Damien

Assassination Rogue 7.3

482 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Assassination Rogue guide for Legion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like this guide isn't optimal yet. Let's begin with the opener section: Even though it's obvious to me, most of people will miss out to pre-cast Tricks of the Trade Tricks of the Trade on the main tank before the boss is pulled. In general the use of Tricks of the Trade Tricks of the Trade isn't mentioned, for example using it mid-fight to get spawned adds off the healers by transfering threat. Moreover Exsanguinate Exsanguinate is mentioned a lot during this guide, but it seems like it has been forgotten on the opener section.  What about KingsbaneKingsbane + a whole section for Artifact weapons?

A better opener would be:

Always start the pull from Stealth Stealth

-2. Pre-Cast Tricks of the Trade Tricks of the Trade on main tank

-1. Use Draenic Agility Potion Draenic Agility Potion right before the pull timer ends

0. Cast Shadowstep Shadowstep or Sprint Sprint 

1. Apply Garrote Garrote (awards the first combo point)

2. Apply Hemorrhage Hemorrhage (to make sure next Rupture is buffed. Awards the second combo point)

3. Cast Mutilate Mutilate twice (6 Combo Point Cap reached - notice that you could overcap due to a Seal Fate Seal Fate proc which theoretically leads to a DPS loss)

4. Activate Vendetta Vendetta (along with Racials e.g. Berserking Berserking and trinkets) on the primary target

5. Cast Vanish Vanish and follow up with a Rupture Rupture (which now is buffed by  Vendetta VendettaHemorrhage HemorrhageNightstalker Nightstalker and Berserking Berserking)

6. Cast Exsanguinate Exsanguinate 

7. Cast Kingsbane Kingsbane

8. Begin Mutilate Mutilate spam until you have 5-6 Combo Points and use them on Envenom Envenom to increase our Kingsbane Kingsbane buff

9. Reapply a 5-6 Combo Point Rupture Rupture

10. Garrote Garrote should be off cooldown now, reapply it and begin with normal single target rotation.

 

Just my thoughts :) Thanks for the effort tho!

Edited by Dexter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We fixed the Exsanguinate issue 30 minutes ago or so :p It had been accidentally removed from the opener. I'll let Furty discuss the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going through a lot of theory right now. A thing thats for sure, is, that you are missing DPS by not applying an early Hemorrhage. Even if you overcap then, I don't think that it's even worth going for a 6CP Rupture without Hemorrhage's 25% dmg buff + the bleeding from Hemorrhage until you reach that point. When you are at a single target rotation this is sure a thing to do, but I feel like it's not worth in the opener. Not quite sure tho, correct me here!

Questionable is (in my opener) if you should Vendetta after you are done with your 2 Mutilate's or before. Thing is that I definitely want to buff my refreshed bleeds (after they are gone because of Exsanguinate) with the 30% dmg buff from Vendetta for their full duration. Guess it's about timing right there. I don't know if you have enough time to re-apply them before Vendetta runs out. But I guess that if you get the bonus where you get full energy back from Vendetta (Urge to kill - by the artifact weapon), that it's more worth spamming Mutilate before, otherwise you pretty much waste the bonus. Except for that case I do agree on your way of using Vendetta.

Kingsbane addition is worth noticing tho.

Edited by Dexter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't rupture have a longer duration if you re-cast it? Wouldn't it be better to vanish/rupture/exsanguinate on the second set of combo points? That way you get the burst for longer? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should probably also mention the change in Vendetta usage when you get the artefact trait that makes it generate 100 energy on use because you're really not going to want to pool before you use it then O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carmina said:

You should probably also mention the change in Vendetta usage when you get the artefact trait that makes it generate 100 energy on use because you're really not going to want to pool before you use it then O.o

This guide is currently intended to be used at level 100 with patch 7.0.3 - we haven't included artifact-specific information given that they cannot be obtained yet. To include rotation information about artifact traits would most likely just confuse people for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blainie said:

This guide is currently intended to be used at level 100 with patch 7.0.3 - we haven't included artifact-specific information given that they cannot be obtained yet. To include rotation information about artifact traits would most likely just confuse people for now.

That is a very good point sir! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dexter The Legion opener is quite a bit different due to the Artifact traits and lack of Maalus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Damien said:

This thread is for comments about our Assassination Rogue guide for Legion.

I've just noticed that some of the BiS trinkets have multistrike on them. That particular stat is being changed tomorrow morning - which might skewer your BiS list and give false information. Am I correct on this? If so, what's the BiS trinkets for tomorrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Progression said:

I've just noticed that some of the BiS trinkets have multistrike on them. That particular stat is being changed tomorrow morning - which might skewer your BiS list and give false information. Am I correct on this? If so, what's the BiS trinkets for tomorrow?

