FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Balefor

Demo Warlock - Hand of DOOM

Hand of DOOM for some time has been bothering me.   DOOM doesn't proc the damage until the timer expires.  So how does this work with Hand of Gul'daanusage.   When you get 4 stacks and it overrides and resets the timer of DOOM, so isn't that a DPS Loss?

Re-applying Doom does not re-set the timer, so you don't need to worry about that.

Have a read up about Pandemic and DoTs if you want to learn more.

• Like 1

I was wondering this as well. But I just tested this on the dummy. When I cast 4 Dooms in a row, refreshing each, only two Dooms actually ticked on the dummy and only two soulshards were awarded.

If what the above poster said is true, wouldn't 4 Dooms have ticked and 4 soulshards been awarded if I cast Doom 4 times?

I'm currently using the "4 piece + archy trink" rotation, but I specced into "Impending Doom" and "Hand of Doom" since I thought it would have good synergy... but it seems like I should be getting more imps/soulshards from my doom ticks. What's wrong? I really want to understand how these things work so I can take that into account when I play.

So am I to assume that Pandemic is built into dots.  I understand that mechanic from CAT, but from what I can see that talent is not longer available.   

Still  confused.   Even if Pandemic increased the timer of doom it counter affects the purpose considering doom only deals damage when the timer is gone..  

Edited by Balefor

On 07/08/2016 at 4:40 PM, Sydrayn said:

I was wondering this as well. But I just tested this on the dummy. When I cast 4 Dooms in a row, refreshing each, only two Dooms actually ticked on the dummy and only two soulshards were awarded.

If what the above poster said is true, wouldn't 4 Dooms have ticked and 4 soulshards been awarded if I cast Doom 4 times?

I'm currently using the "4 piece + archy trink" rotation, but I specced into "Impending Doom" and "Hand of Doom" since I thought it would have good synergy... but it seems like I should be getting more imps/soulshards from my doom ticks. What's wrong? I really want to understand how these things work so I can take that into account when I play.

No, because if you double cast Doom you get 1 Doom + pandemic duration of another.

Taking Haste into consideration, my Doom ticks every 16 seconds or so. This means that for every 16 seconds Doom is applied to the target, it ticks once.

Try casting Doom, then a few seconds before it expires, cast it again. You should see what I mean.

What Liquid said. Assuming 0 haste, Doom inflicts damage and generates a shard every 20 seconds. Any time between 0 and 20 seconds left after the last full tick will cause a partial tick when Doom falls off. For example, if 10 seconds are left after the last full tick, the partial tick when Doom falls off will do 50% of a full tick's damage.

On 8/11/2016 at 0:56 AM, Liquidsteel said:

Yep, also please note that partial ticks of Doom do not generate soul shards.

Really? I recall doing a few tests on a dummy and it seemed to work. I don't know what the actual mechanics are, but I would tend to get a shard with a 50%+ partial tick but not with a sub-50% one.

On a side note, do we know if shardbits exist for Demo like they used to for Aff?

27 minutes ago, HeadBeeGuy said:

Really? I recall doing a few tests on a dummy and it seemed to work. I don't know what the actual mechanics are, but I would tend to get a shard with a 50%+ partial tick but not with a sub-50% one.

On a side note, do we know if shardbits exist for Demo like they used to for Aff?

It would appear that I stand corrected, I based that on a really quick test which in hindsight was far too short.