FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Wobrig

Heroic Specs

Hi guys

Im looking for a bit of advice. I have a 522 ilvl lock. Though lvling i have played all 3 specs but since 10m raiding through ToT I have been Destro. We have just started Heroic this week and downed our first heroic thunder.

I have been reading lots of different guides and reviews on warlocks looking for anything that may give me that little more for heroic's. At the min I have alot of crit and I am thinking of regemming/reforging into mastery or haste.

I have read affilc is more haste and demo is more mastery.

So my question is, what spec's are the best all rounders for heroic's? I looked at alot of the top locks and most run demo as main spec. I only really want to carry one pve set.

I am also the only lock in our 10 team if that makes any difference.

Any advice help would be great.

Thanks

I have a guide written called T15 Normal and Heroics where I detail the optimal spec, rotation, talents, etc. for each boss. I think I have 9 of the bosses covered for heroic while the Twins guide will be forthcoming as I got that this week.

Thanks for the reply, Looking through it im thinking im best going destro/demo.

I need to re gem as I have been running more crit based on noxxic which says crit first.

So if im to run both demo/destro what haste break point do i want to be at before pumping mastery?

Or do i want to bring them up together like 7k each. I read at some point mastery can pass int, what is this based on? once you reach X amount of int or X amount of mastery. Im just thinking as im in 522 gear and have 3 red int gems should i be looking at orange int/mast

It's fight specific on your stats. It's also dependent on your role in each fight. If you're going Demo/Destro, I suggest the 8094 cap for Haste then all Mastery. Avoid Crit like the plague.

Thanks. Poor adviced on noxxic going all crit. But I have been doing ok on the tables in our team with crit gems so can only get better with more master. What about the int lvls or is that horse poo and keep red int in red sockets?

I typically go Red = Int/Mastery, Yellow = Mastery, Blue = Hit/Mastery.

Hi again,

Last night I got lucky and got a couple of drops to get me up to 4 set. After having a change around from the advice from here am I heading the right way with my gems? I still havent got the crit trinket :(

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Wobrig/simple

I no it was said not to use red int gems but at what point to you move over to the orange int/mast or int/haste?

Thanks

Last tier. Pretty much in T14, secondary stats overtook primary stats in regards to gemming because gems get 2x the kick than primary stat gems. The point in which you move to orange gems is yesterday.

Thanks,

Im on it, il get changing to the orange.

Just wish I could get a bit of luck on the trinket drops, keeping getting gold from my rolls :(

Next job is to try harder with demo/afflic specs. I keep going back to destro when it come to 10 man and not giving demo or afflic a fair chance. Daft really when I was afflic for most of last tier.

Last tier. Pretty much in T14, secondary stats overtook primary stats in regards to gemming because gems get 2x the kick than primary stat gems. The point in which you move to orange gems is yesterday.

at 511 gs, with slightly higher haste then mastery I got simc scaling values on int=4.73, haste 2.29, and mastery at 2.30; which I read as suggesting to gem int. The lock godfather is saying other things, now I am confused.

Edited by rhino

You're going to see values change no matter what you do. If you changed the reforging on one piece of gear, your values would change. Even still, let's look at your weights right there.

Intellect = 4.73

Mastery = 2.30

Mastery x 2 = 4.60

You're talking about a difference now of 0.13 DPS per point of stats. For example,

5 Red Gems = 4.73 x 160 x 5 = 3784 DPS

5 Orange Gems = 4.73 x 80 x 5 + 2.30 x 160 x 5 = 1892 + 1840 = 3732 DPS

3784 - 3732 = 52 DPS. Let me ask you a serious question: At 511 ilvl, are you going to notice 52 DPS when you should be pushing 125,000+?

The stat weights you calculated are for single-target fights, anyways. How many of those are you dealing with? I heavily suggest secondary stat gemming.

• Like 1