Hey, I haven't really updated the gear section at all and have no plans to do so before Legion actually launches. I think we're working on a disclaimer for each guide that warns the reader to basically ignore the gear sections :) Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Furty said:

Hey, I haven't really updated the gear section at all and have no plans to do so before Legion actually launches. I think we're working on a disclaimer for each guide that warns the reader to basically ignore the gear sections :) Cheers

Roger that - thanks for all your work none the less. What two trinkets would you predict we should aim for as an Assassination Rogue 7.0.3?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Progression said:

Roger that - thanks for all your work none the less. What two trinkets would you predict we should aim for as an Assassination Rogue 7.0.3?

 

Sims are saying Skull of War & Stone of the Elements right now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Progression said:

I've just noticed that some of the BiS trinkets have multistrike on them. That particular stat is being changed tomorrow morning - which might skewer your BiS list and give false information. Am I correct on this? If so, what's the BiS trinkets for tomorrow?

Your BiS trinkets are Stone of the Elements and Skull of War, closely followed by the 710 PvP Trinket. This is assuming fully upgraded versions of the initial two mentioned, and includes comparisons to all other available Mythic trinkets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to point out that the Pandemic behaviour is not based on the original cast, but rather on how much combo points you have at the moment, ie the current cast. So even if you previous rupture was 1 CP if you have 5 CP you can refresh at (4+(5*4))*0.3 seconds remaining, same with 6/4/3 CPs etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Guest Xaryen said:

Just wanted to point out that the Pandemic behaviour is not based on the original cast, but rather on how much combo points you have at the moment, ie the current cast. So even if you previous rupture was 1 CP if you have 5 CP you can refresh at (4+(5*4))*0.3 seconds remaining, same with 6/4/3 CPs etc.

http://pastebin.com/6DDK5uDW I believe that one should be working properly, from Aneuryzm's video (which I guess came from you Xaryen :p)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for those guides.

It's not clearly stated, should we only used 6CP finisher for rupture and evenom ?
If yes we can potentially lost 3CP when using Mutiliate with 5CP.
If no what is the acceptable value 5CP finisher, 4CP finihser?
Or maybe it depends of the intent if it has to be cast for Exsanguinate use?

On Exsanguinate usage you stated "ensure that your bleeds are always fully refreshed for Exsanguinate Icon Exsanguinate" What should we do? refresh rupture just before Exsanguinate CD end and potentialy loose some Rupture time? Or should we delay for the Pandemic optimal time to refresh it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Guest Tomate said:

Thanks for those guides.

It's not clearly stated, should we only used 6CP finisher for rupture and evenom ?
If yes we can potentially lost 3CP when using Mutiliate with 5CP.
If no what is the acceptable value 5CP finisher, 4CP finihser?
Or maybe it depends of the intent if it has to be cast for Exsanguinate use?

On Exsanguinate usage you stated "ensure that your bleeds are always fully refreshed for Exsanguinate Icon Exsanguinate" What should we do? refresh rupture just before Exsanguinate CD end and potentialy loose some Rupture time? Or should we delay for the Pandemic optimal time to refresh it ?

You should always use your finishers with 6CP even if some combo points are clipped by Mutilate. For every exsang you can set up in advance to ensure you won't lose uptime, but if it comes to it, overwrite your current Rupture for a fully refreshed one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys~
I love the forums and guides, pretty much everything you do. This is my first time really participating in anything though.
I have been a subtlety rogue for a very long time, though I sometimes switch up to combat (which is now gone). And I have spent several LARGE chunks of time away from the game.
I was wondering what the learning curve was going to be if I switched to Assassination. I am unsure how much raiding I am going to do, though I would like to do some of course. I am only level 95 as of today on my rogue, but I plan on being 100 soon so I can be ready for launch. If you think I should/could switch with little issue please let me know!

Thanks everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Randon said:

Hey guys~
I love the forums and guides, pretty much everything you do. This is my first time really participating in anything though.
I have been a subtlety rogue for a very long time, though I sometimes switch up to combat (which is now gone). And I have spent several LARGE chunks of time away from the game.
I was wondering what the learning curve was going to be if I switched to Assassination. I am unsure how much raiding I am going to do, though I would like to do some of course. I am only level 95 as of today on my rogue, but I plan on being 100 soon so I can be ready for launch. If you think I should/could switch with little issue please let me know!

Thanks everyone.

