DemonCratic

Low DPS Affliction Warlock need help/advices

3 posts in this topic

So, I'm a warlock ilvl 665 right now, and I'm worried about my DPS, I'm not sure if it's low or not for my ilvl but it seems low compared to the data I saw on Noxxic, so I'm an affliction warlock, I respect the exact same rotation that Noxxic and Icy-veins show, and I'm getting around 20k DPS on training dummies, buffed with Grimoire of sacrifice, stone from highmaul and an elixir of intellect. I don't think that's good dps for my ilvl.

My rotation is the following: I begin by using Soulburn : Soulswap so I apply my dots directly, then I cast Drain Soul as a filler, I refresh agony when it's = 7 seconds or a bit less, Corruption I refresh it when it's 5-6 seconds, Unstable corruption refresh at 4-5 seconds. I'm never gonna use a soulburn on a regular haunt unless a nightfall procs like directly after I apply my Soulburn : Haunt, I'll mainly save up my soul shards for Soulburn then haunt, so 2+ soul shards and it's mainly when I have the Soulburn: Haunt buff up that I pop Dark Soul: Misery (I'm not sure when to use it so I use it at that time)

So to go straight to the answers/advices I need

1. Is this good/normal/bad DPS for my ilvl as an Affliction Warlock (Buffs: HM stones, Draenic potion, Grimoire of Sacrifice)

2. Should I play Affliction at my ilvl or another spec such as Destro

3. Is there any problems with my talents? I don't think my gears really matters since I'm pretty low ilvl but am I missing something?

4. And maybe advices, etc... you know what I mean, thanks in advance

5. Is there something wrong with my rotation? If yes, could you tell me how to improve it please.

Bonus question: Is the legendary questline still worth doing, even if Legion comes out in 1 month and a half? 

Link to my armory : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/Demoncratic/advanced

(I'm counting on replacing the pvp gears I have right now, since I'm mainly focusing on gearing right now) 

(And, it's my first Icy-veins forum so idk how to put logs, sorry.)

I wish I'd seen this earlier, especially with the changes in 7.0 changing your spec. 

Grab your self a chipped Soul Prism - easy and it helps.

Talents look OK.

Contagion does more DPS then Absolute but is less consistent (and requires higher management)

Soul Harvest also does more DPS then Siphon Life (from a flat simcraft standpoint) - have to time it correctly with ring and CD's making it a pain in the ass.

Besides that - going to PM you some stuff.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Furtivvo
      *Affliction Lock - Orc, ilevel 885, 38 artifact traits*
      1600-1700 2's rating: with a Resto Shaman
      1800+ 3's rating: with a Resto Shaman/DH
      Pets: Fel Hunter (Permanent) then: Inferno stun / Fel hunter

My question is how do you play with your lock in 2's vs 3's strategy?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (1). Do you just outlast and wait for dampening? spread pressure, UA+Drain when you can, and try and outlast with:

Talents: Writhe / Absolute / Howl / Siphon / Demon / Service / Phantom ?

Honor Talents: Relentless / Mind Quickness / Tongues or Weakness / Nether / Deaths Embrace / Amplify ?
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (2). OR do you try to set up burst windows? with some what spread pressure    (its hard to get dots on both healer/dps) but CC chain the healer and burst with UA + Drain on the DPS for a kill window? with:

Talents: MG / Absolute / Howl / Siphone / Demon / Service / Phantom?

Honor Talents: Relentless / Mind Quickness / Tongues or Weakness / Nether / Deaths Embrace / Amplify ?
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      For 3's I do the (1) for the spread pressure since its hard for the healer to maintain, but for 2's I keep trying (1) and (2), I just cant seem to find the right way to climb in 2's
      Any advice on talents/honor talents or play style for Affliction in 2's or 3's? or anything you try with your healers? I'm open for suggestions and talent changes

thank you.
    • By Furtivvo
      *Affliction Lock - Orc, ilevel 885, 38 artifact traits*
      1600-1700 2's rating: with a Resto Shaman
      1800+ 3's rating: with a Resto Shaman/DH
      Pets: Fel Hunter (Permanent) then: Inferno stun / Fel hunter

My question is how do you play with your lock in 2's vs 3's strategy?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (1). Do you just outlast and wait for dampening? spread pressure, UA+Drain when you can, and try and outlast with:

Talents: Writhe / Absolute / Howl / Siphon / Demon / Service / Phantom ?

(2). OR do you try to set up burst windows? with some what spread pressure    (its hard to get dots on both healer/dps) but CC chain the healer and burst with UA + Drain on the DPS for a kill window? with:

Talents: MG / Absolute / Howl / Siphone / Demon / Service / Phantom?

For 3's I do the (1) for the spread pressure since its hard for the healer to maintain, but for 2's I keep trying (1) and (2), I just cant seem to find the right way to climb in 2's
      Any advice on talents/honor talents or play style for Affliction in 2's or 3's? or anything you try with your healers? I'm open for suggestions and talent changes

thank you.
    • By Devkarin
      Hey to all my warlock-collegues,
      i´m playing aff since vanilla now and it is still my prefered spec (maybe try once Demo to see how it flows) but im always trying to improve my performance.
      I´m not aiming a "orange performance" at Warcraftlogs but purple oder upper blue shold be targeted. SO i just ask here to get some tip where i can improve my performance, cause many eyes and brains work better than just a single one and just using SimCraft is not the best way i think-
      So feel free to get some informations what you think about could work (talents, rotation, gear/stats etc pp).
      Following my armory an some logs of our "Twink&Community-Starter Raid" where we are mostly using Twinks and carrying non-riders out of the Community to show them every raid that is available. Normaly i´m raiding NH HC 9/10.
      Armory Link - Laneana
      Warcraftogs - Twink&Carry nhc
      Thanks for any support.
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 1/10M NH, 10/10H NH 6/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
      If you are interested, please PM me (violentravi#1826) or recruiting officer Sepsis (tuxedomask#1712) in game.  However, if you have time (which goes a long way) for us to give you a real evaluation there is a short forum to fill out linked on our discord: https://discord.gg/JMVuYRW

Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By Reji
      Introdution:
      <Turkeyism> is a (7/7M EN) (2/3M ToV) (3/10M NH) weekend raiding guild on Stormrage US. Our guild was originally formed in early 2013 as a 10man Heroic raid team with the goal to have fun and get as far as possible. After having defeated Heroic Garrosh in Siege of Ogrimmar and ending the Mists of Pandaria expansion ranked 19th on Stormrage, our team decided to push forward into Warlords of Draenor. With the introduction of Mythic in 6.0, our team set out to expand our roster, overcome new challenges, and defeat the final boss on Mythic, all while maintaining a fun atmosphere to raid in. We finished Warlords of Draenor ranking 14th on Stormrage and managed to get 27 of our raiders the Felsteel Annihilator mount from Mythic Archimonde. We are now currently raiding Mythic Nighthold and looking for additional players (870 ilvl+) who seek a challenge and want to have fun.
      Raid Times:
      Friday: 7:30pm – 11:30pm EST
      Saturday: 7:30pm – 11:30pm EST
      <Turkeyism> is a weekend raiding guild that raids two nights a week from 7:30 – 11:30pm EST on Friday and Saturdays.
      In Demand Classes:
      Paladin (Holy/ret)
      Druid (Balance)
      Priests (Shadow)
      Hunters (Marksmen/Beastmaster)
      Warlocks (Affliction/Demonology)
      Monks (Mistweaver/Windwalker)
      (We prefer the classes listed above but all exceptional applicants will be considered.)
      Guild Expectations:
      So as a guild there are a few things we expect our raiders and recruits to do/know.
      First, we expect our raiders/recruits to know their class fairly well. They should also have a good grasp of the encounters by either having first-hand experience, or by watching tutorials and kill videos online. Knowledge is power as the saying goes.
      Second, we expect players who wish to be part of the core raid team to understand that attendance and showing up on time to raid is important to the success of the guild. We understand when real life issues come up, however it isn’t fair to the other 19 players who showed up if you continuously miss raid because of “reasons”. This is why we want to make sure that our raiders/recruits understand that by joining our raid team, you are making a commitment to the rest of the group to show up every week. Ultimately, we are all individuals working together towards a common goal and our success or failure as a group depends upon people committing to the team.
      Third, we expect our raiders/recruits to be able to take criticism from others. If we notice that you could improve in any manner, we won’t hesitate to point it out. We won't ever attack others for making mistakes, but we will politely let them know of their blunders and how they could improve.
      Fourth, raiders/recruits should be willing to sit out for certain encounters. We know it isn’t the most fun thing to have to sit out on a boss fight, especially if there is loot or if you’ve worked hard getting to that encounter. However, not all fights are created equal and sometimes we have to ask players to sit out in order to have the best group composition to complete the encounter. Your willingness to sit out won’t be forgotten and we try to make sure that everyone gets a chance to kill the boss and get loot.
      Fifth, all recruits are expected to present WarcraftLogs in their applications. This will give us an idea of how you handle mechanics and how well you performed. We understand that your time is valuable and so is ours. By looking at your WarcraftLogs we can get an idea if you can perform within the required range were looking for before bringing you in to raid with us.
      Finally, our guild is made up of players in their early 20’s/mid-30’s and our chat can sometimes get spicy and very adult oriented. We can sometimes talk about off the wall stuff, some of which can get very “Rated R” very fast.
      Contact List:
      Patakra: Braxxas#1433
      Ravenhill: XHunter#1289
      Tehproofter: Tehproofter#1990
      Callmetheo: t455m#1373
      Reji: Rejinald#11466
      Where to Apply:
      http://www.usturkeyism.enjin.com/recruitment
      Our Warcraftlogs:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/22857
      Our Wowprogress:
      http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/stormrage/Turkeyism
      (All guild policies can be found in the website under the section: Forums>Guild Discussion>Turkey Recruits.)
      Thanks for reading and we hope to hear from you soon!