FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
yangax

[Guardian] Let's improve my bear

Heeello guys !

I came here to look for some help with my bear.

I'm actually 700ilvl and we are (with my guild) tying to complete raids (we're starting actually). I'm a new player so i'm not good with stats etc, i don't really know what i need to do with my bear.

Let's talk of my character a bit http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/la-croisade-ecarlate/Yangax/simple

It's my first character, and i reach 700 ilvl few days ago. I started my first raid this week with hellfire cita and after completing some boss i was like : "Ok maybe i've done something wrong in my build, i can't play him as i wanted to".

After reading stats i saw mastery and i was thinking "hmm, can reduce incoming damage, i'm a tank let's go for it", so i reached 2k+ mastery, thinking it'll be a good idea but i'm actually reconsidering it.

I've been asking to my guild mates but noone of them know how to properly gear a guardian, they told me mastery/multristrike/crit are good stats for me, and so i started to reach as much mastery as i can.

But in every fights i had rage issues, unable to cast frenzied regen or savage defense as much as i would. and so i came here to talk about it.

I saw many posts talking about how to gear your bear etc, but i'm wondering if after a certain point of mastery or crit etc it becomes bad to go for more and more and more.

Multristrike could help me with gaining HP during fight (if i'm correct), and crit will help me with rage generation, maybe it's better, for my survivability to reach more of crit and multristike over mastery. I would like to know what you guys think.

At the beggining i found it weird to go for offensiv stats for a tank so i aim mastery but i'm reconsidering it to improve my survivability, more heal, more savage degense, more hp etc..

Maybe thoses questions are an evidence to you but if one of you could help me with that, am i in the wrong direction, do i need to go for more multristrike over mastery etc..

Oh and i'd like to apologyze for my english, i'm not english and even if i can perfectly understand it i have many issues to make right sentences :p, let me know what u guys think and if you don't understant something i'll try to explain it a different way.

PS: maybe it's a bit fast, but i spent 30minutes to write a message and my computer just crashed so i wasn't brave enough to go for the same message ^^.

Thanks !

Yangax

Don't use Maul if you need to have a SD or FR.

Yes, using Maul does reduce the next attack, but if you have better things to spend the rage on (you do) then don't use it as much.

Mangle on cooldown, Lacerate often to gain rage too.

And maybe, Dream of Cenarius can help. Nature's Vigil can be usefull, but I don't think it's really necessary. Free Healing Touch will improve your survival.

Mastery and Bonus Armor are your best stats, but neither one does anything for Rage generation; they are passive and the lower Rage generation means you need to be economical with your Rage spenders. Practice tanking without Maul on your bear, I mean bar. That should be instructive for you, because you'll realize how much you hit the button because you want to use the shiny proc, even if it's not the right thing to do. Tooth and Claw is up so frequently that you can ignore it until you've exhausted SD and FR, and when you are on full health, maybe use Maul with a T&C proc for a (very small) bit of preventative absorb. Beyond that, keep Pulverize active, use Barkskin and Survival Instincts liberally, and know the encounters so you can react accordingly, and no one will be wishing they had brought a Paladin instead. Druids are in a good place and you're in for an excellent surprise once the Legion pre-patch hits.

Edited by Tarazet

Yeah, Dream of Cenarius can be good, i'll try to remove Nature's Vigil to see. 

I agree with you for "maul" and i was trying to reduce his use because i was spamming it a lot hehe. 

So there is no problem for you if i'm actually 2k+ mastery (and i'm trying to take armor bonus of course, i didn't mention it but it's my main priority). 

Thanks for your help :)

Mastery is awesome. On some fights the absorb that it puts on me is my biggest source of self-healing.

I have no problem with being rage-starved when the payoff is that noticeable.

I went into an LFR just for kicks earlier, and on Archimonde I sustained 17k healing. More than two of the healers.

The setup was Ysera's Gift, DoC, Mark of Blackrock on my weapon and Mastery enchants/food. I barely used Maul at all.

Edited by Tarazet