Ahoy! I know this isn't Outlaw but I've got my pirate mog ready for the patch today >:) Learning curve is pretty low for this spec, essentially you just have to track your bleeds to make sure they don't fall off and Exsanguinate when available. As long as you're not energy or wasting CP in between Exsang then you're fine. Of course there's higher level optimizations than that, but you will do just fine if you can manage the basics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Furty said:

Ahoy! I know this isn't Outlaw but I've got my pirate mog ready for the patch today >:) Learning curve is pretty low for this spec, essentially you just have to track your bleeds to make sure they don't fall off and Exsanguinate when available. As long as you're not energy or wasting CP in between Exsang then you're fine. Of course there's higher level optimizations than that, but you will do just fine if you can manage the basics.

Thanks Furty!
I am curious about the whole Outlaw thing, I have always felt Rogues should be dagger only spec, no ifs ands or buts. A pirate theme seems interesting to me, I would probably have a lot of fun with it, but I feel guns should be left to hunters. *Personal Opinion*

I am going to check it out as well, since it will be my second spec (or would it make sense to switch Outlaw with Assassination and leave subtlety as my second spec since I am proficient with it?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Randon said:

 

Thanks Furty!
I am curious about the whole Outlaw thing, I have always felt Rogues should be dagger only spec, no ifs ands or buts. A pirate theme seems interesting to me, I would probably have a lot of fun with it, but I feel guns should be left to hunters. *Personal Opinion*

I am going to check it out as well, since it will be my second spec (or would it make sense to switch Outlaw with Assassination and leave subtlety as my second spec since I am proficient with it?)

I personally will be going into this patch as Assassination and Outlaw. Subtlety is comparable damage to Assassination for single target in the prepatch if you're using a Bleeding Hollow Toxin Vessel. Personal preference, basically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a noob apparently. We no longer have to choose just 2 specs, we can freely bounce around, apparently I missed that in the notes. So I am going to try it out, thanks for the advice and great guide to get me going!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Furty said:

@Dexter The Legion opener is quite a bit different due to the Artifact traits and lack of Maalus. 

Well ok. Does it more or less come close to what I am planning to do as an opener? Or is it completely different? Also: Is it worth to cast an early Hemorrhage, so you 100% get the 25% dmg buff on Rupture? Or is it possible to Rupture first, Hemmorrhage then and still buff Rupture with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Well ok. Does it more or less come close to what I am planning to do as an opener? Or is it completely different? Also: Is it worth to cast an early Hemorrhage, so you 100% get the 25% dmg buff on Rupture? Or is it possible to Rupture first, Hemmorrhage then and still buff Rupture with it?

