FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
areanu

Frost Mage - Arenau Help

Oltier, hiya Posted Image

Since you are probably most helping frost mage around here, I can certainly use an advice too.

521 mage, http://us.battle.net...Areanu/advanced

WoL for my guild: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/28237/ (we used to run two 10m teams, hence 2 logs for raid days).

All in all,my Inv and NT uptime suck, and sometimes FB uptime sucks as well.

I'm trying to make sure I have a good uptime via TMW addon (before it falls off and everytime it does big icons pop up on my screen telling me to fix that), yet I constantly fail at that.

I figured our discussion might be of a general use to a topic starter as well, hence posting it here.

Fight addons: ElvUI / TMW / DBM.

Is there anything else besides practicing uptimes?

Edited by areanu

I'm not Oltier but you may get better feedback from him if you link specific logs for him to look at, i.e. "I'm only pulling X amount of damage on Y boss, what can I do differently?"

Also it seems like you are already pretty conscious of what you need to do differently: NT and Invoker's Energy uptimes. Have you tried fixing these areas first? Are you still seeing a deficiency as a result?

Oltier is very good at articulating areas for improvement but you may get a better response if you provide a bit more clarity upfront.

Edited by solacespecs
  • Like 2

Hello fellow Frost Mage!

I appreciate your faith in me and I will do my best, to help you. Altough, I have to tell you the other mages around here are pretty helpful as well, so just take their opinions in mind as well. Posted Image

The first thing I realized in your armory, that you have a bit too much Hit points, that you could convert into crit or mastery imo.

As Solacespecs suggested I would really like it if you could let me know which boss means difficulties to you in terms of DPS because I could go in depths more. I wanted to focus on HC Jin'rokh but I couldn't find any logs including you Posted Image.

I tried to have a look at random fights but it would be sooo long to write about all.. Posted Image So yes, just please tell me which bosses you feel very uncomfortable with and I will analyze those. And also it would be pretty good if you could link a WoL exactly about that fight. Like if you don't feel like as a good mage on Magaera link your most recent WoL about that fight, please. That would save me lots of minutes of searching, because I just realized that your guild runs with 2 groups :DD

To be frank, I have never used ElvUi and TMW so I'm not quite sure how they work and what they are capable of.

Instead of TMW I use Weakauras, but I am pretty sure that TMW can do the same as Weakauras.

In Weakauras, I have a setting, a bar that has a counter on it for Invoker's energy. At 10 seconds remaining on the buff, it makes an annoying sound that I will hear for sure, and a huge glowing stuff appears under my castbar. At 5 seconds to go it will yell at me again, and at 0 seconds it's a huge yell and everything goes crazy, and the addon makes my evocation button glow. I am pretty furgetful I admit so these settings make sure I will never forget about invoker's energy Posted Image

What addon do you use for tracking your Nether Tempest on targets? Do you track Frostbolt debuff stacks on the bosses? Posted Image

One more question! I have realized that you already play on a pretty good level of frost mage. Are you interrested in very very neat trick as well, like how to track internal CD on trinkets to plan the usage of alter time etc, or just the normal tips and tricks? :D

Edited by Oltier
  • Like 2

One more question! I have realized that you already play on a pretty good level of frost mage. Are you interrested in very very neat trick as well, like how to track internal CD on trinkets to plan the usage of alter time etc, or just the normal tips and tricks? Posted Image

I actually would like to know this.

• Like 1

One more question! I have realized that you already play on a pretty good level of frost mage. Are you interrested in very very neat trick as well, like how to track internal CD on trinkets to plan the usage of alter time etc, or just the normal tips and tricks? Posted Image

TMW does that by default Posted Image

Moreover, TMW auto-includes everything that has internal CD (meta gem, tailor cloak chant etc) in a special icon bar, with 3 different types of a counter: uptime, time till next proc might happen, and a very neat counter for the chance to proc (Ghostcrawler talked about that in one of his posts. every second you are out of combat, your items with proc are getting special invisible buff that increases their chance to proc on first offensive cast up to almost 100%).

Honestly, the reason why i have not created a separate thread (i have understood this is not a good idea to post this thing in other's threads though, won't happen again) is that i have already set the path for improvements: uptimes, minimizing the necessary movement during the fight, better situational awareness etc.

It's just that I saw rather in-depth analysis of logs, and thought that there might be some crucial things i'm missing.

Guess not, and it's just a matter of doing everything timely and properly Posted Image

Oh, and on a side note: I did not mean to offend any other mage calling Oltier "most helpful". Just a way of showing my respect for the patience and time he puts in helping people out. Same thing can be said about many, many members here, and I'm certainly looking forward to join the community of mature players.

Been reading Icy-Veins for a least half a year, just never had anything much to say.

Edited by areanu
  • Like 2

I actually would like to know this.

Apparently, as Arenau said TMW actually tracks this without any special settings. My way of tracking it in Weakauras is a bit complex, soo.. Yes... but if you still want me to share it, just say so :D

TMW does that by default Posted Image

Moreover, TMW auto-includes everything that has internal CD (meta gem, tailor cloak chant etc) in a special icon bar, with 3 different types of a counter: uptime, time till next proc might happen, and a very neat counter for the chance to proc (Ghostcrawler talked about that in one of his posts. every second you are out of combat, your items with proc are getting special invisible buff that increases their chance to proc on first offensive cast up to almost 100%).

Honestly, the reason why i have not created a separate thread (i have understood this is not a good idea to post this thing in other's threads though, won't happen again) is that i have already set the path for improvements: uptimes, minimizing the necessary movement during the fight, better situational awareness etc.

It's just that I saw rather in-depth analysis of logs, and thought that there might be some crucial things i'm missing.

Guess not, and it's just a matter of doing everything timely and properly Posted Image

Oh, and on a side note: I did not mean to offend any other mage calling Oltier "most helpful". Just a way of showing my respect for the patience and time he puts in helping people out. Same thing can be said about many, many members here, and I'm certainly looking forward to join the community of mature players.

Been reading Icy-Veins for a least half a year, just never had anything much to say.

The meta gem does not have ICD :P But on the other hand, what you have written looks pretty cool. I'm actually thinking of giving this addon a shot.. :D

And yes mate, as I have ran through your logs quickly, on most fights you were like 10k maximum below me in terms of DPS, that can be corrected by better timing of spells etc. The biggest issue that I have seen was the less Frostbolt casts which is because of movement, imo.

But still, if you want me to look at any specific fight, I'd gladly :D