FORUMS
windfuhrer

Restoration - H Iron Qon Advice

So, my guild is working on heroic Iron Qon right now. After struggling through the first phase, we finally found a strategy that worked for us, and we do not have any problems during P2 or P3 until the dogs come out. Once the dogs start dealing that extra damage, the healers are panicking, we're getting sloppy, and we run out of CDs before we can even get to the Fist Smashes.

I heal with a restoration shaman and a holy paladin. Any advice on cooldown usage throughout the fight? I know that our two bear tanks are also using HotW for this fight and popping tranq when it looks necessary. I'll post our logs from last night, if that'll help anyone.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s6nkvy25a16p3q4b/

Thank you!

our group heals with a disc/holy priest (whichever she wants to do that day they both do about equal healing) and she does about 120k sustained on this fight.. our druid is doing around 100k.. unfort our shaman is where our weakness is because they are really just a elemental shaman who was willing to switch and they only do like 40-50k.. looks like i'm going to have to switch back from my Warlock to my paladin to heal because he just can't manage it effectively.. that being said it looks like your healing is a bit low.. how are you doing on your mana?

I feel like I'm okay on mana. The only time I dip is when I have to get sloppy (healer down, no CDs, etc) which only happened on a couple of pulls.

Restoration Shamans seem to be really disappointing in 10man at the moment too.

In 25man their aoe heals are incredible, but for 10man, especially with bubblers in the group, they just dont perform well in general.

Their mastery doesn't suit a PVE environment where healers spend their time making sure people don't drop in health.

How's the groups communication? How much do you - as a healing team - talk about who should pop cool downs and when?

It may not be suitable to chat over vent about this before a pull - depending on your team - but it may help to set yourselves up a little in-game chat channel so you can discuss these things. It really helps with that "oh shit oh shit people are dying" moment.

I heal with a disc priest and a holy paladin, and before a fight we know when each of us is going to use a cd, this avoids overlapping and therefore moments when you don't have one available.

We do communicate about raid healing cooldowns on our vent, and include the DPS as well to include things like our two DPS Shamans' Healing Tide Totems or my Tranquility (Druid tank). That's part of how we beat better-geared guilds to our Lei Shen kill, and we didn't have a Priest at all.

then I guess it's just a case of:

Keep Calm

and

Heal Your

Ass Off

Best of luck guys and keep us posted

Well, we got him last night, and I used a lot of the advice that I received here and on MMO-Champ.

Apparently, our biggest issue was just the kill order of the dogs. The first time we got to P4 we got him down, even with two people (one of which was a healer) dead. Looking at my own healing, it was still pretty sloppy, but I think that when the other healer went OOM, it was just a matter of getting messy and trying to keep everyone alive, so I found myself dumping retarded heals at the end. Other than that (and something I'll be able to fix once he becomes more of a farm) is shrooming a lot more and making better use of my less-powerful CDs. For instance, I got into a bad habit of only pairing NV up with Tree, which is a waste of a talent I really could be using on CD for 20% extra heals every 1.5m. I'm going to talk to a druid friend of mine as to where and when he normally places and pops his mushrooms, but as of now, I had only been making heavy use of them during P1 and at the start of P4 (if they overcharged again, then at the end of P4, as well). But with how powerful mushrooms are now, it's really stupid of me not to be abusive with them. Once our kill gets really clean, I'll start playing around with other talents, as well. A lot of people have told me that using FoN and constantly keeping 1 treant up and popping all three for a burst is viable on this fight but that SotF is passing up both by far (I myself don't have a lot of experience with SotF).

Any way, thanks for the help guys. We decided on mushrooms > Ascendance > Aura Mastery for our pre-Fist Smash damage, and then we just cycled through tranq, devos, HTTs, Spirit Link, etc on Fist Smashes.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Skaboy
      <Fun is for Casuals> is a serious but casual horde guild on US-Hyjal. We are serious about raiding without the intense hours. Even when recruitment status is none, we will accept exceptional applications for all classes. For a full list of what we're looking for check out https://funisforcasuals.enjin.com . 
      Our raid times are Tuesday and Thursday from 5:00PM to 8:00PM server (PST) with raid invitations sent out a few minutes prior to that.

