Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eibhlin

Resto Druid Shapeshift & Mounting Macro Help

3 posts in this topic

Hopefully someone can help with this. I'm currently using a macro for Balance that I really like, however, it doesn't work to just change Moonkin Form to Treant Form, as I can't mount in Treant Form. Here is the Macro:

/cancelform [nostance:0,mod:ctrl]

/stopmacro [mod:ctrl]

/cast [nomod:shift][indoors, combat, noswimming] !Moonkin Form; [swimming] Aquatic Form; [outdoors, combat] Travel Form; [indoors, combat] Cat Form [flyable] Onyxian Drake; Azure Water Strider

I mainly want the resto macro so that I can shift into cat form in instances when running back in, during Quills on Ji-kun, etc and then shift back out of cat form into my caster form or into Treant Form to start healing. However, it would be awesome to be able to use it to mount just the same as the Moonkin version of the macro.

I've tested, edited, and re-tested the Resto version, and all it does is Treant form, even in combat in instances where it's supposed to shift me into cat form. It does try to mount outside but of course I can't use mounts in Treant form. The Moonkin version works for mounting of course, but doesn't shift me into cat form in combat either. It does cancel my Moonkin form when I hold ctrl and use the macro again. Does anyone know how to fix this? More specifically, does anyone know how to fix it so I shapeshift out of treant form and into caster form so I can mount? It does work to just use Swift Flight Form, but I really like my mounts.

Resto Version:

/cancelform [nostance:0,mod:ctrl]

/stopmacro [mod:ctrl]

/cast [nomod:shift][indoors, combat, noswimming] !Treant Form; [swimming] Aquatic Form; [outdoors, combat] Travel Form; [indoors, combat] !Cat Form [flyable] Swift Flight Form; Azure Water Strider

Does anyone know how to simplify it a bit so I can fit everything into the macro? As it stands now, the resto one is 252 of the 255 character limit. I'm a bit clueless when it comes to making a macro as I have no idea what I'm doing >_<

I'm still open to a fix for this even if it means I don't use treant form in the macro and just use normal caster form instead. I just don't know how to make it put me back into caster form so I can't edit the macro to do that myself. Any help is appreciated.

Hi

Not an expert on macros but you have an ! before catform in teh second macro not the first so that may be th issue with that - am at work and so can't test but will have a go on my druid when I egt back home - have similar macros so will need to check them out first.

Think one issue may be having 2 commands when in combat so basically the macro is trying to do two things at the same event.

I'll be back!

Ed

I made a post in this forum that might help you out

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BrightwingMain
      Just throwing this shower thought out there because why not.
      Would it be possible with reasonable amount of resources and time that you have available, to create couple of generic general gameplay/map guides for Heroes of the Storm? There are already a couple for other games, although mostly pretty old ones. Things like general guidelines for tanking, healing and stutter stepping as well as map guides of what heroes are which priority and how the maps play out? You already have some maps covered at the "map specific advice", but as the "new hero guide format" cuts the map specific advice part off, would adding such thing be possible. Not that I would be desperately in need of one, but if I had to guess, a lot of people would be glad to get them available.
    • By ZuzgwangGroo
      I am a returning player and haven't played my BM Hunter since 2011. What I liked to do when running dungeons with my guild was to make the Tank my focus, then use the following macro posted below. I know a lot has changed since 2011, but I am wondering if the macro language has evolved to the point of being able to improve the macro to only attack if the focus is actively attacking something. Could this be done, and is there any other way we can improve this macro? Thanks in Advance for any help anyone can provide!!!

Grewe

/cleartarget
      /assist focus
      /stopmacro [noharm][dead]
      /petattack
      /startattack
    • By Djingy
      Title, died to Trilliax during Annihilation when using DoS. Stupid on my part but just wondering if theres a cancelaura for it and/or other trinkets. Thanks
    • By Fitte88
      Hello, im looking for some help witha  macro that i want to use
      bacitally i want it to be 
      /cast bloodthrist
      /cast Furious slash

but that dosent work, i want it to use furious slash when my bloodthirst is on cooldown somehow, is this possible?
    • By Namuria
      Hey ho! :)
      There are two new Macros since 7.1 for Spells which you have to place with the cursor (green circle), like our Metamorphose or for example: Shaman's Healing Rain.
      The old Way:
      - Press Button
      - move green circle
      - klick to place

NOW and much faster, there are two new ways:

Way One - At Player:
      #showtooltip
      /cast [@player] Metamorphose
      If you Press the Button with this macro, there is NO cursor-move and NO click.
      You char will use Meta instant without moving a meter.
      This one is nice if you are staying in group of enemys and don't want to risk beeing out of range after using your Meta.

Way Two - At Cursor:
      #showtooltip
      /cast [@cursor] Metamorphose
      BEFORE using this macro you have to place your cursor at your target/ground/...
      If you press the Meta-Button now there is no more to do. Your DH will Meta-Jump to the cursor-point. So there is NO click.
      This is a nice one to enter a fight.Here you can add something like /use Potion of the Old War or/and /use Chaosblades, too.

I'm using both for the situations which I explained.

Hope it will help you!
      Done my best with my english - hope you will understand!

Greetings from Namuria