Damien

Enhancement Shaman 7.3

377 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Enhancement Shaman guide for Legion.

Crash Lightning is used for single target because of the talent Crashing Storm. You mentioned the cone/cleave damage from Stormstrike and Lava Lash will affect your single target, but it wont since you need to hit a minimum of 2 targets for Stormstrike and Lava Lash to have any cone/cleave damage to begin with.

Not sure that the rotation section is correct. In the testing I did for days, and the testing that Wordup did, it appears that Stormstrike is a way higher priority that Crash Lightning on single target. It does so much more damage per press, plus the fact that it can reset due to mastery. Getting those out of the way should be higher than Crash Lightning. 

Secondly, both Wordup and I's testing showed that Crash Lightning wasn't a single target DPS increase. For cleave and AoE, then yes. But for single target, it doesn't seem to be. I even did some testing tonight with the latest build and didn't see the numbers match with what the icy-veins guide is saying regarding rotation. Same goes for the elemental guide. May need some looking at.

9 hours ago, Guest Dibbdab said:

Crash Lightning is used for single target because of the talent Crashing Storm. You mentioned the cone/cleave damage from Stormstrike and Lava Lash will affect your single target, but it wont since you need to hit a minimum of 2 targets for Stormstrike and Lava Lash to have any cone/cleave damage to begin with.

Even with the Crashing Storms talent, the damage output isn't even enough to warrent CL on a single target, ESPECIALLY above Stormstrike. This is back when they made the changes to crash lighting and lava lash. That was weeks ago. Not sure how that made it into this guide.

Edited by GriffKentner

3 hours ago, GriffKentner said:

Even with the Crashing Storms talent, the damage output isn't even enough to warrent CL on a single target, ESPECIALLY above Stormstrike. 

Hi, Crash Lightning is only above Stormstrike for 2+ targets. Using it in the single target rotation is only using the recommended talents, which is Crashing Storm.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747154889#1 - Hotfixes.

I belive it's so hard to maintain a guide where every spell is changed every week. There could be even some changes to talent pick and priority stuff.

Also, I read in this guide, this spec is very simple. Does it really that simple? Or concept is simple but execution with certain setup isn't. I'm curious.

Thanks for the guide Furty and Wordup.

11 minutes ago, Guest Uber said:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747154889#1 - Hotfixes.

I belive it's so hard to maintain a guide where every spell is changed every week. There could be even some changes to talent pick and priority stuff. Also, I read in this guide, this spec is very simple. Does it really that simple? Or concept is simple but execution with certain setup isn't. I'm curious. Thanks for the guide Furty and Wordup.

Heya, you're absolutely right, it's been very hectic lately! That said, the talent build is current with the hotfixes :) Enhancement is a very simple spec, but like most straightforward specializations, that only makes it more important that you don't make (m)any mistakes. Sometimes with these kinds of specs it can be easy to think that "there's nothing else I can do better" when you should always be on the lookout for opportunities to maximize the unique nature of some of your abilities as well as the rotation itself.

For rune section there is new rune in legion, I believe it were 100 agi. and the Empowered augment rune is capped to level 109.

7 minutes ago, Guest SonofaBear said:

This sentence reads funny: " Windsong has too does not scale as well as  " from 3. Tier 1 (level 15) talents. Has too = also?

Fixed, thanks!

2 hours ago, Guest Thefinger - ED said:

where can i find the pvp guide

There isn't any :P

20 hours ago, Furty said:

Heya, you're absolutely right, it's been very hectic lately! That said, the talent build is current with the hotfixes :) Enhancement is a very simple spec, but like most straightforward specializations, that only makes it more important that you don't make (m)any mistakes. Sometimes with these kinds of specs it can be easy to think that "there's nothing else I can do better" when you should always be on the lookout for opportunities to maximize the unique nature of some of your abilities as well as the rotation itself.

Thanks for answer, hope it gonna be entertaining to the end of expansion. It's the spec I played the most in my WoW history. 

Can you point what specs gonna be the hardest with highest skill-cap? Always looking to improve myself, could be helpful at some point later into expansion.

Cheers.

Made a nice macros for Tier 2 talents (Feral lunge and WInd RUsh totem). When u r playing solo or in small group - u dont need totem, because of 2 min cd, but u can easliy to use Feral lunge for packs and mobs, because it gives small, but initial damage. So macros is:

/use [talent:2/2]Feral lunge;[talent:2/3]Wind rush totem

[Talent:2(tier)/2(talent in tier)](Name of the talent);

Leave it without an image and bring it to the panel. So when u'r using Feral lunge talent - this macros will be used as Feral Lunge, but when u r in raid and chose Wind Rush Totem - using this macros will let u to put out the totem where ever u want.

