FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Conso

Tier 4 talent..BoW vs VB

I was wondering about this talent choice in the talents suggestions for ret. BoJ shows for me anyways that it does 36,639 damage, the suggested talent Blade of Wrath says 10,991 intial and 12,095 dmg over 5.3s. I am just trying to understand why the suggestion of BoW which as it reads does less and over time then the base ability itself does in a straight hit with a 3x crit multiplier instead of the usually crit multiplier (isnt the normal crit multiplier 2x the damage?). Not bashing anyone just would like to understand what the thought process is for that.

apart from BoW being an extreme low cooldown of 5.5-6 seconds , it synergies extremely well with your rotation that you will never have a downtime.

and during opener/ring time window you need to cast as many spenders as possible which something that BoW will help you on it.

unless you have 50% crit chance or around that number then it's unreliable  as you will be sacrifcing 3-4 seconds of your rotation for a chance that it will triple.

and another reason for what makes it redundant is that you're aiming for more haste than crit, around 30ish so your judgement could line up as best as it can with your de-buff.

so in essence with the lower c/d you can cast more of BoW than the base BoJ and hoping for a crit? Ok, ill give it a shot and try it out see how it works, thank you. I dont have great ret gear, i was prot for most of WoD. ret was my OS so I have a weapon, trinkets and rings i think, rest is mainly geared towards prot.