FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ilitar

Warrior or Paladin dps?

Im having trouble deciding if I want to level a Ret Paladin or Arms/Fury Warrior. They both look good but any advice would help such as how fun they are, how good they are at questing or how their dps is. Thanks (:

My first toon was a Ret Pally, and I'm currently leveling a Fury Warrior (Lvl 65 currently).

While my own knowledge and skill held me back greatly at first on my Pally he's turned into a great fun player. I can generate respectable DPS numbers, after lots of work, but there is still room for improvement.

I've read the Warrior can put out greater DPS numbers it does seem more tricky to play. It looks like as I level the rotation of the Warrior gets a little more intricate. Not sure if it holds true still but I've heard the comment that Warriors are highly dependent on gear at higher levels to produce good DPS numbers.

I guess what I'm trying to say is they're both fun, Pally might be a little easier with a lower DPS max. The Warrior is fun but challenging with potential for higher DPS numbers.

Does the secondary spec matter to you. With the Pally you could go Healer or Tank, while with the Warrior it just DPS and Tank. (hope i got that right).

My advice would just be to try both. (I am biased towards warrior so I can't really decide for you)

However, if you try Warrior at low levels or without good gear, I urge you to try arms instead of fury. I do find fury way much fun to play, but without the gear it's actually a pain, since you don't crit enough to support the rotation. Arms, on the other hand, has an easy (relatively speaking) and steady rotation that is better for players that are new to the class imo. At higher gears levels though Fury is incredibly fun to play.

As for my pally, well, let's just say I didn't really like the way cata changed it so my main alt changed from a pally to a DK when mists hit...

-Rage

The Ret rotation is fairly predictable, if tight; the main challenge is using your HP properly so that you keep max uptime on Inquisition and also use as many of your HP abilities as you can. Arms also requires good management of the secondary resource. Fury is secondary resource utilization plus twitch reactions to procs.