FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
hoodedfigure

Druid guardian tank (NEED HELP WITH TANKING! )

I'm having trouble tanking in general I was doing a timewalk in Lich king and i kept wiping at a boss or a group of mobs with mods using damaging spells I need a guide 

In timewalking especially you need to be making sure you're using your defensive cooldowns.  Remember, everything is scaled down in timewalking dungeons, so there is not concept of "out-gearing" it.  Savage defense is a good way of mitigating physical damage, and barkskin is a flat 20% DR, both with rather short cooldowns, so don't be afraid to use them.

Yep, as Orthios said - keep using your CDs. I'd also recommend spending some time in PGs - it will teach you how to plan and use your defensives :)

15 minutes ago, Pinkis said:

Yep, as Orthios said - keep using your CDs. I'd also recommend spending some time in PGs - it will teach you how to plan and use your defensives :)

pgs are easy for me only raids and dungeons i have a problem with every time i enter a dungeon i get out of wack same with raids there is so much going on its hard to see what everyone is saying 

Edited by hoodedfigure

5 hours ago, hoodedfigure said:

pgs are easy for me only raids and dungeons i have a problem with every time i enter a dungeon i get out of wack same with raids there is so much going on its hard to see what everyone is saying 

I'm not sure if we're on the same page. Have you done endless tank PG at least 30 waves? If you have and you're still facing huge problems in dungeons/raids you should spend some time on tactics. Read atleast dungeon journal, it will help you a lot if you know what you're dealing with.

2 hours ago, Pinkis said:

I'm not sure if we're on the same page. Have you done endless tank PG at least 30 waves? If you have and you're still facing huge problems in dungeons/raids you should spend some time on tactics. Read atleast dungeon journal, it will help you a lot if you know what you're dealing with.

My mistake i thought you were talking about pvp battle grounds. No i have not did any well im fixing my spells also abilities and making macos for my self 

There is little people can do without you providing a link to your armory, but here are just few general tips:

1)  Follow the stat priority provided in the IcyVeins guide.

2)  Follow the abilities priority list from the same guide, make sure you:

- Keep Thrash bleed debuff up on all targets always for it provides increased rage generation.

- Use Mangle on colldown

- Use Lacerate when Mangle is not available AND you don't have 3 stacks. Lacerate can reset the cooldown on Mangle, use it.

- Use Pulverize when you have 3 stacks of Lacerate, you MUST keep 100% uptime on Pulverize

- Never waste rage, if it is close to a maximum use rage consuming ability.

3. You spend rage mostly on Savege Defence of Frenzied  Regeneration. First is best used while you have a normal amount of health to reduce damage taken, second is used to heal you up if you already took damage, your health is low and you need a healing.

4. Never have 2 stacks of Savege Defence, keep it rolling, except of situations when you need to use it twice in a row,

5. Do not hesitate to use your defencive cooldowns: barkskin and survival instincts. It's always better to waste some than die.

Timewalking is a bit of a special case. Frenzied Regeneration, and tank self-healing abilities in general, are so powerful in Timewalking that it borders on broken. I went in there with my partner on a Paladin healing me, and I matched the Paladin's healing just by spamming FR on myself whenever I dropped below 50%. This is because of how the level scaling interacts with the Resolve buff, which increases your healing ability based on how much damage you have taken. In this mode there is literally no reason to spend Rage on anything else.

In other modes, if you are tanking a bunch of trash mobs, or just generally want to avoid melee hits, then you use Savage Defense. If you've spent your charges, or if the damage you are taking is primarily magic, use FR. When you don't need healing, use Maul when a proc flashes (again provided you are taking melee damage).

Edited by Tarazet