FORUMS
Damien

Restoration Druid 7.3

1 hour ago, Guest Spush said:

Now that   Sephuz's Secret  procs off dispels is it still irrelevant? 

It is not bad at all and very relevant for raid fights with adds and/or dispels and definitely for M+.

3 hours ago, Pandacho said:

It is not bad at all and very relevant for raid fights with adds and/or dispels and definitely for M+.

Thanks Panda! Getting a similar vibe from the writer, so I'm sure we'll see an update confirming this soon!

Guest Cultic

Hello druid community!

Thank you Icy-Veins for your brilliant support of the community and your ongoing efforts to provide such a valuable resource!

Along that same vein (lol) I would like to humbly submit a few macros I regularly use in my healing that could potentially serve to provide an update to the macros I see in this guide:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,exists][@target,help,exists][@player] Rejuvenation

(This is a priority mouseover macro you can use with all your healing spells. It attempts to cast at your mouseover target, then your target, then you.)

#showtooltip [mod]Innervate;Wild Growth
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableErrorSpeech",0)
/cast [@player]Innervate
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear{}
/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableErrorSpeech",1)
/cast [@mouseover,help,exists][@target,help,exists][@player] Wild Growth

(This is a priority mouseover macro for Wild Growth that works the same way as the one above, but it also attempts to cast Innervate on yourself every time you cast Wild Growth. The macro automatically disables the error voice and the red-letter-messaging that appears in the center of the screen when you attempt to use an ability that is on cooldown.)

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,exists,combat][@target,help,exists,combat]Rebirth;[@mouseover,help,exists][@target,help,exists][@player,spec:1/2/3]Revive;Revitalize

(This is a priority mouseover macro for Rezzing. If you're in combat it will attempt to cast BREZ first on your mouseover target, then your target. if you aren't in combat and not in resto spec it will try to cast Revive with the same priority system. If you're not in combat and in resto spec it will just cast our mass rez spell.)

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=10 Displacer Beast,Dash

(Simple cast sequence macro with a 10 sec reset timer; the macro will automatically cycle back to Displacer Beast if you cast Dash or 10 seconds after the last time you attempted to use the macro, whichever comes first.)

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=10 Flourish,Essence of G'Hanir

(Same thing as above.)

#showtooltip
/cast [combat,form:2][indoors,form:2]Treant Form;[combat][indoors][form:3/6]Cat form;Travel Form

(Lazy form changing macro that attempts to put you in the fastest form available for the environment.)

Sorry if there's some corner of the forum for macro posting, I only came for the guide and happened to look at the macro section.~

Good luck! :)

6 hours ago, Guest Cultic said:

Sorry if there's some corner of the forum for macro posting, I only came for the guide and happened to look at the macro section.~

Good luck! :)

I'm sure these will come in handy for anyone that comes looking at the same section. Thanks for contributing!

Guest Dudu

Is there any pawn string or any value table for M+?

All pawn strings I found are with crit>mastery

On 1/20/2017 at 0:30 AM, Guest Dudu said:

There are no valuable Pawn strings for healers.

If you want to see the 'numbers', use RDSW or Twig It Spreadsheet to generate your own statweights. Otherwise just use a common sense: stats prio for M+ are Int>Haste>Mastery>Crit. There are no caps or breakpoints (at least not meanwhile) so you can just stick to "this should be a bit higher than that".

11 hours ago, Guest Dudu said:

Just also to add to what Panda has said above:

For M+, you are the only healer there. You don't have to make any adjustments based on what another healer might be doing, so simply test and play as you wish. Use the stat priority above that she has listed and basically find the level of Haste that works for you. As you go up in M+ levels it might change, you might find yourself needing more/less.  Mana means basically nothing there since you can drink while your tank pulls, so huge Haste levels won't ruin your mana pool.

Guest Mazra

We consider Cultivation Icon Cultivation to be the best talent choice in practically all situations, and this should be your default option. 

Can't help but notice that the argument for choosing Cultivation over the other two is somewhat vague.

Without doing the math (it seems extensive), it seems pretty simple to conclude that Soul of the Forest wins out if your healing targets rarely drop below 60% health. In such a scenario, Cultivation adds 0 value to Rejuvenation while Soul of the Forest still gives you an on-demand empowered Rejuvenation or Wild Growth.

No?

Guest Myrkva

I agree and i cant get it in my head that Cultivation seems to be the talent to pick right now. Maybe I am wrong but the other druid in my raid grp used to pick that talent and never really reached my healing done in the raid. After he decided to go for Soul of the Forerst plus Prosperity he improved his healing alot. So i wonder if Cultivation is really that usefull when there is so much other heal incoming from other raid healers so nobody is really dropping that hard, especially with raid cd's.

