FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nobleshield

Destro/Afflic gearing question

I've seen the answer to this somewhere but I can't remember where. I run Destruction + Affliction, but I don't want to have two sets of gear for both. I've been using Ask Mr. Robot to show me what to gem/enchant/reforge and it prioritizes Crit for Destro, which Affliction hates. If I tell it to treat my gear as Affliction, it prioritized Haste/Mastery.

Is there a "jack of all trades" gearing style I can use for both Destruction and Affliction so I can perform as either as suits my fancy? I understand it won't be as optimal, but I am not really concerned with that as I mainly do LFR and once in a while tag along on my guild's T14 runs and fill a spare role when we venture into ToT.

You can't really go wrong with prioritizing haste and mastery for both specs.

It kind of depends on the fight really. You said you were only doing LFR, so reforging for every boss dosnt really matter, but on fights like counsil, mastery > haste for affli by far, while on more single target fights you would want the normal haste breakpoint and then mastery. Personally, I would recomend hitting a low breakpoint such as 6300 (that is a breakpoint isnt it?) and stacking mastery. It means you have a decent amount of mastery for every fight and some haste to work with for both specs.

Edited by Vestion

Since I kinda suck at theorycrafting myself, could I get away with using AMR and having it give me Affliction priorities (Haste > Mastery I think) but forcing hit cap for Destro without losing too much? I sometimes fill a spare Dps slot for when my guild does T14 or Jin'rokh (we are one of those guilds stuck on Horridon and losing morale) so I need to care a bit about my DPS but not to the extreme.

Edited by wayniac

I suppose for someone in your position AMR is fine, however don't trust it regardless of what it tells you. I won't get into the whole argument for hit capping now, I personally believe to cap hit always, but if you feel otherwise than thats fine. I don't really use AMR, but is it possible to set haste caps you want it to reforge to? If so I would recommend doing that and then like I said, putting whatever is left into mastery. This seems to be one of the most optimal methods for every spec atm, the haste caps are just a bit different.

What spec do you play most? If it is affliction gem/reforge accordingly and your destro will be just fine :) Switching between the two with each specs better stat weights will be effective for both. Haste and Mastery is what every warlock spec is going. Demo seems to be going a bit more heavy with the mastery unlike the other two, but besides that keeping them about even is good.

I think i run 11k haste and 7.2k mastery - i had higher haste before, but i found it wasn't as beneficial to have quite so much haste for destro which i seemed to run more because heroic fights call for it.

I hope this helped :)

I mostly run Destro but have been meaning to try Affliction again to see how it compares. I went for Hit > Mastery = Haste so hopefully that works out.

Thanks for the help!

1. Hit cap for all specs, regardless. It was debatable for top plays LAST tier, because hit was very scarce in blues, but this tier it is a must for everyone.

2. The 'jack of all trades' is mastery >= haste >> crit. Specifically for destro/affli, I'd aim for 6637 haste breakpoint and then stack mastery. You basically can't go wrong with mastery this tier for any spec, but haste to the given breakpoint of affliction won't kill your destro dps, and will definitely help your affliction dps. If you get more towards normal bis, you may want to aim for the 9778 breakpoint for affliction, but your destruction dps might suffer a bit.

• Like 1