FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
windfuhrer

Restoration - H Iron Qon Advice

So, my guild is working on heroic Iron Qon right now. After struggling through the first phase, we finally found a strategy that worked for us, and we do not have any problems during P2 or P3 until the dogs come out. Once the dogs start dealing that extra damage, the healers are panicking, we're getting sloppy, and we run out of CDs before we can even get to the Fist Smashes.

I heal with a restoration shaman and a holy paladin. Any advice on cooldown usage throughout the fight? I know that our two bear tanks are also using HotW for this fight and popping tranq when it looks necessary. I'll post our logs from last night, if that'll help anyone.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s6nkvy25a16p3q4b/

Thank you!

our group heals with a disc/holy priest (whichever she wants to do that day they both do about equal healing) and she does about 120k sustained on this fight.. our druid is doing around 100k.. unfort our shaman is where our weakness is because they are really just a elemental shaman who was willing to switch and they only do like 40-50k.. looks like i'm going to have to switch back from my Warlock to my paladin to heal because he just can't manage it effectively.. that being said it looks like your healing is a bit low.. how are you doing on your mana?

I feel like I'm okay on mana. The only time I dip is when I have to get sloppy (healer down, no CDs, etc) which only happened on a couple of pulls.

Restoration Shamans seem to be really disappointing in 10man at the moment too.

In 25man their aoe heals are incredible, but for 10man, especially with bubblers in the group, they just dont perform well in general.

Their mastery doesn't suit a PVE environment where healers spend their time making sure people don't drop in health.

How's the groups communication? How much do you - as a healing team - talk about who should pop cool downs and when?

It may not be suitable to chat over vent about this before a pull - depending on your team - but it may help to set yourselves up a little in-game chat channel so you can discuss these things. It really helps with that "oh shit oh shit people are dying" moment.

I heal with a disc priest and a holy paladin, and before a fight we know when each of us is going to use a cd, this avoids overlapping and therefore moments when you don't have one available.

We do communicate about raid healing cooldowns on our vent, and include the DPS as well to include things like our two DPS Shamans' Healing Tide Totems or my Tranquility (Druid tank). That's part of how we beat better-geared guilds to our Lei Shen kill, and we didn't have a Priest at all.

then I guess it's just a case of:

Keep Calm

and

Heal Your

Ass Off

Best of luck guys and keep us posted

Well, we got him last night, and I used a lot of the advice that I received here and on MMO-Champ.

Apparently, our biggest issue was just the kill order of the dogs. The first time we got to P4 we got him down, even with two people (one of which was a healer) dead. Looking at my own healing, it was still pretty sloppy, but I think that when the other healer went OOM, it was just a matter of getting messy and trying to keep everyone alive, so I found myself dumping retarded heals at the end. Other than that (and something I'll be able to fix once he becomes more of a farm) is shrooming a lot more and making better use of my less-powerful CDs. For instance, I got into a bad habit of only pairing NV up with Tree, which is a waste of a talent I really could be using on CD for 20% extra heals every 1.5m. I'm going to talk to a druid friend of mine as to where and when he normally places and pops his mushrooms, but as of now, I had only been making heavy use of them during P1 and at the start of P4 (if they overcharged again, then at the end of P4, as well). But with how powerful mushrooms are now, it's really stupid of me not to be abusive with them. Once our kill gets really clean, I'll start playing around with other talents, as well. A lot of people have told me that using FoN and constantly keeping 1 treant up and popping all three for a burst is viable on this fight but that SotF is passing up both by far (I myself don't have a lot of experience with SotF).

Any way, thanks for the help guys. We decided on mushrooms > Ascendance > Aura Mastery for our pre-Fist Smash damage, and then we just cycled through tranq, devos, HTTs, Spirit Link, etc on Fist Smashes.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tomseno
      Raid/Class Spots Are Open To Any Applicant If The Player Is The Right Fit
      A guild formed with an ambition for progression and a love for M+ we decided to make the move from Silvermoon Alliance and form a guild to take our focus to the next level, Cutting Edge in 10.1 being the next step.
      We believe in building a guild by recruit players of a similar goal and mentality whether it be for raiding or for push score in Mythic plus. We value loyalty, honesty and a positive attitude towards setbacks. Communication skills are an absolute must.
      Raid Schedule
      Wednesday 20:30-23:00 Sunday 20:30-23:00
      Current Progression
      9/9HC 5/9M
      What are we looking for recruitment wise?
      We're currently open to recruiting DPS classes listed above, as we aim to solidify a stable 25-player roster. We're looking to provide competition to existing members and choose the best 25 players to proceed with for next tier.
      Contact Information:
      Discord; tomsen and lora1506
      Think you'd be a good fit?
      If you believe that you are a player that is looking to achieve the same goals as us then why not contact us and see if we can achieve our goals together!
    • By Velovictus
      Heyas all! Here's a short music video paying homage to all the guardian druid tanks out there, much love!

