windfuhrer

Restoration - H Iron Qon Advice

7 posts in this topic

So, my guild is working on heroic Iron Qon right now. After struggling through the first phase, we finally found a strategy that worked for us, and we do not have any problems during P2 or P3 until the dogs come out. Once the dogs start dealing that extra damage, the healers are panicking, we're getting sloppy, and we run out of CDs before we can even get to the Fist Smashes.

I heal with a restoration shaman and a holy paladin. Any advice on cooldown usage throughout the fight? I know that our two bear tanks are also using HotW for this fight and popping tranq when it looks necessary. I'll post our logs from last night, if that'll help anyone.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s6nkvy25a16p3q4b/

Thank you!

our group heals with a disc/holy priest (whichever she wants to do that day they both do about equal healing) and she does about 120k sustained on this fight.. our druid is doing around 100k.. unfort our shaman is where our weakness is because they are really just a elemental shaman who was willing to switch and they only do like 40-50k.. looks like i'm going to have to switch back from my Warlock to my paladin to heal because he just can't manage it effectively.. that being said it looks like your healing is a bit low.. how are you doing on your mana?

I feel like I'm okay on mana. The only time I dip is when I have to get sloppy (healer down, no CDs, etc) which only happened on a couple of pulls.

Restoration Shamans seem to be really disappointing in 10man at the moment too.

In 25man their aoe heals are incredible, but for 10man, especially with bubblers in the group, they just dont perform well in general.

Their mastery doesn't suit a PVE environment where healers spend their time making sure people don't drop in health.

How's the groups communication? How much do you - as a healing team - talk about who should pop cool downs and when?

It may not be suitable to chat over vent about this before a pull - depending on your team - but it may help to set yourselves up a little in-game chat channel so you can discuss these things. It really helps with that "oh shit oh shit people are dying" moment.

I heal with a disc priest and a holy paladin, and before a fight we know when each of us is going to use a cd, this avoids overlapping and therefore moments when you don't have one available.

We do communicate about raid healing cooldowns on our vent, and include the DPS as well to include things like our two DPS Shamans' Healing Tide Totems or my Tranquility (Druid tank). That's part of how we beat better-geared guilds to our Lei Shen kill, and we didn't have a Priest at all.

then I guess it's just a case of:

Keep Calm

and

Heal Your

Ass Off

Best of luck guys and keep us posted

Well, we got him last night, and I used a lot of the advice that I received here and on MMO-Champ.

Apparently, our biggest issue was just the kill order of the dogs. The first time we got to P4 we got him down, even with two people (one of which was a healer) dead. Looking at my own healing, it was still pretty sloppy, but I think that when the other healer went OOM, it was just a matter of getting messy and trying to keep everyone alive, so I found myself dumping retarded heals at the end. Other than that (and something I'll be able to fix once he becomes more of a farm) is shrooming a lot more and making better use of my less-powerful CDs. For instance, I got into a bad habit of only pairing NV up with Tree, which is a waste of a talent I really could be using on CD for 20% extra heals every 1.5m. I'm going to talk to a druid friend of mine as to where and when he normally places and pops his mushrooms, but as of now, I had only been making heavy use of them during P1 and at the start of P4 (if they overcharged again, then at the end of P4, as well). But with how powerful mushrooms are now, it's really stupid of me not to be abusive with them. Once our kill gets really clean, I'll start playing around with other talents, as well. A lot of people have told me that using FoN and constantly keeping 1 treant up and popping all three for a burst is viable on this fight but that SotF is passing up both by far (I myself don't have a lot of experience with SotF).

Any way, thanks for the help guys. We decided on mushrooms > Ascendance > Aura Mastery for our pre-Fist Smash damage, and then we just cycled through tranq, devos, HTTs, Spirit Link, etc on Fist Smashes.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - 5 or more Mythic boss kills.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Monk: Healer.
      Druid: Balance and Guardian.
      Priest: Shadow and Holy
      Other dps will also be considered.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Jade Token Druid Gadgetzan Standard deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Mill Kun C'Thun OTK Druid Gadgetzan Standard deck.
    • By Sickan
      Hi.
      I been leveling up my balance druid, and while questing I noticed that there is a proc connected to Moonkin Form named Owlkin Frenzy. I was wondering how to best utilize the proc. I looked in the balance guide, but didn't even see any mention of it. So far I've just used it directly togheter with Lunar Empowerment.
    • By Sappora
      Methodical is in search of dedicated players that are looking to push content in a semi-hardcore environment. All of our raiders try to be on a first-name basis with each other. Our raids are very fun when it comes to farm and carries, however, we do clean up when it's time for progression. When it comes to raiding we do provide benefits, paid for by selling carries. 
      All-in-all we are looking for players willing to: consistently improve their performance, take responsibility, and synergize with a group of players. If this interests you, all of our info is below.
      Information:
      Guild: Methodical
      Creation: 2013
      Server: Bleeding Hollow
      Faction: Horde
      VoIP: Discord
      Raids:
      Raid Progression: 7/7 M EN, 3/3 H ToV, 5/10 H NH
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)
      Benefits:
      Spirit Cauldrons
      Potion Program
      Extensive Raid Repairs
      Recruitment:
      The below are just current needs, we are accepting all exceptional players.
      druid (balance) high hunter medium mage medium monk (healer) medium priest (dd) high rogue medium shaman (restoration) high warlock high If interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and our raids. 
      Contact Info:
      Merkshow#1993 (GM)
      Sappora#1724 (Recruitment)
      Franny#1457 (Officer)
      Borlax#1380 (Officer)