FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Helskore

Anyone currently leveling Brewmaster?

Curious if anyone was currently leveling a Brewmaster Monk sitting in the BC content. I'm in the midst of leveling my Monk, and I leveled him to 60 as Brewmaster before the Pre-Patch, didn't touch him for a while after.

Anyways, after the Pre-Patch, I've started leveling him again, but notice that his armor rating only prevents 17% of damage (This is with all looms, too). Dodge was really low, as well. To be fair, the level 60 looms aren't exactly great when you first get to Outland, so you have to get to 61 to really get your biggest benefit from them in BC content, but I'm wondering if anyone else is currently level 61-65 as Brewmaster and seeing what I'm seeing with their Armor Rating and Dodge being really low.

Brewmasters do have low armor, since they wear Leather and Bonus Armor isn't a stat anymore.

I've leveled a Brewmaster from 10-80 since prepatch hit, and found that while I'm not invulnerable anymore due to the loss of Guard, proper management of stagger means it isn't so bad

As far as I know, most of the stats were balanced out so nobody is as overbearing as they used to be

I figured as much. I know that their Armor rating is naturally going to be lower, but I gotta admit, their mechanics have felt very strange to me from the beginning. The loss of guard has made it even moreso for me. In the meantime, I'm doing leveling between Windwalker and Mistweaver as well, but gonna try Brew again, probably tonight. Thanks for your response.