Hope anyone can explain the reason to go for Cultivation in a raid-grp :)

12 hours ago, Guest Mazra said:

Can't help but notice that the argument for choosing Cultivation over the other two is somewhat vague.

Without doing the math (it seems extensive), it seems pretty simple to conclude that Soul of the Forest wins out if your healing targets rarely drop below 60% health. In such a scenario, Cultivation adds 0 value to Rejuvenation while Soul of the Forest still gives you an on-demand empowered Rejuvenation or Wild Growth.

No?

Not exactly, I'd say :)

You would be right in scenario when SW and Wild Growth wouldn't have a CD, but their combo has a 30 sec. cooldown and 6 targets max restriction. You can reduce the CD a bit with Prosperity, but CW is such a strong choice in current progress raiding that you'll just reduce your overall throughput.

Don't forget that guides on IV are aimed to raiding and especially to progress raiding, where people drop lower than 60% a lot. In addition, Cultivation is a passive healing that doesn't require mana while SW+WG combo is extremely mana demanding.

One more thing, if you have Legendary wrists that extend HoTs duration on target, you will never go for SW+WG because SW now extend CW and other HoTs on tank.

TL;DR: CW and Cultivation is better choice in progress raiding and high M+ due to better healing of many low health targets and less mana demanding (and don't forget the Legendary^^). SoTF or Prosperity+SoTF is fine to use on farm and in low M+: they are not bad, just the other combo is better for high damage fights.

8 hours ago, Guest Myrkva said:

I agree and i cant get it in my head that Cultivation seems to be the talent to pick right now. Maybe I am wrong but the other druid in my raid grp used to pick that talent and never really reached my healing done in the raid. After he decided to go for Soul of the Forerst plus Prosperity he improved his healing alot. So i wonder if Cultivation is really that usefull when there is so much other heal incoming from other raid healers so nobody is really dropping that hard, especially with raid cd's.

Hope anyone can explain the reason to go for Cultivation in a raid-grp :)

If you wish to provide the logs, we'd be able to figure out where was the problem of the other druid. As a bunch of wild guesses, 1) you are overhealing the content and people are not dropping low 2) he doesn't cast enough Rejuws to trigger Cultivation on the right targets 3) he has a legendary that makes him cast Rejuws more on a full HP targets... and so on

Unfortunately without logs it's impossible to associate someone's low healing with specific spells or talent choices.

Guest Sliwu

Hi :)

Thank you for this guide who helped me out after stoping wow after Wotlk.

I'm totally taking those talents, only one thing that i changed is on the first talents i chose Abundance, because with the talent germination, you can have easely 10 rejuvenations up, so your healing touch cast time is instant, and everybody knows that we druids are craving for mana economy, so with this low cost spell you'll easely save mana and do powerfull healing ;)

2 hours ago, Guest Sliwu said:

I'm totally taking those talents, only one thing that i changed is on the first talents i chose Abundance, because with the talent germination, you can have easely 10 rejuvenations up, so your healing touch cast time is instant, and everybody knows that we druids are craving for mana economy, so with this low cost spell you'll easely save mana and do powerfull healing ;)

The issue is, given general GCD timers, even if you spam Rejuv to put it on 5 targets twice and casting no other spells at all, you'll still barely have any time to make use of those instant HTs unless you continue spamming Rejuv on people.

I personally don't think it is worth it at all, but if it works for you then fair enough :)

4 hours ago, Guest Sliwu said:

Hi :)

Thank you for this guide who helped me out after stoping wow after Wotlk.

I'm not sure that it's mana and time wise to spend 10 GCD and 100% of base mana specifically to take out one mediocre instant cast.

Average cast of Cenarion Ward heals for 800K HP for 9.8% of base mana and is already instant.

Average Healing Touch heals for 200K HP for 9% of base mana which is x4 less that CW and you have to spend 10x10% of base mana for Rejuws to achieve this instant Healing Touch.

I honestly can't see the advantage of playing around instant casts of a weak healing spell: 200K HP for 9% of base mana (Healing Touch) against 320K HP average Rejuw cast for 9.8% of base mana?

• Like 1

Guest fam

hi if i have eco, sephuz and tearstone of elune which two should i use?

Guest Dispell

Why is Remove corruption macro mentioned in restro druid? and why no mention of Natures Cure?? its a fundamental restro druid spell :P unless I have missed something.

