FORUMS
Kevinlock

7.0 Warlock Guides?

Hello Everyone!

So I use the Icy Veins class guide quite a bit at the start of each new expansion. I see that the Affliction Warlock guide is still for WoD 6.2.4.

I am curious if new guides will be posted between now and tomorrows launch of Legion?

Thanks!

Just now, Kevinlock said:

Hello Everyone!

So I use the Icy Veins class guide quite a bit at the start of each new expansion. I see that the Affliction Warlock guide is still for WoD 6.2.4.

I am curious if new guides will be posted between now and tomorrows launch of Legion?

Thanks!

We're in the process of updating our guides right now! Some of the classes have already been done, the others are coming!

• Like 1

Blainie, you are wonderful! Thank you for the quick response and update! 

Are you concerned about the debuffs to quite a few of the classes that got announced today? Grim of Sac for Aff got gutted pretty hard. 

24 minutes ago, Kevinlock said:

Blainie, you are wonderful! Thank you for the quick response and update! 

Are you concerned about the debuffs to quite a few of the classes that got announced today? Grim of Sac for Aff got gutted pretty hard. 

Yes and no. I'm not concerned because I love the way all the classes play at 110, but I'm sure it won't be like that at 100. Tomorrow/Wednesday is going to be hell for some classes I'm sure.

37 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Yes and no. I'm not concerned because I love the way all the classes play at 110, but I'm sure it won't be like that at 100. Tomorrow/Wednesday is going to be hell for some classes I'm sure.

My goodness. I can't even imagine what the message boards are going to be like with people attempting to raid tomorrow and Wednesday with these specs that are meant for level 110 play and finding out that it's not as good as they want it to be at level 100. Oh no! 

22 minutes ago, Kevinlock said:

My goodness. I can't even imagine what the message boards are going to be like with people attempting to raid tomorrow and Wednesday with these specs that are meant for level 110 play and finding out that it's not as good as they want it to be at level 100. Oh no! 

I'm sure there will be lots of unhappy people, but aren't there always some? :p

Ah so the new guides are out and here are the results....

Don't play Demo if you are raiding.

Affliction can do well in Raiding but you have to be very good at Mutlidotting and being an Affliction Player. If you are a good Affliction Player you should do as well as Destro if not maybe better depending on the situations. 

Destro is the best to go for average-high end players. Even not great Destro Warlocks can pull decent numbers.

Hows that? Will there be any guides for the Warlock Weapons? What to put points into, etc? 

Yes, there will be.  There is still a lot of debate on "proper pathing" for artifact weapons.  I have two recommended paths that mirror Furty's recommendations.  My theorycrafting hit a little bump because of time constraints, but things will kick up soon.  For now, focus on doing the most damage you can during the pre-patch and I'm sure over the next 5 weeks, things will work itself out to show the math and path for proper artifact leveling.

I am an Affliction Warlock at heat. I HATE DESTRO more then anything. It's rough thou being a Mythic Raider as you are expected to know every class and be able to play them as needed.

Its too bad that Demon is currently a horrible spec according to your guides. 

The nice thing about Affliction though is that it looks like it can keep up with Destro, if not pass it, if played correctly with your weapon at lvl 110. 

With our debuff that we got today via Sacrifice Affliction is going to be a bit rough for the next 5 weeks sadly. 

Yep I have also only played Affliction , love your guide was so helpful for me when I logged in tonight and saw the changes I admit that I was lost as to the rotation , thanks so much for making it easier to work out .. Now I just need to get used to my new rotations .. :)  thanks again.  

Awesome...so the shitty mage spec is the spec to be once again... /sigh

I have literally had all i could with destro and hope they fix the other two to be more viable. I just hate hate hate destro.

Edited by vaeevictiss