FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
upirlikhyi

Looking for input

Was on the ptr today and was talking with another Outlaw rogue and we were discussing the talents and which ones made the most sense. Looking for some more ideas on this issue.

http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#GX7S is the set up I had. He said he was running http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#GXvS looking for advice on which talents to take

Those are the current live talents, not the PTR ones.

I'll have a more in-depth look when I get back from work this evening

5 hours ago, Carrn said:

Those are the current live talents, not the PTR ones.

I'll have a more in-depth look when I get back from work this evening

dang it linked the wrong ones let me try again

wow it did it again, thats strange as I went off mmo-s front page.

Thank you

Edited by upirlikhyi

Both links are still showing the live talents, would you mind listing off the ones you're picking on PTR? Or is it those same boxes, even if the talents themselves are different

10 minutes ago, Carrn said:

Both links are still showing the live talents, would you mind listing off the ones you're picking on PTR? Or is it those same boxes, even if the talents themselves are different

level 15-I took quick draw on the ptr but am torn between that and swordmaster

30-acrobatic strikes

45-Vigor

60-Iron Stomach

75-Parley

90-Killing Spree

100-I am torn between S/D and Death from Above.

Thank you for helping with this.

Honestly, I did a bunch of playing around and I feel like most of the talents are very close in terms of performance.

I got the best single target performance out of

• Ghostly Strike
  • Alacrity (between CB and KS, CB is always better for single target)
  • Slice and Dice

It looks like multi-target fights (like Hellfire Assault) are going to favour Killing Spree instead of Alacrity because targets aren't living long enough for you to get auto attacks in.

Fights with 1 main target and a bunch of waves of adds (like Xhul) look like they will favour Marked for Death and Alacrity

As for the second tier, it looks like mostly a personal flavour thing. I'm using Anticipation because I like how it feels a little more - if you lack Haste, I'd recommend either going Swordmaster + Anticipation or Ghostly Strike + Vigor. I found that I capped on energy a lot even without Vigor, but I'm putting that down to the 4 set bonus proccing AR all the time.

For now, play around with it and see what feels best for you. Numbers are still being tuned; don't let the PTR numbers influence what you choose to play.

45 minutes ago, Carrn said:

Honestly, I did a bunch of playing around and I feel like most of the talents are very close in terms of performance.

I got the best single target performance out of

• Ghostly Strike
  • Alacrity (between CB and KS, CB is always better for single target)
  • Slice and Dice

It looks like multi-target fights (like Hellfire Assault) are going to favour Killing Spree instead of Alacrity because targets aren't living long enough for you to get auto attacks in.

Fights with 1 main target and a bunch of waves of adds (like Xhul) look like they will favour Marked for Death and Alacrity

As for the second tier, it looks like mostly a personal flavour thing. I'm using Anticipation because I like how it feels a little more - if you lack Haste, I'd recommend either going Swordmaster + Anticipation or Ghostly Strike + Vigor. I found that I capped on energy a lot even without Vigor, but I'm putting that down to the 4 set bonus proccing AR all the time.

For now, play around with it and see what feels best for you. Numbers are still being tuned; don't let the PTR numbers influence what you choose to play.

Thank you so very very much.