FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kerean

Did the forums get reorganised into subforums?

As above.  I suggest that given the number of threads, it might have been better to leave things as they were, as now we need to check many different subforums for new threads rather than just one.  It might have been different if there were a high number of new threads.

6 hours ago, Kerean said:

As above.  I suggest that given the number of threads, it might have been better to leave things as they were, as now we need to check many different subforums for new threads rather than just one.  It might have been different if there were a high number of new threads.

We're still changing a few things round, sorry about that! We're trying to make sure things are kept somewhat easy-to-use. Once everything is done, I'll put out a large post in the news section detailing all the changes, what each forum should be used for and so on. 

The transition is slightly rocky, I know, but all will be explained properly! Once again, apologies - the last thing we're hoping to do is confuse people!

That is why we value your feedback, it allows us to change things before it's "too late". We even have a subforum for feedback! If there is anything you would like to see on this site, you can post there and someone (most probably Blainie) will have a look at it and think through what can be done to make you happy.

As for the number of threads thing, that is one of the reasons why the forums are going through changes - to get more traffic. The forum reorganisation is a thing we do now when it's still kind of easy to do. 

Having administered on my own VB boards, I'm all for subforums.  However, as alluded to in my first post, the relatively low number of threads in Hearthstone mean that a user has to browse through many subforums just to see a few new threads.  It might be worth considering deferring the subdivision until there are a relatively higher number of threads where subdivision them makes sense.  Otherwise, with a low number of new threads/posts, it is usually easier to just have fewer subforums so users just need to look in one/few places.

I'm going to offer my own opinion of this here.

Imo, for the moment, a condensed form of forum will work more efficiently. Given that there aren't many traffic in the forum, although having the forum cut into different pieces will make it more organised, it is simply not very effective. Having an organised forum does not attract more traffic. A forum with more traffic attracts more traffic. The organised forum simply helps the board be clearer on what the viewer may be looking for.

With things as it is, it will eventually result in some sub-forums being neglected by the users.

• Like 2