windfuhrer

Restoration - H Iron Qon Advice

7 posts in this topic

So, my guild is working on heroic Iron Qon right now. After struggling through the first phase, we finally found a strategy that worked for us, and we do not have any problems during P2 or P3 until the dogs come out. Once the dogs start dealing that extra damage, the healers are panicking, we're getting sloppy, and we run out of CDs before we can even get to the Fist Smashes.

I heal with a restoration shaman and a holy paladin. Any advice on cooldown usage throughout the fight? I know that our two bear tanks are also using HotW for this fight and popping tranq when it looks necessary. I'll post our logs from last night, if that'll help anyone.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-s6nkvy25a16p3q4b/

Thank you!

our group heals with a disc/holy priest (whichever she wants to do that day they both do about equal healing) and she does about 120k sustained on this fight.. our druid is doing around 100k.. unfort our shaman is where our weakness is because they are really just a elemental shaman who was willing to switch and they only do like 40-50k.. looks like i'm going to have to switch back from my Warlock to my paladin to heal because he just can't manage it effectively.. that being said it looks like your healing is a bit low.. how are you doing on your mana?

I feel like I'm okay on mana. The only time I dip is when I have to get sloppy (healer down, no CDs, etc) which only happened on a couple of pulls.

Restoration Shamans seem to be really disappointing in 10man at the moment too.

In 25man their aoe heals are incredible, but for 10man, especially with bubblers in the group, they just dont perform well in general.

Their mastery doesn't suit a PVE environment where healers spend their time making sure people don't drop in health.

How's the groups communication? How much do you - as a healing team - talk about who should pop cool downs and when?

It may not be suitable to chat over vent about this before a pull - depending on your team - but it may help to set yourselves up a little in-game chat channel so you can discuss these things. It really helps with that "oh shit oh shit people are dying" moment.

I heal with a disc priest and a holy paladin, and before a fight we know when each of us is going to use a cd, this avoids overlapping and therefore moments when you don't have one available.

We do communicate about raid healing cooldowns on our vent, and include the DPS as well to include things like our two DPS Shamans' Healing Tide Totems or my Tranquility (Druid tank). That's part of how we beat better-geared guilds to our Lei Shen kill, and we didn't have a Priest at all.

then I guess it's just a case of:

Keep Calm

and

Heal Your

Ass Off

Best of luck guys and keep us posted

Well, we got him last night, and I used a lot of the advice that I received here and on MMO-Champ.

Apparently, our biggest issue was just the kill order of the dogs. The first time we got to P4 we got him down, even with two people (one of which was a healer) dead. Looking at my own healing, it was still pretty sloppy, but I think that when the other healer went OOM, it was just a matter of getting messy and trying to keep everyone alive, so I found myself dumping retarded heals at the end. Other than that (and something I'll be able to fix once he becomes more of a farm) is shrooming a lot more and making better use of my less-powerful CDs. For instance, I got into a bad habit of only pairing NV up with Tree, which is a waste of a talent I really could be using on CD for 20% extra heals every 1.5m. I'm going to talk to a druid friend of mine as to where and when he normally places and pops his mushrooms, but as of now, I had only been making heavy use of them during P1 and at the start of P4 (if they overcharged again, then at the end of P4, as well). But with how powerful mushrooms are now, it's really stupid of me not to be abusive with them. Once our kill gets really clean, I'll start playing around with other talents, as well. A lot of people have told me that using FoN and constantly keeping 1 treant up and popping all three for a burst is viable on this fight but that SotF is passing up both by far (I myself don't have a lot of experience with SotF).

Any way, thanks for the help guys. We decided on mushrooms > Ascendance > Aura Mastery for our pre-Fist Smash damage, and then we just cycled through tranq, devos, HTTs, Spirit Link, etc on Fist Smashes.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SoloMD
      <Raging Time> of US Mal'Ganis is recruiting exceptional raiders for our mythic Nighthold roster. We are a very serious adult guild(18+) with a stellar team and take raiding extremely serious.
      Current Progression:
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare & 2/3M Trials of Valor 7/10M Nighthold
      Raid Times:
      Monday/Wednesday/Thursday 8:00pm-12:00am Server Time. (9:00pm-1:00am EST)
      Recruitment Needs:
      Currently Recruiting all talented DPS with Mythic NH experience and a Holy Paladin!