You can do the same with any other tiers where you have 2 or more usable talents (such as tier 7, Ascendance or Earthen spike, when it will be useful,)

Thanks for the guide, made me reconsider some of my choices, I really like how you give reasons for each choice. :)

For the stat priorities: is it 17% total haste (what the character sheet lists), or 17% additional haste from gear (~28.7% on the paper doll)?

Edit: Disregard, I answered my own question. The extra 10% haste was from talents. Nothing to see here... keep moving along... This is not the internet post you are looking for.

Edited by Tynian47

4 hours ago, Tynian47 said:

For the stat priorities: is it 17% total haste (what the character sheet lists), or 17% additional haste from gear (~28.7% on the paper doll)?

On prepatch I guess you need much more than 17%. Right now I have about 22% of haste (32% with Ancestral Swiftness) an 52% of mastery. Having this numbers is not bad (made 200k burst on 3 targets with Maalus, Mirror of blademaster and Capacitor trinkets, without BL and Draenic pot, with all CD used, maintained 95k dps after all went down), but sometimes I have to stand for about 1 second without using anything because of different occasions, such as - I dont have enough Maelstrom even though I dont use Lava Lash almost anytime, or everything on CD. With Boulderfist I cant even reach Maelstrom cap without wolfs.. So with haste on 17% - you'd indeed have some problems with Maelstrom management, but having haste more than 30-35% will make u loose mastery, so stormbringer wont proc u 1 (or 2 with talent) additional Stormstrikes. But my guess that this guide is best for having an artifact weapon. Artifact can give you much better Maelstrom management, so DPS itself, because you'd have enough of it to even use Lava Lash while SS or CL on cooldown. In raid - had about 70k to 85k dps on mobs (top at 105k dps on large pack), around 65 to 75 on boss himself.

On PTR I had a hard time understanding how to play and what rotation to use and thought that I'd switch to the other class, but after playing a while on live with my main equiped character I can say that Enh shaman is actually cool class. I'm almost every time with top DPS (unless we have Fire Mage or Shadow Priest in group) in raid. Mechanics are great, you can use all skills on their own but they can perfectly be 'macrosed' with eachother, so you can bring 2-3 buttons to only 1.

Hey all!

I went ahead and took the time to make some weapon enhancement trackers for Weak Auras! Here's a link to my pastebin with instructions and three different trackers for Flametongue, Frostbrand and Boulderfist.

For Flametongue and Frostbrand, I created them such that when it's time to refresh the buffs, your actionbar button will light up and the actual buff tracker will start a countdown as well as bounce to get your attention!

Feel free to shoot any creative feedback my way since I am fairly new at making my own WeakAuras!

http://pastebin.com/u/Shuttlle

Current UI is courtesy of Bay @ Baelgun

WoWScrnShot_072116_043308.jpg

WoWScrnShot_072116_043517.jpg

Thank you for you post, Shuttle, but this thread is more for discussing of the guide rather than posting your own things for feedback. If you'd be so kind to register on the site and post your auras here or here, it would be awesome and you will get a lot of feedback and thanks :) 

• Like 1

Thanks for letting me know Pandacho!

I realized my mistake in pre-emptively posting before actually registering, I think I was just too excited to share! I posted in both of those Forum Topics and am registered! 

How much mastery do I have to obtain to continue gathering haste, or what difference between haste and mastery in % do I have to master?

thanks

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym

It seems some NPCs had gone missing and today's hotfixes found them! We also get some Herbalism love with Fel Lasher droprates and locations increased, some Feral Druid PvP tweaks and quest fixes!
      September 19 (source)
      Classes
      Paladin The Netherlight Crucible trait Infusion of Light will no longer proc from Greater Blessing of Wisdom healing. Non-Player Characters
      Fiona's Caravan should no longer be mysteriously missing on some servers. Grand Lector Enaara should now properly appear during the world quest "Recurring Madness" on Mac'Aree for all players. Player versus Player
      Druid Feral Enraged Maim (Honor Talent) will now be properly removed from targets when they take damage from abilities and spells. Professions
      Herbalism Fel Lasher drop rate increased. It can now also drop from Astral Glory on Argus.  
      Quests
      The Tomes of Torment are no longer difficult to see during the quest "Lessons of Fire and Pain". Abandoning "Talgath's Forces" or "Flanking Maneuvers" after completing one quest should no longer prevent you from re-acquiring the other. Previous Patch 7.3 Hotfixes
      September 16 September 13 September 12 September 8 September 6
    • By Stan

