FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cataylst

Sub not friendly, need advise

Hello,

i thought I'd give it one last attempt to fix myself before just throwing in the towel.

MY biggest issues is that I don't like sub, never have, never will. It's always been a pvp spec to me. 

With that being said, it's the leading spec and with pushing the last few mystic bosses before legion, it's sink or swim for me. My RL expectes me to top the meter and I want to as well. 

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Ghostted/simple

i just got mystic soul cap and gloves last night so they are not upgraded yet but used them for Tyrant, before had heroic versions.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZDB38nVaJ4Y7zRWQ#start=15191259&end=15292928

Last night logs, many more available too.

Last night I tried doing more of a ambush spam on opener regardless of CP to boost soul cap vs doing Ambush for 5 CP and Evis.

I think I'm doing things right for the most part, I know I'm bad about pooling energy, and my uptime usually suck. I do feel that I am grossing missing something.

Any advise would be great, though I'm about ready to peace out until legion and hope sub isn't master spec.

I went through and found logs for Zakuun cause he's single target and an easy example

1. Your SnD and Rupture uptime are very very low
  2. You frequently cap Energy
  3. You aren't using Vanish enough

Most importantly though, is you aren't using your cooldowns with the Ring. Your entire burst should be used with either that or Soul Cap, and ideally both.

Work on your uptimes and avoiding capping energy. If it helps, don't use any skills until you reach 80-90 energy, and don't use any finishers until you get to 8cp (5cp + 3 stacks on Anticipation)

1 hour ago, Carrn said:

I went through and found logs for Zakuun cause he's single target and an easy example

1. Your SnD and Rupture uptime are very very low
  2. You frequently cap Energy
  3. You aren't using Vanish enough

Most importantly though, is you aren't using your cooldowns with the Ring. Your entire burst should be used with either that or Soul Cap, and ideally both.

Work on your uptimes and avoiding capping energy. If it helps, don't use any skills until you reach 80-90 energy, and don't use any finishers until you get to 8cp (5cp + 3 stacks on Anticipation)

Thank you for your time and input. Zakuun, was not a good fight for me as I was assigned the first fissure soak which always is mid soul cap. Having to go out and soak would explain the energy cap.

On 6/8/2016 at 7:45 PM, Cataylst said:

Thank you for your time and input. Zakuun, was not a good fight for me as I was assigned the first fissure soak which always is mid soul cap. Having to go out and soak would explain the energy cap.

It wasn't just the 1 time that you capped, but I understand having to move for mechanics. Honestly I would talk to your raid leader about getting somebody else to soak the first one, since Soul Cap's initial proc is so crucial to you.

On 6/9/2016 at 8:35 PM, Carrn said:

It wasn't just the 1 time that you capped, but I understand having to move for mechanics. Honestly I would talk to your raid leader about getting somebody else to soak the first one, since Soul Cap's initial proc is so crucial to you.

Yes, if and when we go back, I will not be on fissure duty. It was first night of attempts and just wanted a kill and I am pretty reliable on mechanics. I would be mostly interested on our Tyrant attempts to see where my opener is broken. I know we played with some things like hero at the start and what not. but I feel like my opener is lacking.

Your opener for Tyrant looks the same as it does for other bosses, so that's fine. In the first 20s of pulls you're very close to top damage, as a matter of fact.

Your SnD uptime is still pretty low - even a couple seconds here and there are windows that need to be closed when clearing Mythic content, but that's a relatively easy fix.

The bigger concern to me is that you don't seem to focus the add much. You're the only dps in the entire raid that regularly doesn't do a lot of damage to it.

The biggest concern to me though is your lack of survival skills being used. I don't see a lot of defensive skills being cast, and I see an awful lot of damage being taken from things that are generally avoidable. My small bit of advice for this, is to take Elusiveness instead of Cheat Death. Cheat is only really going to benefit you if you get 1 shot, and there isn't a whole lot of that on a fight like Tyrant; the extra damage reduction from Feint will help a ton. Additionally, if you get to the point where you're able to regularly have permanent uptime on Rupture, you might want to consider swapping out Glyph of Hemo for Glyph of Feint. I actually don't see you covering your Rupture holes with Hemo at all, so you could probably swap it out and not really notice much of a difference