FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
no0k

WW monk LF mr robot weight advice

So I'm a 508 ww monk in my pve gear. For the past couple of months I've gone strictly according to the mr robot pve default build and ever since I got dual 502 weaps I've averaged roughly 70-90k in raids (depending on raid mechanics and whatnot; averaging about 80-82k on the raider trainers). Let me also add that I've got a lvl 502 rune of reorigination that puts all points into your highest stat for a period of time. I've played with other monks that I've seen with 130-160k+ dps in ToT lfrs single target with this same trinket! Cut to last night; I played with the weights a bit..tried a crit heavy build with haste close in secondary and mastery tertiary, but I lost about 10-15k dps vs the trainers.

I'd rather not keep spending money on gems as I've only been playing about 3 months and I haven't made that much gold yet, so I'm hoping someone reading this will have experience in heavy hitting using the Rune of Reorigination tactically.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not very practiced in monk DPS, but I do know that once you get that trinket, you need to emphasis more mastery.

If you haven't already, the guys at MMO champ taught me the very little I know aboput WW dps if you want to check out their guide.

Stat priority

5.2 gives us a lot more freedom in what stats to go for, as all stats can be good depending on the situation and your gear.

I'd first like to address the haste soft-cap. While this was at 4K in 5.1, the change to mastery means that Combo Breaker will proc a lot less often. This means that it will take more haste to be able to fill every GCD. Good values to go for now are between 6 and 8k, depending on what setbonuses you have, how comfortable you are with your rotation, your latency, etc. Personally I like to stay just below 7k.

After reaching the haste soft-cap, there's 3 recommended ways to gem and reforge:

1. No T15 4set bonus and no Rune of Re-Origination trinket: hit/exp caps > haste softcap > agility > crit > mastery > haste beyond softcap > hit beyond softcap

Red sockets: pure agility

Yellow sockets: agility + crit

Blue sockets: agility + hit

2. You got the T15 4set bonus and good gear, but no Rune of Re-Origination: hit/exp caps > haste softcap > agility > mastery >= crit > haste beyond softcap > hit beyond softcap

Red sockets: pure agility

Yellow sockets: agility + mastery

Blue sockets: agility + hit

3 Rune of Re-Origination: hit/exp caps > enough mastery to make it your highest secondary stat (without raidbuff) > haste softcap > crit > haste beyond the softcap > more mastery than is needed to make it your highest stat > agility > hit beyond the softcap

Red sockets: expertise/agility + haste/mastery/crit (expertise gems will give you more secondary stats to play with, but take care to not go over the expertise cap)

Yellow sockets: pure haste/mastery/crit

Blue sockets: hit + haste/mastery/crit

What gems to use will vary a lot, and it's not weird to use 5 different kinds of gems in different parts of your gear.

Ideally your stats will look something like this:

haste: 6.5k (softcap)

mastery: 6.6k (just above haste)

crit: 5.5k (rest into crit as long as it stays below mastery)

As you gain better gear, all 3 of your secondary stats should stay very close to each other, with mastery being slightly ahead of the other two.