We're interested in you if you fit the following criteria:
      Raid attendance is essential. We don't want people sitting on the bench but we also want to make sure we're raiding 6 hours per week. We expect you to be available for at least 90% of our raids. Be on time and prepared for raids. This includes flasks and other consumables. Discord is mandatory and a working mic is desired. You're appropriately geared for our current content. Effort and thought have been put into your gear/gem/enchant choices. You wouldn't show up for a job interview looking like a scrub, why would you apply to a guild with improper gems or some insane spec? You're up to date with your class. We expect our raiders to perform to the best of their abilities. You have a computer that's not run with hamster power or requires a hand crank. Some encounters are taxing on a computer's resources so if your toon can't even handle Orgrimmar it's not likely to do well with 20+ whelps that need AOE'ing.
      You may be interested in us because:
      <Fun is for Casuals> uses the personal loot system. There is no loot council, or DKP. We won't eat your babies the first time you stand in something you have no business being in. Repeatedly do it and we'll break out the bibs and BBQ sauce. We provide a limited amount of consumables and flasks on hard mode raid nights. Discord isn't a circus during raids. We're focused on the job at hand and you should be too. We don't want someone to miss a an interrupt because they were distracted by fart jokes. We are not interested in you if you fit the following criteria:
      You roll on BoE items then sell them. Unwilling/unable to spend an entire evening on one boss during progression. While this is rare, it can happen. Drama queens. If you have a problem bring it up to E. This is his job. Don't announce it in guild chat or during a raid. Your issue will have nothing to do with 99% of the guild. You are 17 or younger. We try to keep guild and discord chat PG-13 but occasionally a few four letter words appear out of nowhere. Additionally, we don't want someone's mom interrupting their raiding to get homework or the dishes done. Follow the instructions at https://funisforcasuals.enjin.com/ under the Recruitment tab if you would like to apply.
      If you have any question, feel free to contact E. at DbD#1309
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Nomi Druid deck.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Dalaran Heist Druid guide.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Heal Druid deck.
    • By TSLNight
      Who we are:
      The Shadow Legion is an early evening raiding guild. Our goal is to try and clear the current content (Cutting Edge) as fast as we can and maintain a friendly and positive atmosphere.
      We are a group of friends who enjoy playing together no matter what the content is. Our guys come from a hardcore raiding background dating all the way to TBC days. We know we can push the hardest content if we set our minds to it.
      After a long hiatus from mythic raiding we are rebuilding our mythic roster to effectively start clearing mythic BoD and in the near future, Crucible. We currently have a very solid core group of 10-12 players who have been together for a few years now. We are looking to fill our ranks with other like minded players with a background in mythic raiding and the attitude of improving themselves and the group as a whole.
      Raiding times:
      Wednesday: 18:00 - 20:30
      Sunday: 18:00 - 20:30
      Monday 18:00 - 20:30
      All times are Server time.
      Times may be extended or an extra raid added during early progression if the group is willing to push harder.
      What we expect from our raiders:
      Attendance: We have a very chill raiding schedule totaling 6 hours a week. That is why we expect our raiders to have as close to a 100% attendance ratio as possible. We understand emergencies but if you cannot maintain close to perfect attendance then it will quickly become an issue due to time constraints.
      Proficiency: We expect our raiders to be proficient with their classes and are always trying to improve. Whether it be by working on gear or going through your logs to find ways to improve, we will try our best to help where we can.
      Communication: Headsets and a working mic are a must. You do not to be talking all the time but being able to provide information quickly during a pull is a huge benefit.
      Dedication: You need to have a positive attitude towards raiding and progressing. Understand that sometimes it takes time and effort to get some bosses down. We need players who are dedicated to achieve our common goal and maintain that competitive spark to push further where we can.
      Feel free to apply on: https://sl.enjin.com/recruitment as we do consider all applicants at all times.
      Night - Night#23645 (Guild Master)
      Blaster - Blaster#21232 (Recruitment Officer)