FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pingpong

BM - Horridon adds help

I have only been playing wow since august, reached 85 on my hunter 2 weeks before the expansion, started my monk a bit after the expansion (leveled my hunter to 90 first and raided with it for a bit, but had bad dps that I couldn't manage to fix) and then went full on for my BM monk. I found out I love tanking, I cleared MSV and TOES normal/elite and only need the last two bosses of HOF (all as off-tank to a experienced tank).

I've been doing LFR ToT, but as I'm very insecure about my tanking I've been doing it in dps spec. The altraid of my guild (which is where I'm raiding with my monk, I need way more experience for the main raid) is going ToT too now though, so I really need to get a grip on myself and start tanking it. And so I did. I did fine on Jin-Rokh, did fine on tanking Horridon himself, and then sucked at getting aggro on all the adds. They seem to be everywhere (yes I know they come from the gates and jump down), the cooldown on provoke is too long to get them off the dps, and it ends up in everybody yelling at me (which I can understand, I really dislike having adds on me when I'm dps too Posted Image ).

I use dizzying haze and provoke to try and get the adds to me, but I somehow never manage to get all of them, I don't have the opportunity of using keg smashes to get at least a bit of avoidance going, as I'm using all the energy on getting the adds from everywhere with dizzying haze.

I must be doing something wrong, as I thought monks were supposed to be awesome add-tanks, but I can't get a grip on those adds. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/P%C3%ADngp%C3%B2ng/simple

Any advice?

Edited by Jacksel

The only thing you can really do is pop a cooldown (fort brew) or get some high shuffle buff (so adds don't hit you too hard) and then spam your dizzying haze to get agro on the loose ones untll you can get a keg smash on one of them. Another thing you can do is use clash to bring some close to you to jab/keg smash and also stun some in the process

You can also taunt your Black Ox Statue and it will taunt all of the adds within 8 yards of the statue (basically 8 yd AoE taunt around statue), but be very careful when doing this because you may taunt Horridon and you should let your other tank know if it may pull off him and he needs to taunt.

• Like 1

I have a lot of trouble holding aggro on the adds as a Druid too. You'll always have DPS focusing hard on a mob that you can't tend to. There are two things that help a lot:

1) Learn which adds do the most damage to players and save your taunts for those. Amani Warbears are a great example, I've seen them one-shot healers.

2) Have everyone stick around a predetermined point so that it's easier to hit them all. It's much easier to hold aggro on a pack that's stacked close together. Then you can slowly kite away from the ground AoE effects.

• Like 1

As a brewmaster you really shouldn't have any problems with adds (unless the other tank puts horridon right where they spawn) because spamming dizzying haze (+keg smash) will give you enough threat on anything other than the other tanks target.

Again, if your taunt is on CD, use this priority: keg smash > clash > dizzying haze > BoK

If they are in range and it's only one add, black out kick should do some decent damage for threat. If they are far use clash or dizzying haze.

You should also be moving towards the add as you spam the brew to attack them.

• Like 1

I have a lot of trouble holding aggro on the adds as a Druid too. You'll always have DPS focusing hard on a mob that you can't tend to. There are two things that help a lot:

1) Learn which adds do the most damage to players and save your taunts for those. Amani Warbears are a great example, I've seen them one-shot healers.

2) Have everyone stick around a predetermined point so that it's easier to hit them all. It's much easier to hold aggro on a pack that's stacked close together. Then you can slowly kite away from the ground AoE effects.

Lol point 2 might work in a normal raid, but I doubt it would work in LFR thanks for the tips though, as I will be doing it in normal too, soon (yikes)

As a brewmaster you really shouldn't have any problems with adds (unless the other tank puts horridon right where they spawn) because spamming dizzying haze (+keg smash) will give you enough threat on anything other than the other tanks target.

Again, if your taunt is on CD, use this priority: keg smash > clash > dizzying haze > BoK

If they are in range and it's only one add, black out kick should do some decent damage for threat. If they are far use clash or dizzying haze.

You should also be moving towards the add as you spam the brew to attack them.

The only thing you can really do is pop a cooldown (fort brew) or get some high shuffle buff (so adds don't hit you too hard) and then spam your dizzying haze to get agro on the loose ones untll you can get a keg smash on one of them. Another thing you can do is use clash to bring some close to you to jab/keg smash and also stun some in the process

You can also taunt your Black Ox Statue and it will taunt all of the adds within 8 yards of the statue (basically 8 yd AoE taunt around statue), but be very careful when doing this because you may taunt Horridon and you should let your other tank know if it may pull off him and he needs to taunt.

Tnx, this should really help! I know I shouldn't have problems, that's why it annoys be that I do ;) I didn't think of using either clash (stupid me) or taunting the ox statue, I might try those too!

I remember when we we're progressing him and daymn I got some gray hair cos of the adds. My advice would be to save your taunt for the ones you can't seem to get off people by other means. Try to get some aggro on em as they spawn, and have taunt in the reserve.

Also, don't sweat it too much if the small adds have threat on DPS for a second or two. If it comes down to aggroing a trio mob or a small add, get the trio guy as prio, since they are the ones that hurt.

You just need to do it a few times for you to find out what you're comfortable with. If others' advice doesn't work for you for some reason, experiment. You'll find a way that suits your style. :)

• Like 1