FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
PancakeMonk

deck shuffling

ok so after a really interesting streak with dragon tempo warrior yesterday with 9 in a row ..the server restarted lost 7 games in a row 2 today because my deck is literally upside down every game i look for my opening hand but almost get the same mid game cards so my question or rather wondering ..whats going on ..7 games almost having the same cards in the opening hand i mulligan for a low curve start and almost get the same cards each turn ..would like some explanation if there is any reasonable one to begin with.. thank you 

There's not much of an explanation to be had really, just a streak of bad luck regarding your draw. Similar to how you probably had a streak of good luck when drawing into that 9-win streak.

• Like 1

i know it is but i though  there was any kind of mechanics intervening with the deck order that i did not know about  ..thanks for the reply mate  !!

There is not really much to know about deck shuffle in Hearthstone besides the fact decks are stored online, on server, and the order is known to the game(although not to any player). That was clarified when they invented Reno.

It's random. And like in any card game, you mitigate that random by your deck building and by the fact your opponent has an exact same chance to get screwed too. Fair game.

why are you both replying like am whining about the bad rng :D .. i thought there was something related to a game mechanic i did not know about thats all ..all good :D

Having just lost 4 tempo warrior games in a row, one against a freeze mage where both my executes where in my last 7 cards (all others were heavy control), I've changed my mind. The game is rigged against me.

I need to go punch something now.

9 minutes ago, PancakeMonk said:

why are you both replying like am whining about the bad rng :D .. i thought there was something related to a game mechanic i did not know about thats all ..all good :D

I think the answer you were looking for is that there is no reasonable explanation :p I've had the exact same problem before with a crappy opening hand that just kept coming back while the opponent seemed to have exactly the cards they needed :p That said, as Sottle taught me, there is more than just the opening hand that will decide your game and we, regular players, make mistakes that are far more severe than a bad starting hand.

2 hours ago, Damien said:

I think the answer you were looking for is that there is no reasonable explanation :p I've had the exact same problem before with a crappy opening hand that just kept coming back while the opponent seemed to have exactly the cards they needed :p That said, as Sottle taught me, there is more than just the opening hand that will decide your game and we, regular players, make mistakes that are far more severe than a bad starting hand.

indeed my friend :)

3 hours ago, PaasHaaS said:

Having just lost 4 tempo warrior games in a row, one against a freeze mage where both my executes where in my last 7 cards (all others were heavy control), I've changed my mind. The game is rigged against me.

I need to go punch something now.

dont ..it will pass its probably just bad rng ..the game is not rigged against you the games loves all players equally

15 hours ago, PancakeMonk said:

dont ..it will pass its probably just bad rng ..the game is not rigged against you the games loves all players equally

so far thats my 8 win ladder streak 

Hearthstone Screenshot 06-09-16 08.04.06.png

Edited by PancakeMonk