FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
bigbadorc

tame beast (necropost/newthread)

i looked through the forums and found the answer i was looking for but needed clarification on a detail that wasnt addressed and didnt want to necropost on that thread so started this thread to see if i could get a answer on this detail. my hunter is 32 i only have one pet but no slot for a second or third pet if eligible for a third pet slot. is there a NPC i need to find about getting those slots as i become eligible for them? if so, where can i find them? i have checked the hunter class trainers and they just go on about repec and glyph reset while stable master just wants to store pets. maybe i should just try to tame another pet with a current active pet to see if that opens up a slot or just replaces the current active pet. <----will try this while waiting for response. thanks in advance for any tips and heads up.

thank you for reading and or replying to this topic. however looking through spellbook and visiting the stablemaster i have answered my own question. sorry for inconvenience. though for those that might be wondering the same thing and have been searching through forums on the topic open spell book and find call pet ability. if you have reached the required levels there will be an additional slot. just need to tame beast to fill available slots and visit stable master if you wish to open up a slot to tame a different pet until you have reached the maximum slots of 5 pets. then you can use stablemaster to store ( up to 20 ) and swap out pets you have tamed.

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. You're right basically, the slots are given to you as you level up free of the need to visit a trainer or anything like that. Just dismiss your current pet, and as long as you have at least one other free slot, you'll be able to tame an additional pet.

Guest WeeWilly
Yes, make sure you "dismiss" and not "abandon" the pet. Voice of experience. Posted Image

Alternatively, to check when you can unlock more slots you can go to your spellbook and look in there. It tells you when you learn them.