FORUMS

Hey everyone I'm Jacob Wagschal from Monsey, NY and I'm brand new to the gaming scene. I have stumbled upon a few forums and have been going through them and trying to figure out a game that is best for me. I want something thats not easy but something good for someone new to playing these types of games, I would love if you could recommend some games, as well as give me tips and pointers for starting up the game. I really appreciate it if you could get back to me, thanks!

Edited by JacobWagschal
spelling errors

Well, welcome :D glad you are here. 

So, as far as Blizzard games go I think you've stumbled across the right place. The question comes down to what do you think are you interested in?

A short guide:

Card Games: Hearthstone

First person shooter type game: Overwatch

Run around murder everything actiony: Diablo 3

Huge world to explore and want to lose yourself in : WoW

Tactical battle ..... okay mobas are hard to explain: Heroes of the Storm

As far as ease of getting into I feel DIablo and Overwatch are the first most welcoming. Every game has a learning curve but you can start out slow. World of Warcraft tries to be welcoming to people but it can be a little overwhelming at first and eventually requires a little study. Hearthstone and Heroes imo require a lot more dedication and study. You can hop right in sure but I don't know how much early success you will necessarily have. They are fun yes, but I feel card games and mobas are more complex.

So, that's a brief guideline starting point for me, at least from Blizzard games perspective. Now, if its just gaming period, then we could be here for weeks.  (cough go buy terraria cough)

• Like 1

On 2. August 2016 at 1:46 PM, demonardvark said:

Well, welcome :D glad you are here. 

So, as far as Blizzard games go I think you've stumbled across the right place. The question comes down to what do you think are you interested in?

A short guide:

Card Games: Hearthstone

First person shooter type game: Overwatch

Run around murder everything actiony: Diablo 3

Huge world to explore and want to lose yourself in : WoW

Tactical battle ..... okay mobas are hard to explain: Heroes of the Storm

Nothing to add. :)

Welcome here! 

Hearthstone is difficult, if you haven't played a cardgame like Magic before. And it is more funny, if you know something about the warcraft universe. ;)

My favourite game is: World of Wacraft! You can play it alone or with a lot of other persons. Start playing a MMORPG isn't so difficult like it sounds.

Theached a girl which never had played a game like this before. Was really funny to see her Char ingame turning uncontrolled around... :D While she was shouting for what she has to do for walking. 

Which game ever you'll chose: Here we will help you to come in. :)

4 hours ago, Katamarii said:

Nothing to add. :)

Welcome here! 

Hearthstone is difficult, if you haven't played a cardgame like Magic before. And it is more funny, if you know something about the warcraft universe. ;)

My favourite game is: World of Wacraft! You can play it alone or with a lot of other persons. Start playing a MMORPG isn't so difficult like it sounds.

Theached a girl which never had played a game like this before. Was really funny to see her Char ingame turning uncontrolled around... :D While she was shouting for what she has to do for walking. 

Which game ever you'll chose: Here we will help you to come in. :)

Same here, of the list WoW is certainly my favorite of the blizzord multiverse. There is so much lore so much to see and if nothing else, some really beautiful areas. In addition some area are full of feels, they thematic design and structure plays out very well. There is a desolate area without much there called desolace, it's appropriately named. You feel lost and alone and empty there. Whereas another area you are in a party with a bunch of drunk pandas playing get drunk, you feel the energy of the party. There is a reason people are passionate about WoW or get so enraged when their class gets messed with, after a short time, it can really make you feel like you are part of the world. Especially if you choose worgen, goblin, and panda as your starting race, they give you a rather lengthy introduction area that really makes you feel embedded in the world.

• Like 1