FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nateball89

Windwalker help.

I'm stuck. I'm a windwalker monk and my dps is downright horrible. In LFR, which, yes, I understand is completely different from real raids, my dps is usually at an average of above 100K throughout. When I raid with my guild(we raid ToT 25 man), I struggle to get my dps above 60K. Before I go any further, here's a link to my toon on the armory: http://us.battle.net...age/Nåte/simple

I'll try to explain my rotation and what I do while raiding, and I'll try to keep it short so you won't have to read through massive blocks of text.

I use Posted ImageInvoke Xuen, the White Tiger on cd, or save it for when burst damage is needed. I use Posted ImageJab to give me enough Chi to start with Posted ImageTiger Power, which I use on cd to keep 100% up time. Next I use Posted ImageRising Sun Kick, and use that on cd to maintain 100% up time of the debuff on the target. Next I use Posted ImageChi Wave, and use it on cd. Next I use Posted ImageFists of Fury, and use it on cd, provided Posted ImageTiger Power has at least 5 seconds left on it, and Posted ImageRising Sun Kick won't come off of cd while I'm channeling it. Lastly, I use Posted Image Blackout Kick to dump Chi when everything else is on cd.

I use Posted Image Energizing Brew on cd, and Posted Image Tigereye Brew when I have 10 stacks of it, and will be able to dps for the full 15 seconds of it, as to not waste any of it.

For aoe, I use two charges of Posted Image Storm, Earth, and Fire with Posted Image Spinning Crane Kick.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as right now, I'm frustrated. I'm way behind the two tanks in my guild in dps, and sometimes even a healer will out dps me. I'm ALWAYS last in the dps meters. Like I said, in LFR, I'll average over 100K, and almost always be in the top two in dps, and then go into a raid with my guild and sometimes barely break 50K. Something's not adding up for me. I use askmrrobot.com for my reforges and gems and enchants. It has me stacking a lot of haste in place of straight agility. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I know I'm over hit capped by 1.4%, and askmrrobot.com apparently still thinks keeping my blue hit gems in socket for the +agility bonus is worth it.

If you want to troll this thread and tell me how elite you are, by all means, feel free, I honestly won't care in the slightest, lol. If anyone sees something they can give some feedback on and say "Dude - you're way off course there." I'm all ears. I'm totally open to anything anyone might suggest.

Nate, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. I unfortunately can't help you with rotation and all that jazz, I am not a WW expert. I wanted to offer answer any questions you might have about optimizing, however. Regarding the hit-cap issue: since you're dual-wielding you still get value from Hit up to 15%. If you click the 'edit stat weights' button, you'll see Hit on 2 different lines. The first line has a high value up to 7.5%. The second one (way towards the bottom) has a lower value because it's not quite as good, but still worth something.

Sorry I don't have much other advice though :(

Since you are able to do more damage in LFR than in a normal raid, did you think about other reasons yet? Maybe you are distracted while playing, or your melee uptime is not that high because of raid encounters. I am a PvP WW monk, so I can not give you tips in that regard, but have you considered to capture a video with Fraps or something of a full raid and analyze it afterwards? The only thing that bugs me with your stats is how low your mastery actually is. If we look at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Sargeras/Gondlem/advanced for example, he has much less expertise and hit than you, yet more mastery and crit. Especially the mastery is important for your burst, so you might consider rebalancing that. But as said, I am no PvE guy. :)