Priority:
      All DPS - High
      Holy Pally - High

Considering all DPS classes for spots!
      All other classes we are still taking into consideration!! So please don't think if your class is not above we don't want/need you!
      Requirements & What we expect:
      902 Minimum ilvl.
      42+ Artifact Trait Lgvel.
      BIS Optimized Gear.
      Discord
      RCLootCouncil.
      Full knowledge of your specialization inside and out.
      Knowledge of Nighthold and its Bosses.
      No drama.
      Ability to take responsibility for your mistakes.
      During your trial if you miss we will not take you into consideration
      Of course a sense of humor!
      Ability to make 90% of our 12 raids per month.
      Who are we:
      Raging Time was established in early February of 2016 in hopes of restoring the old raiding/guild atmosphere. We are a very loving and fun guild but raiding is extremely important to us.
      Trials/Applications:
      In order to get in contact with us about applying there will be two steps you will have to take. One being add the GM or add one of the following Officers in order to apply/ talk to us in obtaining a raid spot. Due to all of us being on at different times please add in the following order if you would like to get in contact as soon as possible, and one of us will get back to you as soon as possible. Once you add one of us on Real ID you are to do the following.
      Send one of us a battle net message of the following:
          Your current Item level
          Your current artifact trait level
          A link to your current armory
          A link to your logs if you have any(recommended not required)
          As well as how you found us whether it be from Mal Ganis forums, wowprogress, in game, or another source.

1.Orcbilagio(GM) - Orcbely#1393
      2. Magicloner- subtLe#1706 (Recruitment Officer)
      3. SoloMD (Officer) - Instakill#1696
      4. Psyxz(MDPS Officer) - Psyx#1649
      If you are interested in us please have no hesitation to apply and we look forward to possibly having you. Thank you!
    • By thenightowl
        Hey Folks!
      Sacred Fire is a heroic progression guild. We have earned AOTC for NH and are currently farming that content weekly. For TOS we are wanting to grow the team a bit though and are looking to fill the roster up to 25-30 players! 

We are sorely in need of melee, some prime class applicants would be Demon Hunter, SV hunter, Enhance Shaman, Ret Paladin and WW monk.

Raid Times are: Mon/Tues/Thurs 530pm-830pm Server. 

Most of us are East Coast / Central time raiders. Looking for folks interested in doing Nighthold with us as well as Tomb of Sargeras. We need you to have the 36th point in your weapon and be at least 880 item level. The item level requirement is flexible but the 36th point is not. We ask that you be committed to the game at least in the sense that you plan to raid a full tier as well as give us notice of any plans to stop playing. 

Healer Priority: Monk, Shaman, Druid, Pally, Priest
      MDPS: Demon Hunter, Warrior, Paladin, Rogue, Feral
      RDPS Priority: Priest, Druid, Shaman, Warlock, Hunter 

Any player of these classes/criteria are welcome. We will also consider any other players except main spec tanks. Offspec tanks are great! 

If you are interested, please visit our website: http://sacred-fire.wowlaunch.com

Add myself: commander#1222 or one of my officers: Meatshyld#1199 | Relfie#1853

Continue reading for more information on our guild!
      -----
      Sacred Fire was created in 2004 on the Icecrown server. For over a decade, this guild has provided casual to casually serious raiders a home to progress through content while maintaining a normal life outside the game. In 2013 during Mists of Pandaria, the guild leadership decided for a change in raiding and locale and moved the guild to Proudmoore. Since being here we have dedicated ourselves to Heroic AOTC raiding and have been successful as such.

Sacred Fire is not a mythic raiding guild and we do not act or treat players as such. We still have rules and ask our players to perform and commit when they say they can. If you are interested in raiding, please see our website for rules and information or if you have questions please add our battletags mentioned above.

We do accept mergers and groups of people that are looking for a new home. As always it would be a trial type of experience as our main concern is the gelling of all parties involved. We play to have fun at the end of the day and drama is not accepted. Our Discord atmosphere is normally pretty focused most nights with only helpful chatter during bosses. 

Thank you for reading have a good day.
      TNO
    • By Jorvalt
      So, I was just wondering out of curiosity if there was a way to change the weakauras trackers for sunfire and moonfire to be based on an absolute value of the maximum time sun/moonfire lasts for rather than being based on a percentage of how long the DoT has been active on the target. Basically, doing it the normal way, if you have Nature's Balance (which you should) then using solar wrath or lunar strike will extend the duration of sunfire/moonfire, respectively. However, basically all this does to the tracker is make it decrease slightly slower each time. For the sake of convenience I'm just going to refer to it as a bar because that's what I use. I want it so that when the DoT is at its maximum possible duration, the bar is completely full, and then decrease from there. That way, it's less confusing.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Restoration Druid PvP guide for Legion.
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 905~ ilvl
      - 40+ traits.
      - 6 or more mythic kills in NH.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made.
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance and Restoration.
      Hunter: BM and Survival.
      Monk: Mistweaver and Windwalker.
      Shaman: Restoration.
      Priest: Holy.
      Warlock: Affli/Destro.
      Any and all applications be considered.