Zadina

wow Details on the Legion Invasions

10 posts in this topic

21805-demon-invasions-coming-in-mid-augu

PcGamesN talked with Jeremy Feasel, who revealed a few things about the upcoming demon invasions.

We have already seen a preview of the demon invasion via an official blog post and now it's time to learn some details on their schedule. Game designer Jeremy Feasel explained to PcGamesN that the invasion forces will feel like an RTS army: they will have their own barracks, portals, defensive structures and troops. The scale of these events will be much larger than the past pre-expansion events.

As far as the timeline of these invasions is concerned, during the first week they will only occur every four hours in a couple of zones. This will increase by 300% every week for two weeks until everything is under attack all the time, meaning that in the second week there will an invasion every hours across six zones and then there will always be an invasion up in all of the affected zones.

Moreover, the demon invasions will start in more remote zones (like Tanaris) and they will slowly expand to more zones, making their way to the capital cities of Azeroth's factions. At the same time, when the Legion invasion starts, the Dark Whispers event will also begin in major cities. Players will be able to embrace the darkness and turn on their fellow players!

You can read the entire article here. The demon invasions will start on August 9.

I am hoping they make the Dreadlord transformation very powerful, I want to see chaos in the capital cities once again. One of the most fun things in maplestory for me was getting a really high lvl boss bag and dropping it in the cities . The weak perished, some of the strong rallied to support them, the rest watched and giggled with glee. I want to feel that joy again XD.

i may in fact be a terrible person........

Looks like this will be a hell of a journey. To be honest I am pretty excited about Legion and what it brings. Ready for the big day all the way..

Absimiliard of Simurg Gaming

Since I only started playing when WoD was out already, I'm quite looking forward to seeing everything that happens before/after a new expansion launch.

Edited by PaasHaaS

This sounds really exciting, upping the invasions each week will make you feel like Azeroth is really under increasing attacks from the legion, good show Blizzard!

Maining my druid, with instant flight form, will really help when players start crashing in main cities :D

20 hours ago, demonardvark said:

I am hoping they make the Dreadlord transformation very powerful, I want to see chaos in the capital cities once again. One of the most fun things in maplestory for me was getting a really high lvl boss bag and dropping it in the cities . The weak perished, some of the strong rallied to support them, the rest watched and giggled with glee. I want to feel that joy again XD.

i may in fact be a terrible person........

I don't know about the terrible person part..........because this sounds amazing to me!  I immediately thought to myself, "I want that power so I can lay waste to all of Org!"  If the invasions actually live up to the hype, and I'm hoping they do, I will be all in for this expansion.  Either way I went ahead and turned in a vacation request for August 30th and 31st, because lets face it WoW expansion beats work.

58 minutes ago, ghostdeini said:

I don't know about the terrible person part..........because this sounds amazing to me!  I immediately thought to myself, "I want that power so I can lay waste to all of Org!"  If the invasions actually live up to the hype, and I'm hoping they do, I will be all in for this expansion.  Either way I went ahead and turned in a vacation request for August 30th and 31st, because lets face it WoW expansion beats work.

I did the same thing XD take the day off to sit in long server ques, log out due to game crashes, horrific day one patches that  render us unable to play for hours, complain horribly, and do it again next year :D ........... well............ next expansion....... 

This sounds fun and all but... what goodies do we get out of this? Achievement? Tabard? Toy? Nothing? Just curious if anyone knows.

52 minutes ago, f0nZi3 said:

This sounds fun and all but... what goodies do we get out of this? Achievement? Tabard? Toy? Nothing? Just curious if anyone knows.

If I remember right, battle pets and xmog gear I think.

1 person likes this

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 10:39 PM, PaasHaaS said:

Since I only started playing when WoD was out already, I'm quite looking forward to seeing everything that happens before/after a new expansion launch.

