FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Spaghettii

What do I use for PvP now? I like strong, single-target burst builds.

Before Legion, I was using the Sin One Trick Pony build, but with the changes, that is no longer viable(bummer). I prefer the Sin class but am willing to learn whatever is effective in PvP.

Either Sin or Sub works. Both have very strong burst, although Sin requires a little more setup than it did before.

Make sure you're running Exanguinate, put up your bleeds, pop Vend then Exsang

Thank you. I've been toying with Sub and Sin. I like the higher mobility of sub now that rogues lost the spammable print (boooooo) but I like the damage and burst of sin with the bleeds, seems like you can open strong and disappear before they think the fight is over and the bleeds will tick them down.

What is the main combo to open up with sin? And what is my opener out of stealth?

Please note that I'm very much against the idea that there is one specific opener for PvP, since you'll be using different styles against different classes etc. However, if you do want to go for a pure glass cannon build:

Talent Setup: 3-1-1-2-1-3-1

Opener:

1. Garrote
  2. Vendetta
  3. Mut x2
  4. Vanish (if you do not have a full 6 combo points, Hemo first instead of on Step 6)
  5. Rupture
  6. Hemo
  7. Exsang

This gives you really really disgusting burst through Nightstalker, but you fold pretty quickly afterwards.

You can also take MfD in tier 7 over VR for a free Envenom at the end, but you will lose even more sustained damage since you won't be able to keep Rupture on very easily afterwards.

Thats great thank you. I like the glass cannon playstyle, usually picking out the lone targets and runners. The previous one trick pony was great for that with death from above.

Yeah all of Sin's damage (and I really mean all of it) comes from Rupture at the moment. It's crazy strong but therefore you NEED to have 100% uptime on it

• Like 1

can confirm this, newly dinged ass rogue and this shit is killing ppl left and right. i tried this out in a cast sequence macro with great sucess :P

Edited by Sacred

Having a lot of fun in PvP as Outlaw Rogue. I've no idea if this is optimal or anything, and I haven't tried other specs at all. But Outlaw rogue does feel very powerful. 

We have a lot of CC, both Gouge and Between the Eyes have short cooldown, and I use Dirty Tricks to make all my CC free. 

I'm mainly playing in skirmishes, most often they happen as 2v2 DPS. 

My usual game plan is to sap one enemy, open with Cheap Shot (free) on another enemy, get a few saber strikes in, get Roll the Bones rolling, and then DPS on one target while rotating CC on another target. Sap -> Blind -> Gouge / Between the Eyes

That really lasts a long time, usually enough to kill the other guy enemy. 

Killing Spree into Death from Above (because Killing Spree resets your position) is also a strong burst, and easily can take 30-40% of someone's health in a few seconds, though it's possible to get knocked out of KIlling Spree with CC, and it seems to be easy to do for enemies.

It's also really nice to be able to kite melees with the pistol, and in general, Outlaw seems to very hard to get ahold of, just rotating Gouge and Between the Eyes already has ~50% CC uptime on target, and pistol shots make sure the enemy is nice and slow the other 50% of the time.