FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Twiddles

Dual Wield DK Issues

Searched but couldn't resolve my question.

Been playing 2Hand (Leveled as Tank) playing more DPS and trying to get hang of duel wield.  Problem is target dummy ALWAYS indicates I do more damage 2 Hand than duel wield EVERY SINGLE TIME.  I have beat the crap out of that thing trying to figure out why I cant achieve the same DPS or better with duel wield. 

Took a look at rotation and have tried both draining runic power with frost strike as well as only using it when its above 80% or I have a KM proc.  I have tried with and without Necrotic Plague but noticed a significant drop in dps with it so went back to Defile.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.  Anyone who has played 2 Hand for awhile and switched have any suggestions.  I figure I must be doing something automatically without thinking that works with 2 Hand and doesn't work with duel wield.

Could my gear drive significant difference?  I am ilvl 700 about with a lot of pvp gear but I thought I chose right based on spec needs.  Str > Mast > Haste > Crit > Multi is how I am currently lined up.  Enchanted to Mastery.

I'm on Ysera toon is Sylorel.

Any help would be appreciated.

a little late to the boat on this one but pre pre patch dual wield was superior to 2h in every way. 2h was not viable at all. that was a choice made by blizz to get people used to frost being mainly dual wield only. now that the prepatch is here there is no longer a choice, frost is dual wield period. which is sad for me because i liked 2h but it was all due to the artifact weapon. they didn't want to make and balance 2 artifact weapons for once spec. let alone everyone else who had some options would complain if they did ie windwalker monks for instance