This pre-expansion has a completely different feel to it than the last three.  I think quite a few players are excited to see how everything plays out and how much chaos ensues.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym

Some big news in today's hotfixes as the Artifact Knowledge cap gets reduced by 10 down to 40! We also see some Monk Stagger fixes and PvP Paladin Judge Unworthy changes, as well as the previously tweeted 15 minute limit to Deepwind Dunk.
      Blizzard (source)
      Achievements
      “Grand Opening” now requires 8 spotlights activated during the Chronomatic Anomaly encounter (was 12). Classes
      Monk Ironskin Brew and Fortifying Brew once again grant the correct Stagger percentage. Class Hall
      Artifact Knowledge can now be researched to a maximum level of 40 (was 50). Developers’ Notes: We raised the Knowledge cap from 40 to 50 very late in the 7.2 PTR cycle, out of an abundance of caution: We wanted to ensure that players of all playstyles, as well as alt characters, would view the Concordance trait as accessible. However, between the additional Artifact Power gains added in 7.2 and others that were hotfixed in after the patch released, we’re now well ahead of that mark. Knowledge 40 now seems more than sufficient for players to reach Concordance, and the prospect of months’ worth of additional Knowledge still left to research makes some players feel like their efforts in the interim aren’t meaningful. Therefore, we’re rolling the cap back to 40. Player versus Player
      Deepwind Dunk is now 15 minutes long, and each player killed during Deepwind Dunk awards 5 points. Paladin Attacking a Judged target will now cause Judge Unworthy to only spread that target's Judgment, instead of all your nearby Judgments. Judge Unworthycan now spread Judgment to targets that are under the effects of crowd-control abilities. Damage from Lawbringer can no longer cause Judge Unworthy to spread Judgment. UI
      Players using Korean and Chinese clients can now chat in public chat channels on the Broken Shore. Previous hotfixes (May 15th).
    • By Frostjin
      <Currently Online> US - Sargeras - Alliance - Is recruiting raiders for all difficulties, and social/casual players of all levels!
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      About Us:
      <Currently Online> Founded 2014 by a core group that has been playing World of Warcraft since Vanilla. Currently Online has since evolved to far more than a guild; we are a full scale gaming community with our roots in World of Warcraft. 
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      What We Offer: 
      The largest and most active World of Warcraft community in the world, with over 10,000 members in 11 different guilds, we offer a huge slate of activities to our players, both in WoW and out...
      In WoW: 
      9 Raid Teams - ranging from Normal to Mythic 7/7 M + 6/10 M Progression Multiple PvP Teams Room for advancement as a staff member Always active guild chat - 11 guilds linked with the add-on Greenwall In-game activities and competitions: Mog contests, races, mythic dungeons, achievement runs Out of WoW:
      Private game servers w/ events Communities on Steam, Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit Awesome CoGuild merchandise like; Shirts, Hoodies, and more BF1 + BF4 Clan ESO Guild Rust Clan FFXIV Company Game Marathon Weekends: Rust, 7D2D, Rocket League, Tabletop Sim, Tower Unite, and more Always active Discord w/ over 2500 connected users Drinking Nights _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      More Information:
      <Currently Online> Has something to offer for everyone, if you are a hardcore raider or a hardcore casual, you can find a place here at Currently Online. If you want more information about our group you can visit us at our website: www.currentlyonline.gg , or contact an officer directly.
      Contact Us: 
      You can contact us by Btag, or email as listed below.
      Add one of the following officers to your Btag:
      Coldcrow#1329
      Joberty#7753
      Empathine#3105
      OR
      Email us at:
      Coldcrow@currentlyonline.gg
      Swampage@currentlyonline.gg
      We hope to see everyone in game!

