FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Allelya

Disc Vs Holy - Which do you prefer and why?

I'm always interested in why other Priests love to play Disc over Holy. I've found disc to be more useful while leveling until level 70+, then Holy feels better to me with more healing utility. I just feel like I have more options with Holy later on.

What's your thoughts, fellow priesties?

Personally I like the preventative healing from Disc, as opposed to the reactive healing from Holy. That being said, my guild is forcing me to L2Holy so... I'm getting used to it. Shields still seems to be the way to go for effective healing with less overhealing though.

I play on a PVP server and am usually outnumbered by the other faction everywhere I go.  Disc provides the extremely potent healing capabilities in a 1v3/2v5 combination typically encountered in open world and in PvP.  Personally, I feel disc just engages all facets of the game smoothly.  It's entirely acceptable in the PvE environment and uniquely specialized for for the PVP environment which allows me to travel without being easily assaulted.

Of course the best part is, slowly corrupting the health pool of two ambitious rogues without having to tap a nearby player on the shoulder and say "Excuse me, would you mind assisting me with these yellow type players who seem to be obsessed with my kidneys"

• Like 1

lol.. Thanks Wolfcookie. That was a great assessment if I've ever read one. I've always bounced between the two specs because I ADORE the priest class. But for my own playstyle, in PvE I just find holy to work better for me. Your perspective has given me better insight. Thanks a ton!

• Like 1

Holy feels more utilized for healing because it's only logical. Disc is not made for healing in ordinary sense, of course disc heals but it's true purpose is to prevent damage which is quite cool 'cause you cant heal dead people. So the choice here is between damage reduction and healing. Personally I think that reduction is always better but it doesn't mean that holy is bad. It's also a viable choice and they heal quite good. People often switch to holy when there are enough disc priests in the party already mostly 1-2 depending on party size.

Edited by ForumWarrior