Blainie

Midsummer Fire Festival is Live!

7 posts in this topic

oPYQB4E.jpg

The Midsummer Fire Festival has arrived! Grab your mount and get ready to hunt bonfires, since the event is only here until the 5th July!

While there haven't been any changes made since the 2015 updates, here's what changed last year:

Despite there being no new changes, there are a few new things to focus on. In Legion, we will see Tabards becoming account-wide due to the new wardrobe feature. Due to this, I would recommend trying to grab the two Fire Festival tabards. You can do this through the following method:

• Obtain one of the tabards through the Ahune quest, Shards of Ahune.
  • Put the tabard into your void storage.
  • Go to the tabard vendor, Garyl for Horde and Rebecca Laughlin for the Alliance.
  • You can ask them to restore the other Fire Festival tabard.

Now you have both ready for the Legion wardrobe!

If you're still looking for the achievements, you can always check out our guide to the event. Good luck hunting bonfires!

Until the 5th of July*

First time getting to play this event for me so I'm looking forward to checking it all out :)

22 minutes ago, PaasHaaS said:

Until the 5th of July*

First time getting to play this event for me so I'm looking forward to checking it all out :)

Nice catch! 

It's good fun, Ahune is awesome the first time you try him. The bonfires are something I'm happy I never have to do ever again though

I was on the PTR earlier and because they're quest rewards if you've ever gotten the one the other will be auto added to your collection so you can be super lazy if you want.

I saw this post and thought "thank god I did this for my Amethyst Protodragon...

...5 years ago...

...wait, really?"

It's been, in fact, a long and strange journey.

Pick up yours achievement this year! No, really, just do it, you'll thank yourself later ;)

3 hours ago, Sawzorthn said:

I was on the PTR earlier and because they're quest rewards if you've ever gotten the one the other will be auto added to your collection so you can be super lazy if you want.

Ah! Awesome! Thanks for pointing this out :)

1 hour ago, Paracel said:

I saw this post and thought "thank god I did this for my Amethyst Protodragon...

...5 years ago...

...wait, really?"

It's been, in fact, a long and strange journey.

Pick up yours achievement this year! No, really, just do it, you'll thank yourself later ;)

I still can't bring myself to do it after 8? years of achievements being added. I just can't.

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

I still can't bring myself to do it after 8? years of achievements being added. I just can't.

Don't let your dreams be dreams. Midsummer is far from the worst in the family. 

No looking for dwarven girls, no AV madness... just flying around and that's it ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By joat
      Who We Are
      Tequila Sundown is a mythic raid team formed within the <Karma Horde> guild on US-Stormreaver. Lead by a husband/wife team with high-level raiding experience dating back to WotLK, we're a "positively determined" progression team that maintains a light-hearted atmosphere while tackling mythic difficulty content. We're mature adults with jobs and family seeking like-minded players who have a passion for the game but want to avoid the needless angst or drama that often gets associated with progression raiding. We log on to have fun - so come have some fun with us!

A Team Within a Community
      Our raid team is one of three within the larger guild of <Karma Horde>, which was formed back during WotLK. As such, the guild and Discord are very active and social. There are always people around online and in-game. The community atmosphere is welcoming and friendly to players of all levels. The guild enforces a Code of Conduct that has zero tolerance for hate/offensive speech.
      We are always looking to add players with a friendly personality and lots of passion for the game. We want players who are going to log in on non-raid nights and be down for all the other things we're into: pushing mythic+, doing world quests, PVP shenanigans, achievement hunting, hyper-competitive fishing.. there's so much to do and so many ways to enjoy the game. This is our favorite hobby and we'd like to play with you if it is yours, too.

Progression Goals
      We are 7/11 Mythic Antorus, Heroic AOTC.
      We strive for a fun environment that takes the challenges of mythic seriously and giving the content the respect it deserves. Our aim is, as all mythic teams, full clear of content but with always keeping the friendly spirit of camaraderie alive. Performance matters, but so does staying positive and finding the fun in the difficulty of a raid. We do not require mythic raid experience to join our team but we do expect mythic-level dedication and accountability from all of our raiders. You must be able to take constructive criticism and have ownership over your level of play, and be willing to put in the effort to be a contribution to the team.

Raid Days/Times
      Our mandatory raids are:
      Tuesdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Thursdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Optional:
      Sundays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Sundays are for farming the previous raid difficulty.

