfect Aim nor after Perfect Aim.

During Perfect Aim, MG/DS ticks AND their DoT counterparts (MG-Agony, MG-Corr, etc.) will guaranteed crit. After Perfect Aim wears off, this effect dissipates.

DoTs snapshot. So if you didn't update Agony, Corruption, and UA during Perfect Aim, they would neither guaranteed crit during Perfect Aim nor after Perfect Aim.

During Perfect Aim, MG/DS ticks AND their DoT counterparts (MG-Agony, MG-Corr, etc.) will guaranteed crit. After Perfect Aim wears off, this effect dissipates.

So if I start a Drain Soul during a Perfect Aim proc, only the ticks in the duration of the actual proc will crit?