• By Stan

Blizzard revealed Prestige rewards for the upcoming Legion PvP Season 4.
      In Legion, players can prestige up after reaching Honor level 50 to earn additional cosmetics, like vanity items, titles or mounts. When PvP Season 4 goes live, the following rewards will become available:
      Prestige 15: Artifact: New Color Prestige 16: Toy: Esteemed Pennant Prestige 17: Mount: Prestigious Forest Courser Prestige 18: Title: The Unstoppable Force Blizzard (Source)
      In World of Warcraft: Legion, players can earn new rewards in PvP through the updated Honor system. At Honor level 50, a new path of advancement opens in which players begin earning Prestige levels. These Prestige levels increase with every 50 Honor levels and provide new rewards for each level gained.
      Prestige rewards include pets, toys, titles, and even mounts—we’ve put together a handy list of all of them below.
      Prestige 1: Pet: Alliance Enthusiast or Horde Fanatic Prestige 2: Artifact: New Appearance Prestige 3: Toy: Honorable Pennant Prestige 4: Mount: Prestigious Bronze Courser Prestige 5: Title: The Honorable Prestige 6: Artifact: New Color Prestige 7: Pet: Dutiful Squire or Dutiful Gruntling Prestige 8: Toy: Prestigious Pennant Prestige 9: Mount: Prestigious Ivory Courser Prestige 10: Title: The Prestigious Prestige 11 Artifact: New Color Prestige 12: Toy: Elite Pennant Prestige 13: Mount: Prestigious Azure Courser Prestige 14: Title: The Unrelenting
      Honorable Pennant Toy

Prestigious Bronze Courser Mount

Alliance Enthusiast and Horde Fanatic Pet
      Once Legion PvP Season 4 Begins, you’ll be able to earn the following additional Prestige rewards:
      Prestige 15: Artifact: New Color Prestige 16: Toy: Esteemed Pennant Prestige 17: Mount: Prestigious Forest Courser Prestige 18: Title: The Unstoppable Force So storm the Battlegrounds and Arenas, gladiators. Glory—and glorious plunder—await!
    • By Chumani
      Aka'magosh my raider friends! Chumani here from Corrupted Destiny guild (Horde) on Skywall/Drak'thul realms. We are currently recruiting for our core team for mythic raiding. We are 10 /10 Heroic Nighthold (10/10 N NH in about 1 1/2 hours) (Providing we arent cutting up and getting yelled at.... by a certain mage in our guild.... who cuts up too.... and won't admit it..... and puts down fake portals.... every week..... and people still take them.... to their death..... really......week..... after week.... to their death...... seriously)
      As always we are recruiting raiders and non raiders.
      *****GIRLS***** We have a large number of female gamers who do not have to worry about harrasment of any kind...we just will not tolerate this... and our group is like family. Come see for yourself!
      Tired of the ridiculous harassment from the opposite sex? You will be safe with us! Mature gamers who do not condone this behaviour!
      Our raid schedule is Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 6:30pm to 9:00pm server time(pst)
      We currently have an "Alt" raid for alts and non-progression raiders on Mondays at the same time! MEGA amounts of fun there, alot of us use our mains to carry this raid and help gear these raiders up!
      Other guild events include: Herb Drives, Fishing Expo, Mog off! (Best transmog wins), Old Raids for Transmog gear & Mythic Plus runs. We do random guild events with prizes up to and including a FREE MONTH OF WOW! (Mog-Off is going on NOW!!)
      We have quite a bit of fun when we get together, as we always have over the years! Come join us and get corrupted (Disclaimer: Infections have been found to be the leading cause of corruption in many raiders) We've always been here and will continue to be here! Of course you will be required to sacrifice a goat or an alliance player once a week to the Horde gods..... You will also be required to laugh and have fun as well! We do have fun!
      So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Swiper#1939 - Deni#1743 - Loki#15391
      ***Newest video highlighting some of our girls!****
      (We are just huge nerds who see ourselves as badass warriors!... ok!)
      ******We also have one of our members who has published some 'how to' videos for certain in game mounts!!*** Keep eye out for Barcat, one of our casual members and professional mount hoarder and his youtube channel for these vids! Will post one in comment below*******
      http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=247413
    • By Stan

Following Blizzard's announcement that Destiny 2 would be exclusively available via the Blizzard app, caused prices of WoW Tokens to reach an all-time high in both regions.
      The last time we witnessed WoW Token prices spiking was when Blizzard launched the WoW Token to Battle.net Balance exchange.
      Europe
      Token prices are slowly going down, but in Europe they spiked at 251,000 Gold for a single token.

North America
      America didn't see such a dramatic increase. Just a little above 140K Gold for one token.

To stay up to date with latest prices, don't forget to follow WoWTokenNA for North America or WoWTokenEU for Europe.
      (Source via WoWToken.info)