• By lawura
      [H][Draenor][Healer problem] was founded at the end of BFA and reinforced recently with a a group of old friends experienced in mythic raiding. We are bound by ambition to build a strong core of focused players for mythic progression while valuing players over the progress itself. We offer a mature, fun and caring, yet focused environment, with respect to real life responsibilities.
      At the moment we are looking for a couple friendly but committed players to complete our mythic team.

Raid hours:
      Wednesday: 20.00 - 23.00 (3h)
      Thursday : 20.00 - 23.00 (3h)
      More info:
      For current progress, info on current roster, and opened class spots please check our GoW Page: Healer Problem on GoW 
      Requirements for raiding
       - Good performance & positive attitude
       - Know your class and spec, or be ready to receive constructive criticism, to learn and to improve quickly
       - Working discord voice communication (mic is not mandatory, but you are required to hear and respond)
       - Be organized & prepared - research boss fights, have consumables to last through the raid, be up-to-date on power progression and gearing opportunities outside of raids
      Other activities:
      On Sundays we have social raids at 20.00-23.00ST
      We have a good number of highly ranked and active mythic-plus players, who will be glad to see more joining them in their adventure. 
      In-Game Community
      Our guild has an in-game community. We welcome and encourage our members interacting with players from other guilds and on other realms. Come, join us. meet our people, see if our atmosphere fits you before you decide to dedicate yourself to our raid team.
      Community Invitation

If you have any questions, please contact us, we will be happy to answer any of your questions about our guild.
      Guild Leader: Beygir#6257 (Discord)
      Recruitment Officer: Cheyanna#5202 (Discord), Lawura#2369 (Battletag)
    • By Jonesy0000
      Hi Team
      I am recently returning from a few years away from the game and I have decided to go back to my much loved main throughout wrath, the feral druid. I have always been a cut above the rest and managed to be top dps all through wrath. 
      I was reading your guide and noticed in the talents you don't take savage roar. Can you explain the match behind this as to me it seems like the more viable option. 
    • By darkganj
      Hello everyone! When i downloaded the recent shadowlands expansion, i noticed that my macros no longer worked =0. This is not a single target DPS  macro, this is a Help / Harm selective macro So i did some digging to find out what was goin on, An example of this would be : /cast [help] Innervate ; [harm] Entangling Roots ; Innervate.  This macro utilizes one button for a dual purpose. if i am targeted on friend i innervate them while if i and targeting a opponent it would root them in place. This structure is now broken but has also made things easier in most cases, After doing some digging i discovered some new macros and the new format. Some examples of the new way to write this would be :
       #showtooltip
      /cast [help,nodead][help,nodead]innervate
      /cast [harm,nodead][harm,nodead]Entangling Roots
      #showtooltip
      /cast [help,nodead][help,nodead]Regrowth
      /cast [harm,nodead][harm,nodead]Wrath
      #showtooltip
      /cast [harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead]Moonfire
      /cast [help,nodead][@target,help,nodead]Rejuvenation
      #showtooltip
      /cast [help,nodead][help,nodead]Wild Growth
      /cast [harm,nodead][harm,nodead]Entangling Roots
      This is what they call a fall through macro, If the first line of code is not available because of a cooldown or if the Help or Harm selection, it will fall through to the next line of code. This works especially well for balance druids, shaman, and hybrid healing classes that use a ton of buttons. You can cut the amount of keys you need press in half which saves space and prevents accidentally pressings the wrong button. I like to pair my spells by the time it takes to cast, Instant casts with instant casts. They also introduces a mouse over macro for heals and rebuffs which is really good for world PVP. One of the better macros iv'e seen is a mouse over Rebirth : 
       #showtooltip Rebirth
      /cast [@mouseover,help]Rebirth;Rebirth
      #showtooltip Remove Corruption
      /cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][target=target] Remove Corruption

If you are going to try and make your own macro, you should keep in mind
      1: The Global Cool Down or GCD which is the time it takes between 2 casts and
      2: Not all of your spells and trinkets share a GCD, so you are able to cast 2 or 3 spells at the exact same time as long as it doesn't share a GCD.
      I hope this helps!