Recruitment Needs
      Our roster is currently full, but if you are still interested you may fill out an application via the link below. 
      Interested? Next steps: 
      Please check out our team's wiki on the <Karma Horde> subreddit.
      Read the Guild Code of Conduct
      Complete and submit a New Raider Application
      Join the guild's Discord server
      Add the Raid Leaders on bnet:  joat#1832 & lambkill#1856  
      Looking forward to hearing from you!
    • By Starym
      And we now have the very first official hotfixes of the pre-expansion patch! We have a bunch of class fixes for various abilities that were either bugged or incorrectly converted, fixes for legacy content and Tomb of Sargeras bosses, as well as other stat squish issues in the open world, and finally, a whole lot of quest items that can again be looted and other quest fixes.
      July 18 (source)
      July 18, 2018
      Classes
      Demon Hunter Chaos Brand correctly has unlimited duration outside of PvP. Druid Restoration Tranquility’s heal-over-time can correctly critically heal. Hunter Marksmanship Explosive Shot will now correctly despawn if the projectile collides with an obstacle or reaches maximum range, and refund partial cost and cooldown. Monk Mystic Touch correctly has unlimited duration outside of PvP. Mage Arcane Soul of the Archmage now grants the talent Amplification (was Temporal Flux). When Arcane Missiles activate Clearcasting, the subsequent (free) Missiles will correctly have reduced channel time and be affected by Slipstream. Priest Shadow Psychic Horror is correctly usable below level 74. Shaman Restoration Soul of the Farseer should now correctly grant the talent Echo of the Elements. Dungeons and Raids
      Tomb of Sargeras Maiden of Vigilance Wrath of the Creators should no longer deal excessive damage. Icecrown Citadel Lady Deathwhisper again has an appropriate amount of mana. Dire Maul Alzzin the Wildshaper’s Wild Generation should no longer heal for an excessive amount. The Arcatraz Fixed a bug causing Eredar Deathbringer to deal much more damage than intended. NPCs
      Fixed a bug causing centaurs in Desolace to deal more damage than intended. Druids can again interact with Skycaller Faeb. Player versus Player
      Honor and Conquest rewards for Epic Battlegrounds have been increased. Corrected the amount of damage dealt by players to creatures and vehicles in Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest. Professions
      Corrected the display of ranks in Profession recipe windows. Quests
      The Staff of Pei-Zhi can again be looted for “An Urgent Plea”. Fixed a bug preventing the completion of some Garrison campaign quests in Draenor. In Highmountain, Small Ceremonial Drum can again be interacted with for "Ceremonial Drums". Merchant Greenfield again gives the player seeds for "Learn and Grow I: Seeds". Fixed a bug preventing Kol Ironpaw from grilling the Bloody Plainshawk Leg for "A Gift For Fung". It is again possible to collect Fizzle’s Hand for “Fizzled”. Aprika’s Doll can again be collected for “Small Comforts”. Players can again interact with Mana-Drained Whelplings for "Their Dying Breaths". The Eye of Kilrogg is again obtainable for “Eye See You”. The Soulweave Vessel can again be looted for “The Cure For Death” and “Vessel of Virtue”. World
      Legion Assaults now correctly scale down to player level 98. 8.0.1 Patch Notes.
    • By Starym
      It seems 8.0.1 is one of the more unstable patches launched, as in addition to the significant server problems that plagued the US and OC launches there are also many more issues that still linger. After the known issues posted yesterday we have yet more getting addressed by Blizzard, but this time with some solutions as well.

First off we have several suggestions on how to fix lost Mage Tower artifact appearances, as well as clarifications on the overall artifact transmogging system:
      Mage Tower Appearances (source)
      Before a hotfix that we made to the game on Tuesday, July 17 at 3:30 p.m. PDT, some players in the Americas, Australia, and New Zealand may have found that the Mage Tower Artifact appearance they thought they earned had gone missing. We have some suggestions for you, if you believe this to be the case.
      Check your quest logs.
      If you have either the scenario quest completed, or you’re on the final quest to return to Dalaran and talk to the Council of Six, you should be able to go turn it in and obtain the appearance.
      Go to The Violet Citadel.
      It’s possible that one of the Council of Six has the final mage tower quest available for you. Go to Dalaran, accept the quest, stand in the circle and have your weapon upgraded, and then complete the quest. This should award the appearance.
      We apologize for the confusion. Thank you very much!

