Thermite

Warlock UI Advice

16 posts in this topic

I currently use the the stock Blizzard UI. For addons I use DBM (a must obviously), Mappy, Omen, Recount and ForteXorcist when it comes to on the screen stuff. I'm looking for a UI that can minimalize the clutter on my screen. I've been raiding a lot more recently and I would like to move everything (map, key bindings, ForteXorcist bars, etc...) to the bottom of the screen. I've been researching/googling what the best UI for a warlock might be. I've come across nUI and ElvUI. Both are nice, but still look a bit cluttered from what I've seen. It doesn't have to be pretty or anything like that. I'm not objected to finding one that's both pretty and minimal, but like I said I really want to remove all the clutter on the screen that gets in the way during raids. I have used things like Move everything and bartender, but still it a bit cluttered for my liking. Just looking for suggestions/options I can do to get a nice clean UI.

ElvUI is extremely customizable and everything is movable. I'd recommend giving it a whirl. You can make it as minimalistic as you want. Stock out of the box it was a little cluttered for my liking, but don't get turned off by that since you can change anything and everything you might want.

2 people like this

ElvUI is extremely customizable and everything is movable. I'd recommend giving it a whirl. You can make it as minimalistic as you want. Stock out of the box it was a little cluttered for my liking, but don't get turned off by that since you can change anything and everything you might want.

I have to agree. I enjoy ElvUI and what i can do with it. I combine that with MikScrollingBattleText and WeakAuras and i'm pretty much set :)
1 person likes this

I think that for an out-of-the-box AddOn, ElvUI is one of the best. It's got a nice module that basically allows you to make configuration changes to frames, action bars, fonts, bags, name plates, chat panels, and of course buffs and debuffs on targets. It's got about 95% of everything you'd need in a UI (sell junk, auto-repair, move frames easily, auto-greed/DE items, announce interrupts - the list goes on and on). And like others have mentioned, you can then supplement other addons as needed to help you raid: DBM, Skada, TellMeWhen, Weak Aura's work just fine alongside ElvUI.

There are others that work well as AddOn Suites. I played with RealUI and ended up using the author's custom conditionals for bartender to not display my action bars when I'm out of combat and the like. I also use oUF_Phanx for my frames instead of ElvUI. But this is an aesthetic decision. I just like the larger font and overall design of oUF_Phanx.

Remember, just how minimal, easy to use and informative your UI is, is largely up to you. All the AddOns do is enable you to have a cleaner or more informative look & feel.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to jump right in with ElvUI and see what I can do. Also thanks for reminding me, I've been meaning to get Weak Auras. Just been slipping my mind lately.

I do remember Necrosis as a Warlock specific UI. Whatever happened to that one?

I do remember Necrosis as a Warlock specific UI. Whatever happened to that one?

Well Necrosis is not really an UI (UI is more like your whole User Interface). However they've stopped developing it at 3.3.5, but as far as I can tell they will update it for MoP. Soon.

Source

"Current Status: Necrosis will be updated for Mists of Pandaria

This is a big update, so please be patient. A 'beta' version will be available soon."

i'll add another vote for ElvUI/TukUI. those suites are perfect for the beginners. then once you get used to it all you'll be able to upgrade to something better.

Yes and don't forget if you have 'not-so-.good' PC you may use TukUI, use ElvUI otherwise.

ElvUI is better imo but many people have issues because of ElvUI due their low PC performance.

I use dominoes, it can really help make things seem less cluttered and you can have as many bars as you can use.

I can't thank you guys enough. I went with ElvUI based off of everyone's opinion. I'm still getting used to it, but I'm really liking it so far. Maybe I'll post some pictures once I tweak it to where I want it.

I also use and like ElvUI, its great for Warlocks because it has a DoT timer and it looks nice. It can cause some lag but overall it is worth trying.

ive tried (briefly) Elvui and over all i liked it exept one small detail. The pet skill bar is vertical as default and I have no clue how to make it horizontal. Its the first time i have tried UI's no im an absolute noob but help will be much appreciated Posted Image

ive tried (briefly) Elvui and over all i liked it exept one small detail. The pet skill bar is vertical as default and I have no clue how to make it horizontal. Its the first time i have tried UI's no im an absolute noob but help will be much appreciated Posted Image

Open up the evlui options (/ec). You can find the Pet Bar options under the Action Bars drop down. One of the sliders should say "Buttons Per Row." Slide that all the way to the right.

I'll post a screenshot of my ui when I get off work later buy I can give you a basic run down of my elvui set up

Center bottom: three rows of action bars 6 units long for core abilities, defensives, and portals. Targets target, pet health, and affdots above.

Full size action bar to the left with my cds/pet summons. My healthbar/castbar above that.(I use the icon setting for buffs/procs)

I slightly reduced the size of the left and right text boxes and put all of the dialogue and loot drop notifications on the left one.

To the right of center: 3x4 action bar for my Naga hotkeys, pet bar on the bottom next to that, and target healthbar/castbar above.

I cleared all the settings on the right text box and put my skada meter over it.

Keeps everything evenly spread across the bottom leaving the rest of the screen mostly clear. Other than that you can play with the positioning of dbm timers, mik's scrolling areas and opacities, etc. I quit using omen because if you are having to worry about threat, its the tanks messing up, not you.

Edited by Orei

Because I can't remember and memorize large numers of keybind memorizations, I'd say my most important addon is Bartender. I combine this with Sunn Art Viewport and Chinchilla Minimap. I also make use of Elkano's Buffbars, Bazooka with some Broker plug-ins, and ArkInventory.

Rather than use a full UI suite, I download individual addons. My UI CAN get a bit more cluttered than I like sometimes. If there's a way to post screenshots, I'll put one up.