The Hemo buff isn't snapshot, it's dynamic, hence the two options depending on whether you're at 6CP or not (so there's no CP overflow)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Starym
      The patch is now live on EU, NA and AU servers, after some difficulties with offline realms and connectivity issues, so Blizzard have shared some known issues as well as some additional info on upcoming hotfixes for BoA legendary acquisition via Wakening Essences and the honor/prestige level changes.
      Known Issues (source)
      Hello all,
      Below is a list of known issues for patch 8.0.1. Please note that this list is not a complete depiction of what we're aware of, but a sampling of issues we believe players may encounter more often. We'll try to keep this updated with trending issues when possible.
      General
      Mounts: Gladiator's Proto-Drakes do not display information on how to obtain mounts in journal.
      Sometimes when summoning a player as they change zones, the summon prompt will not appear.
      Stat & Spell Squish Impacts
      There are multiple issues with legacy spells & monsters scaling incorrectly.
      Dungeon and Raid
      Legacy Loot: Many raid creatures no longer drop gold.
      Highmaul: Highmaul bosses are not dropping the appropriate amount of gold when the raid is set to mythic.Dungeon Journal - Baradin Hold: There exists an option to view Baradin Hold in 10/25 man Heroic even though the difficulty does not exist.
      A Lua error may occur if you try viewing the dungeon journal from the bonus roll prompt while outside of the instance.
      Communities/Guilds/Groups/UI
      Communities will reference "Starter Edition" accounts as "Veteran Trial".
      Guild: Inviting players who are currently in your group to a guild may produce an assertion.
      Opening the Character Pane after equipping a newly acquired item on a character may result in a crash.
      Looting the corpse after a boss encounter while in a group may produce an assertion.
      Communities: Blank spaces will appear in Guild rosters if players have not logged in for multiple years.
      Players may be unable to whisper cross realm when selecting whisper from Communities UI.
      Compatibility
      DX12: Intel PSO caching issue with Intel unreleased driver.
      DX12: Crash may occur when game uses more GPU Memory than hardware allows.
      Performance on some GPUs while using DX12 is lower than DX11.
      And here are some previous tweets we already covered, so you're up to date on everything in case you missed it, featuring Allied Race unlock requirements, Brawler's Guild currency conversion and Mythic mounts:
      You can also check out the patch notes here.
    • By Stan
      We found a cutscene with Vol'jin that presumably takes place after players defeat Blood God G'huun in Battle for Azeroth. This article contains spoilers.
      Now, remember this is an Old God expansion and we can't be exactly sure if it's really the good old Vol'jin or some sort of illusion that we're dealing with here.
      In the cutscene, Spirit of Vol'jin tells Princess Talanji to become the leader of her people and show them some sort of blade that was possibly used to kill G'huun. It's interesting to see that King Rastakhan does not appear here, suggesting he might be dead and it might be the right time for Princess Talanji to take over. The cutscene is a throwback to to the Black Panther movie. Credit to LeystTV for the video.
      Transcript
      Spirit of Vol'jin: Show dem, leader of Zandalar. Show da blade to those dat need to see it da most. Give dem peace. 
      Princess Talanji: Dis was not my achievement.
      Spirit of Vol'jin: Ya brought de champion to dese shores against ya father's will. Ya learned da secrets of G'huun when no one be listenin'.
      Spirit of Vol'jin: Ya set in motion what be needed ta save ya people. Now, more than ever, dey be callin' for a leader dey can love and trust.
      Spirit of Vol'jin: Show dem da blade. Become da symbol dey need.
      Princes Talanji: Behold de blood of G'huun. By his will were borne de deaths of Shadra, Hi'reek, Torga, and ...and Rezan.
      Princess Talanji: By his will were borne de deaths of so many of our brothers and sisters.
      Princess Talanji: Let dis glaive be displayed as a reminder dat no matter how far we fall, no matter how much we lose, we are Zandalari! We adapt, we find a way to survive!
      Princess Talanji: If it were not for dis hero of de Horde, our losses would have been far worse. DIs proves, more than ever, dat it is time for us to adapt, to become part of de world again.
      Princess Talanji: Zandalar forever!
    • By Stan
      The worldwide release of the pre-patch has not gone as smoothly as Blizzard would have liked and the Communities feature had to be completely disabled in Europe for now.
      Check out the list of known issues for problems that emerged after launch.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Hi everyone,

      So, as you’ve noticed, today’s patch release has not gone nearly as smoothly as we would have liked. We’re sorry for how this has affected the stability and playability of the game while these issues have been ongoing. This has obviously not been the launch that any of us wanted.

      That said, we want you to know that there are currently several teams of people working hard to get you back in Azeroth and enjoying the Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch as quickly as possible. We’ll share more details in this thread when we can.

      Thanks for your patience,

      The World of Warcraft Team Blizzard's working on a fix to enable the WoW Communities feature in EU. The in-game and guild chat channels remain are still available for use.
      Blizzard (Source)
      As we work to identify the cause of these issues, we will be temporarily disabling the World of Warcraft Communities feature. The in-game and guild chat channels will still be available for use. The Guild Calendar may also be missing events while we address these concerns.
    • By Starym
      Well, no one has to to buy base WoW anymore, ever! Everything you need to do to play up until the upcoming expansion, Battle for Azeroth, is an active subscription. No more battle chests and individual purchases, just pay that monthly fee and access the entire game as it is at the moment, with nothing missing until August 14th, when you'll have to buy BfA for the new content. Additional digital deluxe items from expansions are available at the Blizzard shop individually, but it's now easier than ever to jump into the game and just start playing through the six expansions and 110 levels!
      Recruit a Friend has also been updated:

       
      Source: r/wow.
    • By Stan
      According to recent reports, all players who opens their Grand Challenger's Bounty this week will receive 1,000 Wakening Essences that can be used to purchase one specific Legendary item in the BfA pre-patch.
      In Patch 8.0.1, players can purchase specific Legendary items from Arcanomancer Vridiel in Dalaran for 1,000 Wakening Essences each. You can now get Wakening Essences from World Quests and other Artifact Power sources. Legendaries will cease to work at level 116 in Battle for Azeroth. Some Legendary effects even stack with new talents. Check out our Patch 8.0.1 Survival Guide for more details!

      Here's an update from Blizzard:
      Blizzard (Source)
      Due to changes to the Mythic+ system in Battle for Azeroth, players will not receive their normal Mythic Cache loot and keystone this week. As this was unintended, we will be providing 1000 Wakening Essence as well as a Keystone in the Mythic Cache. If you have a problem looting the Mythic Cache, the keystone will be mailed to you and the wakening essences will be granted after logging in again.
      Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience!