FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Appocuplis

Arms or Fury?

Hello Ice Veins I've run into quite a problem that I decided to post about today.

I've come to the age old question, which is better for me: Arms or Fury? A lot of people will argue that it's all about preference and in general I agree however I actually have no preference. I can play either Fury or Arms very well and neither one is unnatural feeling for me. I am in general a very serious player so I try to maximize my usefulness, and dps, in a raid and that's why I educate myself on the gearing differences between the two.

So lets get down to specifics: I'm currently a 508 Arms warrior in a progression guild downing 3/12 each week and working on Tortos. (Low-pop realm; sorry) I went arms because I earned Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion when my guild killed Sha in Terrace of Endless Springs. (note: 496 version) Last week when we killed Jin'rokh The Breaker in Throne of Thunder, a Worldbreaker's Stormscythe dropped. And that set my debate a blaze.

So here's the question: Arms with Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion or Single-Minded fury with Worldbreaker's Stormscythe and Scimitar of Seven Stars (note: raid finder).

In essence: 496 or 522 and 483?

I appreciate all of your help, and I'm sure my progression team will as well!

Short answer: 522 and 483, definitely, especially if your average item level is 500+.

The more you get above 500, the larger the margin is between Fury and Arms DPS wise, with SMF pulling ahead. Basically, your best weapon should dictate your spec. On top of that, if you manage to kill Tortos, you'll have 2 chances per week at a 1-hander.

• Like 1

Short answer: 522 and 483, definitely, especially if your average item level is 500+.

The more you get above 500, the larger the margin is between Fury and Arms DPS wise, with SMF pulling ahead. Basically, your best weapon should dictate your spec. On top of that, if you manage to kill Tortos, you'll have 2 chances per week at a 1-hander.

Yeah, hoping to smack that big dumb turtle till he drops my axes pretty soon here. haha!

Thanks for the help

Don't know why I didn't see this topic earlier but I'm moving it to the warrior section as it is more appropriate.