Our preview of Tier 21 Sets from Antorus continues with Demon Hunters and the latest set bonuses.
      Felreaper Vestments
      Tier 21 sets drop in Antorus the Burning Throne. The raid will open later this year.
      Felreaper Hood (Aggramar) Felreaper Spaulders (The Coven of Shivarra) Felreaper Drape (Antoran High Command) Felreaper Vest (Eonar the Life-Binder) Felreaper Gloves (Kin'garoth) Felreaper Leggings (Imonar the Soulhunter) Tier 21 Demon Hunter Set Bonuses
      Item - Demon Hunter T21 Havoc 2P Bonus - Eye Beam Damage - Eye Beam damage increased by 30%. Item - Demon Hunter T21 Havoc 4P Bonus - Haste After Eye Beam - When Eye Beam finishes fully channeling, your Haste is increased by 15% for 8 sec. Item - Demon Hunter T21 Vengeance 2P Bonus - Demon Spike Parry Chance - While Demon Spikes is active, your parry chance is increased by an additional 5%. Item - Demon Hunter T21 Vengeance 4P Bonus - Parry Reduces Meta CD - When you parry an attack, the cooldown of Metamorphosis is reduced by 5.0 sec. This can only occur once every 1.0 sec. Normal Tint

Mythic Tint

See also
      Tier 21 Death Knight Tier 21 Druid Tier 21 Mage Tier 21 Monk Tier 21 Paladin Tier 21 Priest Tier 21 Rogue Tier 21 Warlock
    • By Stan

