FORUMS
Damien

Affliction Warlock 7.3

Hi guys,

thank you very much for updating to 7.3. I have a few questions:

1) I got the owl trinket from ToS. If I am not mistaken, the owl doesn`t switch to a new target when my target dies. Is this true?

2) @use-effect of the owl-trinket: Does it scale with haste or another secondary stat?

Regards Checkmate

Edited by checkmate

16 hours ago, checkmate said:

1) I got the owl trinket from ToS. If I am not mistaken, the owl doesn`t switch to a new target when my target dies. Is this true?

It does not swap target, no.

16 hours ago, checkmate said:

2) @use-effect of the owl-trinket: Does it scale with haste or another secondary stat?

Yes, it does scale from Haste.

Guest leopardb

Hi, is it an inconsistency ?

in Affliction Warlock DPS Easy Mode:

3. Stat Choice

Currently, you will want to prioritize secondary stats as follows:

Mastery;
Critical Strike >= Haste;
Intellect;
Versatility.

in Affliction Warlock DPS Stat Priority (Legion 7.3):

1. Basics

The stat priority for an Affliction Warlock is:

Mastery;
Haste;
Critical Strike;
Versatility;
Intellect.

So, if given the choice, should i rather go versatility or intellect ?

Thank you !

11 hours ago, Guest leopardb said:

Hi, is it an inconsistency ?

in Affliction Warlock DPS Easy Mode:

in Affliction Warlock DPS Stat Priority (Legion 7.3):

So, if given the choice, should i rather go versatility or intellect ?

Thank you !

If you prefer to play the Easy Mode style, you should follow that one. If you prefer to use the full, in-depth guide, you should use the Stat Priority section. They are meant to be independent of each other, since the EM section is a mini-guide that simplifies the class as much as possible. If you want to maximise DPS, you would follow the normal guide section.

Hi, I have a question about the synergy of contagion and Phanton Singularity. Is it important to first cast UA and only then PS afterwards?

As far as i understand the dps mechanics, it shoulkd make no difference.

I always thought that when UA is up, PS makes more damage. After my UA expired, it makes less damage.  As I cannot gurantee an 100% uptime of UA during the PS, the cast sequence makes no difference right?

But a few days ago I saw a video of a warlock, who insisted on casting UA first and only then PS.

Which approach is correct?

On 11/3/2017 at 9:02 AM, checkmate said:

Which approach is correct?

Going to ask Furty, will let you know.

Is there a mastery cap in 7.3? I am sitting at 155.09. I have a higher ilvl item that is better in every stat except mastery. I equip it mastery goes to 148.12 my spell power goes from 59352 to 59442 is the loss of mastery worth it?

21 hours ago, sanesyco said:

Is there a mastery cap in 7.3? I am sitting at 155.09. I have a higher ilvl item that is better in every stat except mastery. I equip it mastery goes to 148.12 my spell power goes from 59352 to 59442 is the loss of mastery worth it?

This will give you the most accurate answer: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/gear

• Like 1

Guest Taco

Hey guys, love the guide! i reference it darn near every day.

I just obtained the insignia of the grand army (kill argus quest). it looks like a nice legendary ring; i am currently rocking reap and sow (till i get the tier cloak to replace it and use soul of netherlord) and power cord of lethtendris. i didn't see this new legendary ring anywhere in the guide after the 7.3 update. how does it fit into the legendary list?

On 12/6/2017 at 6:43 PM, Guest Taco said:

Hey guys, love the guide! i reference it darn near every day.

I just obtained the insignia of the grand army (kill argus quest). it looks like a nice legendary ring; i am currently rocking reap and sow (till i get the tier cloak to replace it and use soul of netherlord) and power cord of lethtendris. i didn't see this new legendary ring anywhere in the guide after the 7.3 update. how does it fit into the legendary list?

Realistically, the new ring, with ideal traits in the NLC on all relics, will give you around a 3% increase from the effect, with the addition of the stats being simmed as a normal stat stick ring. If you have perfect (or close to) traits, it will be better than the Netherlord ring. 

macro if anyone needs it, puts create healthstone and healthstone use on one button, shift press to make one

#showtooltip healthstone
/use healthstone
/cast [modifier:shift] create healthstone

On 12/25/2017 at 10:03 AM, Smegkopf said:

macro if anyone needs it, puts create healthstone and healthstone use on one button, shift press to make one

Thanks for sharing!

Guest jupando

"no trait is worth more than two weapon levels " okay, do you mean If I have a ilvl 760 perdition, but a ilvlv856 inherently unstable, perdition still wins?

On 1/6/2018 at 6:52 PM, Guest jupando said:

"no trait is worth more than two weapon levels " okay, do you mean If I have a ilvl 760 perdition, but a ilvlv856 inherently unstable, perdition still wins?

No trait is worth more than 2 weapon item levels - no trait, when comparing two relics, is worth more than 2 item levels. Meaning that if you have a Perdition relic at 760, any relic (regardless of trait) that grants more than 2 item levels to your weapon above the Perdition relic is better. So any trait on a relic at 780 or above.

Guest Kokotheworm

Hello, 

Quick question about the BIS , specificaly the hood of eternal disdain , how is it the first bis when the proc is less then attractif. 10%  of the damage of agony quicker is not really that usefull , once you have agony at 10 or 15 stack you keep it up and the legendary then don't have any use. 

On 29/01/2018 at 9:22 PM, Guest Kokotheworm said:

Hello, 

Quick question about the BIS , specificaly the hood of eternal disdain , how is it the first bis when the proc is less then attractif. 10%  of the damage of agony quicker is not really that usefull , once you have agony at 10 or 15 stack you keep it up and the legendary then don't have any use. 

It's definitely BiS - other than on Eonar, this legendary does a massive amount of damage. If you check the WLogs top logs, https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/17#difficulty=4&class=Warlock&spec=Affliction, the hood is top on every single fight, for pretty much every parse, except Eonar.

Uncommon Patron

I couldn't see how to delete my post so just removed the text.

Edited by JJ77

On 19.3.2018 at 6:11 PM, JJ77 said:

I couldn't see how to delete my post so just removed the text.

If you do still need help, let me know. If you send me a PM, I'll delete the post.

Guest Kushlove

On Writhe in Agony it shows 20 stacks instead of 15

On 26.3.2018 at 7:03 PM, Guest Kushlove said:

On Writhe in Agony it shows 20 stacks instead of 15

Will ask for an update, thanks!

Guest wyrm

No matter what talents you choose, it is best to focus all your Unstable Affliction Icon Unstable Affliction casts into a single target rather than trying to multi dot using this spell.

2.3.1. 2-3 Targets

If you are playing with Contagion Icon Contagion you should try to maintain Unstable Affliction Icon Unstable Affliction on all 2-3 targets as much as possible for the damage buff. 

this is very very unclear :)

On 11/04/2018 at 11:22 AM, Guest wyrm said:

No matter what talents you choose, it is best to focus all your Unstable Affliction Icon Unstable Affliction casts into a single target rather than trying to multi dot using this spell.

2.3.1. 2-3 Targets

If you are playing with Contagion Icon Contagion you should try to maintain Unstable Affliction Icon Unstable Affliction on all 2-3 targets as much as possible for the damage buff. 

this is very very unclear :)

Will ask for an update, thanks!

This guide will be updated for the release of the pre-patch of Battle for Azeroth in the next few days. We are aiming to have every guide deployed prior to the patch going live.

Please note that a new feedback thread will be created for the new guide, meaning that this one will be archived. Any feedback you have for the new guide should be placed in the new comment thread.

Thank you all for your patience and we are working to get the new guides up as soon as possible.