Artifact transmog (source)
      Since the Pre-Patch went live yesterday, we’ve seen some questions and concerns from players on several transmogrification issues. We’d like to elaborate on some details about how the system works:
      Transmogging an Artifact to look like a non-Artifact from your weapon appearances collection should work as it did before.
      You can now have a transmogrify vendor put an earned Artifact appearance on appropriate non-Artifact weapons belonging to characters who are of the same class and specialization as the character who earned the appearance.
      However, if you wish to apply an Artifact appearance to an Artifact, you must visit the Artifact Forge in your Class Hall, and your character is restricted to appearances that were earned on that character.
      Artifact appearances that come in pairs (main-hand + off-hand) cannot be separated when you’re using two items. If you apply the appearance of one of these to your main-hand item, your off-hand item will use the appearance of the other, and vice versa.
      Artifact appearances that come in pairs *can* be applied to two-hand weapons. A Shadow Priest can now make a staff look like Xal’atath, Blade of the Black Empire.
      Some Artifact appearances are so awesome that they can bypass restrictions on some weapon types. However, even though some restrictions have been lifted, other weapon restrictions remain. It is not intended that a melee weapon can be made to look like an Artifact bow or gun. Likewise, you can't make a bow/gun/wand look like an Artifact melee weapon.
      When doing transmogrification, you can select a slot to alter in the character pane on the left of the window, and then *right-click* on an appearance in the right pane of the window and use “transmogrify as”. This is especially useful when you visit the transmogrifier as a Feral or Guardian Druid.
      Thank you very much. We’ll continue to keep an eye on all of your questions and feedback!
      We then also have another list of common issues, some with explanations and solutions:
      List of common issues (source)
      GAMEPLAY: DIDN'T RECEIVE EXPECTED LOOT IN MYTHIC CACHE Known issue: Due to changes to the Mythic+ system in Battle for Azeroth, players will not receive their normal Mythic Cache loot and keystone this week. As this was unintended, we will be providing 1000 Wakening Essence as well as a Level 2 Keystone in the Mythic Cache for those who qualified for loot in the previous week. Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience!
      ELOTHIR DOESN'T SHOW UP FOR VARIOUS QUESTS Known issue: The Ancient Elothir does not spawn as required for a variety of quests, preventing players from completing the zone. We are looking to fix this issue as soon as possible.
      FULLSCREEN MODE UNAVAILABLE Not a bug: For compatibility reasons, the option to play in fullscreen has been removed from the game. Players may choose between playing in either windowed or fullscreen (windowed) mode.
      UNABLE TO CLAIM GIFTED BATTLE FOR AZEROTH KEY Under investigation: We have received reports that some players are unable to claim a gifted expansion. An investigation has been launched.
      MISSING EXTRA BAG SLOTS Under investigation: Some players that have both the Authenticator and SMS Protect enabled have reported missing the four extra bag slots. We are currently attempting to verify this issue.
    • By Stan
      Redditor Shaxai and r/wow compiled a list of undocumented changes in the 8.0 pre-patch. Check it out!
      The official Patch 8.0.1 Patch Notes can be found here.
      Undocumented Changes in Patch 8.0.1
      High Warlord Naj'entus in Black Temple received a new model. Many old creature models have been updated, including vultures, and gorillas. The world map screen you see while taking a boat/zeppelin is shown in HD. Some faction leaders have new voicelines. Kael'thas Sunstrider in Tempest Keep is bald (bug) Portals to other continents now appear as blue circles on the map. Share The Love is no longer required for Glory of the Hero. Demon Hunters can now purchase Slayer's Tabard for 100 Gold in their Order Hall.  Legion treasures award experience. Blood/Void Elf stealth animations have been updated. Wrynn's Vanguard faction is no longer available with the removal of Ashran. Wrynn's Vanguard Tabard and the title have been removed as well. The tabard can still be purchased if you reached Exalted with the faction before the 8.0 pre-patch. You can fly throughout Ashran. Amani Battle Bear, Amani War Bear & Vicious War Bear received new skins and skeletons. Strand of the Ancients achievements are no longer obtainable. Chromatic Sword drops again. Mountain Horse & Swift Mountain Horse have new models. Daily quests are no longer denoted by a blue exclamation mark, but rather a golden aura. Did you observe any changes not listed here? Post them in the reddit megathread and we'll add them to the list above!
    • By Starym
      No more Battle Chests or purchasing previous expansions, all you need is an active subscription!
      Well, no one has to to buy base WoW anymore, ever! Everything you need to do to play up until the upcoming expansion, Battle for Azeroth, is an active subscription. No more battle chests and individual purchases, just pay that monthly fee and access the entire game as it is at the moment, with nothing missing until August 14th, when you'll have to buy BfA for the new content. Additional digital deluxe items from each expansion are available at the Blizzard shop individually, but it's now easier than ever to jump into the game and just start playing.
      Recruit a Friend has also been updated:

Source: r/wow.