A source of the latest information related to Patch 7.3 and beyond!
      Our Patch 7.3 hub organizes all 7.3 data and latest news coverage in a single place.
      Welcome to our centralized hub dedicated to the biggest patch ever introduced to World of Warcraft. For easier navigation, we'll keep it updated throughout testing by adding links to our latest coverage, so that you won't miss out on any important information.
      Update: 09/13
      This week, the last part of the Argus story becomes available. Here you can find out more about final Netherlight Crucible & Class Tuning. All of our class guides have been updated for Netherlight Crucible with trait recommendations.
      Patch 7.3
      Patch 7.3 titled "Shadows of Argus" is now live. For more information we suggest reading our Shadows of Argus Survival Guide.
      Official Patch Notes Invasion Points Guide // Greater Invasion Points Guide Undocumented Changes in Patch 7.3 List of Known Issues Mythic Keystone Runs & Difficulty Changes Returning Player Guide Reputation Guides (Argussian Reach & Army of the Light) Relinquished & Unsullied Token Clarifications Blizzplanet's Gamescom Interview with Ion Hazzikostas Ion Hazzikostas Patch 7.3 Interview  Content Rollout Schedule Dungeons (M+) Changes Patch 7.3 Hotfixes
      The following hotfixes have been applied to live servers so far:
      Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 19 *new* Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 16 Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 13 Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 12 Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 8 Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 6 Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 5 Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - September 1 Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - August 30 Patch 7.3 Hotfixes - August 29 Build Highlights // Class Changes
      In this section, you will find the most recent changes sorted by build.
      Patch 7.3 Build 24853 Patch 7.3 Build 24727  Patch 7.3 Build 24651 Patch 7.3 Build 24608 // Feral Druid // Frost DK & Mage Changes Patch 7.3: Upcoming Frost Death Knight Changes Patch 7.3 Build 24539 // Patch 7.3 Feral Druid Changes Patch 7.3.0 Build 24500 Patch 7.3.0 Build 24473 Dev Notes
      Blizzard usually posts on the official forums once a new PTR build is deployed to test realms, giving an overview of new features that become available for testing.
      Build 24829 Build 24608 Build 24539 Build 24500 Build 24473 Artifact Power & Advancement
      In Patch 7.3, you will be able to unlock the Netherlight Crucible, a new way of Artifact customization via relics.
      Artifact Knowledge Changes The Netherlight Crucible Guide Antorus the Burning Throne
      The new raid is currently tested on PTR and will be available in Patch 7.3.5.
      Antorus, the Burning Throne Raid Preview (Build 24473) Antorus Raid Rewards Antorus Raid Zone Preview Part 1 Antorus Raid Zone Preview Part 2 Antorus Raid Zone Preview Part 3 Antorus & The Pantheon Legion Ending & Next Expansion Leaks New Creature Models (Antorus Bosses, Titans, Lore Characters) (Build 24473) Tier 21 Sets
      In Antorus, you will find Tier 21 Sets dropping from the bosses.
      Tier 21 Sets Preview (Normal Tints) // Mythic Tints Tier 21 Death Knight (Build 24608) Tier 21 Demon Hunter (Build 25021) *new* Tier 21 Druid (Build 24500) Tier 21 Mage (Build 24651) Tier 21 Monk (Build 24539) Tier 21 Paladin (Build 24539) Tier 21 Priest (Build 24500) Tier 21 Rogue (Build 24539) Tier 21 Warlock (24651) Argus & Gameplay Videos
      Argus is a new planet that has three zones. Krokuun, Mac'Aree and Antoran Wastes. In the following articles, you will find detailed information about all the different zones.
      How to Get to Argus (Intro) Vindicaar Matrix Core Powers & Assessment Argus Gameplay Part 1 (up to Krokuun) (Build 24473) Argus Gameplay Part 2 (End of Chapter 1) (Build 24500) Argus Gameplay Part 3 (Mac'Aree) (Build 24539) New Factions
      Two new factions have been added to the game in Patch 7.3.
      Argussian Reach (Faction) Preview Army of Light Faction Preview Weapons of the Lightforged (Build 24473) Gearing & Alts
      All useful information in terms of gearing and alts.
      Reputation Catch-up & New Heirloom Amulet Unsullied & Confiscated Gear Veiled Argunite & New Gear Tokens Invasion Points
      A new type of repeatable content, aka scenarios with different stages with the goal to defeat a boss at the end.
      Invasion Points // "Lesser & Greater Rifts" Coming to WoW Invasion Point: Blood (Build 24539) Invasion Point: Ice (Build 24539) Seat of the Triumvirate
      A new five-player dungeon located in Mac'Aree (Argus)
      Seat of the Triumvirate (Dungeon) (Build 24608) New Transmog Items (Build 24500) Missions
      New Champion Equipment & Missions Mounts
      New Mounts (Build 24473) Lightforged Golem Mount Shackled Ur'zul (Mythic Argus Mount) Pets
      How to Tame Panthara Pets *new* New Tameable Hunter Pets (Build 24781) New Pets (Build 24473) New Pets (Build 24853) Professions
      New Profession Updates (Build 24473) // The Future of Obliterum World Bosses
      New World Bosses (Build 24473) New Caster Animations
      In Patch 7.3, several caster Classes received updates to their animations.
      Official Preview Druid, Mage, Shaman Animations (Build 24473) Priest Animations (Build 24473) Restoration Shaman Animations (Build 24500)
    • By Stan

Pirates' Day is up and Jolly Roger is a new toy that you can get this year. Hurry up, the event is up only for one day.
      Jolly Roger is a new toy that can be purchased from Edward Techt this year. In order to purchase the toy, you must have earned the Avast Ye, Admiral! feat of strength, but worry not, you've still got enough time to get the achievement!

How to Get the Toy
      Open the reputation window (U by default) and search for Steamwheedle Cartel. Select the "At War" option and start killing guards. Each guard kill increases reputation with Bloodsail Buccaneers by 25. Low level mobs give 5 reputation. If you're ganked in Booty Bay, try choosing a different location, e.g. Everlook, Gadgetzan or Ratched. Upon reaching Friendly, find Fleet Master Firallon (47, 95) and accept the Avast Ye, Admiral! quest.