I am a bit confused as to why two websites that I trust, Icy Veins and Mr Robot, give different stat priorites for Resto. IV gives Int/Haste/Crit for raid and Int/Haste/Mast for M+, with the corresponding suggestion to enchant for Haste, whearas Mr. Robot says Int/Mast/Crit for raid and  Mast/Int/Crit for M+, with the corresponding suggestion to enchant for Mastery and ranking haste quite lower in both situations.

Aren't stat priorities obtained through the same simulations? If so, then what within your method led you to recommend enchanting Haste? Could all these differences actually be merely marginal?

6 hours ago, evanbloom said:

I am a bit confused as to why two websites that I trust, Icy Veins and Mr Robot, give different stat priorites for Resto. IV gives Int/Haste/Crit for raid and Int/Haste/Mast for M+, with the corresponding suggestion to enchant for Haste, whearas Mr. Robot says Int/Mast/Crit for raid and  Mast/Int/Crit for M+, with the corresponding suggestion to enchant for Mastery and ranking haste quite lower in both situations.

Aren't stat priorities obtained through the same simulations? If so, then what within your method led you to recommend enchanting Haste? Could all these differences actually be merely marginal?

Simulations are useless for healers, as they do not accurately reflect in-game encounters at all.  If you want stat weights for Resto Druids, I encourage you to use Leaf's RSDW (Rest Druid Stat Weights) Weak Aura.  This will give you a live analysis of your healing during raid and M+ encounters/instances and give weights accordingly.  This is the most accurate way to get stat weights for healer specializations.

10 hours ago, Orthios said:

Simulations are useless for healers, as they do not accurately reflect in-game encounters at all.  If you want stat weights for Resto Druids, I encourage you to use Leaf's RSDW (Rest Druid Stat Weights) Weak Aura.  This will give you a live analysis of your healing during raid and M+ encounters/instances and give weights accordingly.  This is the most accurate way to get stat weights for healer specializations.

Thanks for the input. Then what exactly does IcyVeins base its stat recommendation priority on? I'm curious what the logical process was.

On 2/18/2017 at 3:41 PM, Guest fam said:

hi if i have eco, sephuz and tearstone of elune which two should i use?

Tearstone + Eko, unless you can proc Sephuz. Then you use Sephuz + Tearstone.

On 2/19/2017 at 6:44 AM, Guest Dispell said:

Why is Remove corruption macro mentioned in restro druid? and why no mention of Natures Cure?? its a fundamental restro druid spell :P unless I have missed something.

Most likely an error when transferring a macro across. Will get it fixed :)

1 hour ago, evanbloom said:

Anyone got an answer to my question above?

Essentially through testing - it's pretty much the only way to find stat priorities for healers outside of special WAs/Addons, like Orthios linked above. 

The best advice I can suggest is actually try healing without Haste as a Resto Druid. Given how many GCDs you have to blow through in order to efficiently place HoTs, you're going to find it extremely hard to keep up with higher damage. 

Let's just take an example of using a priority with Mastery:

• It relies on you having multiple HoTs up on the target.
  • In order to place those HoTs on the target, you need to be able to efficiently keep up all of you HoTs on the tanks. 
  • In order to maintain them on more than just the tanks, you need enough Haste not only to fit in enough GCDs, but also to actually cast things like Wild Growth, Regrowth, etc.

Mastery is great, but you are just actively damaging the amount it helps you by not using Haste. More Haste means more HoTs, which means more benefit from Mastery.

Testing how? If not simulations, then what do you test? In your bullet list example of Mastery prio, what data supports your logical argumentation framework? It looks sound from a theoretical standpoint and all those people using Haste (myself included) must be doing something right, but I've just got this itch that something is not completely rigorous from a statistical point of view.

On 02/03/2017 at 11:44 AM, Blainie said:

Most likely an error when transferring a macro across. Will get it fixed :)

your saying that no mention of druids dispelling and no mention of the spell natures cure an error when transferring a macro, its a fundamental part of being a druid healer. Dispelling  is not mentioned at all and the spell is not mentioned. Sorry if I sound harsh but that is not an error that is missing out an important part of restro druid. Also it took 2 weeks to have my post approved what about people reading the guide during this time? what about a new druid healer when no mention of dispel??  and wrong macro. Again sorry if sound harsh just icy veins guides are used by so many players for info and when the info not there and takes 2 weeks to even have posts approve, very poor imo, maybe get someone who plays a restro to do the guide and approve posts. Icy veins is better than this, sorry and I understand you are just one person and not paid but still, get someone who takes pride in these things and knows to do it or restro druids will go elsewhere.

Edited by Harry