FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
themunck

Finding specific stat weights with leg. meta?

I just got my affliction warlock the legendary metagem, and have read that this little baby makes stacking haste more attractive than stacking mastery, as I have been doing so far. Does anyone have the specific stat-weights, so I can put them into my reforge addon?

Well, i ran sim with ur armory, and here's the stat values spesific to ur gear and talent choise.

INT : 4,37

HIT : 2,44

CRIT: 1,72

HASTE: 2,99

MAST: 2,59

Seeing these values, makes ur gem and enchanting a little wrong too. As u get double the amount of secondary stat from gems as u do primary stats, its better for u to do 320 haste in yellow, 160 haste with 80 int in red and 160 haste with 160 hit in blue. Also seeing ur using 175 hit on ur boots and later reforging away alot of hit for mastery, insted go for 175 haste on ur boots and leave some of the hit unreforged. Same for ur hands, change out mastery ench for haste ench.

If theres anything else, just ask =)

- Horcored

Just had a discussion on this with evrelia/sparkuggz/shooby.

We all seem to be in agreement that the RNG factor of haste in game is much higher than simc. The inflated value of haste this tier is mostly because of RPPM trinkets, and while haste does *reduce* the rng of their procs, its still horribly RNG.

Then we have mastery, which is good no matter what your rng is.

The consensus was, essentially, haste to breakpoint > mastery > haste > crit, just like last tier. The specific breakpoint it a little open for debate. I, personally, think 9778 for the UA breakpoint is the place to aim in normal mode+, but if you have a few heroic pieces, the 10794 breakpoint on agony is also viable. Basically, you don't want to just stack pure haste like simc does and end up with a really low mastery value.

I'd also like to note that, considering the 25% nerf to corruption that came in 5.2, it isn't as important to gear around corruption breakpoints, because the damage of it is just so terrible right now compared to UA/agony.

Edited by gahhda
  • Like 1

Agony is the mother-DoT when deciding on your thresholds because it does the most amount of damage and has the smallest tick interval. The combination of the two makes it the best to worry about.

Glad to hear that your talk with other Warlocks confirmed what I talked to you about two weeks ago when I said "I'm going Mastery" and you said "you're a noob." hahahah

I'm pretty happy right now with my 15300 Haste/4800 Mastery reforge, the frenetic haste playstyle amuses me. The 300% haste when whe Bloodlust at Beggining with Tempus Repit + Dark Soul it's just amazing. Edited by JvChequer

Just had a discussion on this with evrelia/sparkuggz/shooby.

We all seem to be in agreement that the RNG factor of haste in game is much higher than simc. The inflated value of haste this tier is mostly because of RPPM trinkets, and while haste does *reduce* the rng of their procs, its still horribly RNG.

Then we have mastery, which is good no matter what your rng is.

The consensus was, essentially, haste to breakpoint > mastery > haste > crit, just like last tier. The specific breakpoint it a little open for debate. I, personally, think 9778 for the UA breakpoint is the place to aim in normal mode+, but if you have a few heroic pieces, the 10794 breakpoint on agony is also viable. Basically, you don't want to just stack pure haste like simc does and end up with a really low mastery value.

I'd also like to note that, considering the 25% nerf to corruption that came in 5.2, it isn't as important to gear around corruption breakpoints, because the damage of it is just so terrible right now compared to UA/agony.

Well, as that might sound logic, i've seen as Methods main lock, Sparkuggz is going full haste with 14,9k haste points and from what i can see in the streams he's pulling insane dmg as well.

Ofc, if u just have terrible RNG u will pull lower dmg with a hastebuild than with a mastery build, but with just a little luck with ur RNG haste seems to become stronger.

- Horcored

Agony is the mother-DoT when deciding on your thresholds because it does the most amount of damage and has the smallest tick interval. The combination of the two makes it the best to worry about.

Glad to hear that your talk with other Warlocks confirmed what I talked to you about two weeks ago when I said "I'm going Mastery" and you said "you're a noob." hahahah

I love the slander of my name and misquote :3. If you would recall I in fact said that none of this matters outside of single target because mastery wins in aoe/cleave.

Nothing has changed since then, ~15k haste is better for single target, 8100/mastery is better for anything else...which is almost the entirety of this tier.

That was the whole point of my argument when I pushed for the Mastery idea. Ain't nobody got time to figure out optimal single target DPS because that doesn't exist here in meaningful fights! You know I'm just messing with you.

For everyone else, the difference between super high Haste and some Haste and some Mastery is pretty darn negligible. Just because other players use a reforge and do good DPS doesn't mean it's best for you. Comparing yourself to a Method Warlock is a lofty goal and it should be noted his DPS isn't from his reforge...it's from his execution of his class mechanics.