Head back to Booty Bay and slay both NPCs, return to Fleet Master Firallon. Now, you should have the Avast Ye, Admiral! achievement and Bloodsail Admiral's Hat. Find Edward Techt (36.6, 84.3) and purchase Jolly Roger for 10 gold. Pirates' Day is up only for one day, so hurry up! More details about the event can be found in our Pirates' Day guide.
      Blizzard (Source)
      A PIRATE’S LIFE FOR YOU
      Captain DeMeza has made landfall in the goblin town of Booty Bay to recruit landlubbers into her buccaneer ranks. Visit her or her henchmen in the capital cities if the pirate’s life is for you!
      Feeling out of place in Booty Bay without a proper costume? Don’t worry. /Dance one little jig with the Dread Captain DeMeza and she’ll be impressed enough to press you into her crew and outfit you properly. If you get attached to your new look, you can do the quest You're Gonna Need A Bigger Boat! Succeed, and you’ll get an Emergency Pirate Outfit (or five) for when Pirate’s Day is but a distant memory and your inner pirate is clawing to get out.
      What good is a pirate without an avian companion on their shoulder? Captain DeMeza (for the exchange of a few shiny coins) can help you call forth a temporary companion named Petey to take with you wherever you sail.
      From time to time, the captain will shout for a brave party to take on a terror of the deep—an elite shark known as Ol' Eary. Make sure you have a hearty crew with you or you could become just so much chum in the waters of the bay.
      JOIN THE BEACH PARTY
      Once you and your crew have helped the captain handle Ol’Eary, you can celebrate with the crew at a little beach party* just south of Booty Bay. The exalted among the Bloodsail Buccaneers can also purchase a special new toy from Edward Techt—the Jolly Roger—to show off their dedication to the cause.
      If you’re really feeling generous, you can also purchase a Big Bag of Booty from Captain DeMeza and spread the wealth around to all your pirate pals in a burst of glittery glory.
      Note: Pirate beach parties do not involve beach blanket bingo, polka dot bikinis, wild bikinis, hipsters, preppies, motorcycle gangs, people named “Annette” or “Frankie,” or impromptu dance-offs between surfers and motorheads. It’s just for pirates. You have been warned.
    • By Stan

This week's bonus event is Mists of Pandaria Timewalking. All players now have access to Artifact Knowledge level 44. Pirates' Day is up for one day, followed by Brewfest.
      Artifact Knowledge Increase
      All players now have access to Artifact Knowledge level 44 that increases Artifact Power gains by 35,150,000% (up from 27,040,000% @AK level 43).
      Mythic Keystone Affixes
      Teeming Explosive Fortified Argus World Boss
      Sothanator is up in Mac'Aree (44, 50). Don't forget to bring a Seal of Broken Fate for bonus roll. All Argus bosses drop 930 loot. You can find a full list of bosses and loot tables in our Greater Invasion Points guide. Argus Weekly Quests
      Fuel of a Doomed World: Collect 50 Pristine Argunite from Invasion Points, Rare encounters, or treasure chests on Argus to receive 300 Veiled Argunite Invasion Onslaught: Complete 3 Invasion Points to get 200 Veiled Argunite. Mists of Pandaria Timewalking (September 19 - 26)
      Queue up for Mists of Pandaria dungeons to complete the weekly quest "A Shrouded Path Through Time". Rewards: Accolade of Victory (140 million AP @ AK level 44) Cache of Fel Treasures 1 Seal of Broken Fate Note that Timewalking items now have an item level of 880, so they're great for gearing up your alts. You can buy Yu'lei, Daughter of Jade from Mistweaver Mistweaver Xia for 5,000 Timewarped Badge. All Timewalking dungeons have a small chance to drop Reins of the Infinite Timereaver (personal loot). Pirates' Day (September 19 - 20)
      Captain Demeza sails to the goblin town of Booty Bay and recruits land-lovers into her buccaneer ranks. Visit her or her henchmen in the capital cities if the pirate's life is for you! Jolly Roger is a new toy available this year. More information about how to get it can be found here. Brewfest (September 20 - October 6)
      First celebrated by the dwarves, Brewfest now holds appeal among all the races of Azeroth! Visit the Alliance camp outside Ironforge or the Horde camp outside Orgrimmar, and join the party! For more detail visit our Brewfest guide. Deepwing Dunk PvP Brawl (September 19 - 26)
      Can you even dunk? If you want to win this brawl, you’re going to need to work on your skills because Dunkball has come to Pandaria. You’ll race to claim balls from the map’s center, or northern, or southern mines, take them to your enemy’s base, and then go for a magnificent long range shot or go all in for the dunk. Don't forget to complete the weekly quest "Something Different" to get Brawler's Footlocker, 3 Marks of Honor and Soldier's Legacy (562 million AP @AK level 44). World Boss Shar'thos
      Shar'thos is up this week. Search for the epic World Quest named "The Sleeping Corruption" in Val'sharah.
      World Boss Loot Tables
      Shar'thos drops Skull of Shar'thos for Warriors, needed to unlock the Fury Artifact appearance The Dragonslayers.
      Chestplate of Blackened Emeralds Choker of Dreamthorns Decaying Dragonfang Despoiled Dreamthread Cloak Hauberk of the Snarled Vale Raiments of Waking Nightmares Robe of Fever Dreams