Thermite

Warlock UI Advice

16 posts in this topic

I currently use the the stock Blizzard UI. For addons I use DBM (a must obviously), Mappy, Omen, Recount and ForteXorcist when it comes to on the screen stuff. I'm looking for a UI that can minimalize the clutter on my screen. I've been raiding a lot more recently and I would like to move everything (map, key bindings, ForteXorcist bars, etc...) to the bottom of the screen. I've been researching/googling what the best UI for a warlock might be. I've come across nUI and ElvUI. Both are nice, but still look a bit cluttered from what I've seen. It doesn't have to be pretty or anything like that. I'm not objected to finding one that's both pretty and minimal, but like I said I really want to remove all the clutter on the screen that gets in the way during raids. I have used things like Move everything and bartender, but still it a bit cluttered for my liking. Just looking for suggestions/options I can do to get a nice clean UI.

ElvUI is extremely customizable and everything is movable. I'd recommend giving it a whirl. You can make it as minimalistic as you want. Stock out of the box it was a little cluttered for my liking, but don't get turned off by that since you can change anything and everything you might want.

• Like 2

ElvUI is extremely customizable and everything is movable. I'd recommend giving it a whirl. You can make it as minimalistic as you want. Stock out of the box it was a little cluttered for my liking, but don't get turned off by that since you can change anything and everything you might want.

I have to agree. I enjoy ElvUI and what i can do with it. I combine that with MikScrollingBattleText and WeakAuras and i'm pretty much set :)
  • Like 1

I think that for an out-of-the-box AddOn, ElvUI is one of the best. It's got a nice module that basically allows you to make configuration changes to frames, action bars, fonts, bags, name plates, chat panels, and of course buffs and debuffs on targets. It's got about 95% of everything you'd need in a UI (sell junk, auto-repair, move frames easily, auto-greed/DE items, announce interrupts - the list goes on and on). And like others have mentioned, you can then supplement other addons as needed to help you raid: DBM, Skada, TellMeWhen, Weak Aura's work just fine alongside ElvUI.

There are others that work well as AddOn Suites. I played with RealUI and ended up using the author's custom conditionals for bartender to not display my action bars when I'm out of combat and the like. I also use oUF_Phanx for my frames instead of ElvUI. But this is an aesthetic decision. I just like the larger font and overall design of oUF_Phanx.

Remember, just how minimal, easy to use and informative your UI is, is largely up to you. All the AddOns do is enable you to have a cleaner or more informative look & feel.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to jump right in with ElvUI and see what I can do. Also thanks for reminding me, I've been meaning to get Weak Auras. Just been slipping my mind lately.

I do remember Necrosis as a Warlock specific UI. Whatever happened to that one?

I do remember Necrosis as a Warlock specific UI. Whatever happened to that one?

Well Necrosis is not really an UI (UI is more like your whole User Interface). However they've stopped developing it at 3.3.5, but as far as I can tell they will update it for MoP. Soon.

Source

"Current Status: Necrosis will be updated for Mists of Pandaria

This is a big update, so please be patient. A 'beta' version will be available soon."

i'll add another vote for ElvUI/TukUI. those suites are perfect for the beginners. then once you get used to it all you'll be able to upgrade to something better.

Yes and don't forget if you have 'not-so-.good' PC you may use TukUI, use ElvUI otherwise.

ElvUI is better imo but many people have issues because of ElvUI due their low PC performance.

I use dominoes, it can really help make things seem less cluttered and you can have as many bars as you can use.

I can't thank you guys enough. I went with ElvUI based off of everyone's opinion. I'm still getting used to it, but I'm really liking it so far. Maybe I'll post some pictures once I tweak it to where I want it.

I also use and like ElvUI, its great for Warlocks because it has a DoT timer and it looks nice. It can cause some lag but overall it is worth trying.

ive tried (briefly) Elvui and over all i liked it exept one small detail. The pet skill bar is vertical as default and I have no clue how to make it horizontal. Its the first time i have tried UI's no im an absolute noob but help will be much appreciated Posted Image

ive tried (briefly) Elvui and over all i liked it exept one small detail. The pet skill bar is vertical as default and I have no clue how to make it horizontal. Its the first time i have tried UI's no im an absolute noob but help will be much appreciated Posted Image

Open up the evlui options (/ec). You can find the Pet Bar options under the Action Bars drop down. One of the sliders should say "Buttons Per Row." Slide that all the way to the right.

I'll post a screenshot of my ui when I get off work later buy I can give you a basic run down of my elvui set up

Center bottom: three rows of action bars 6 units long for core abilities, defensives, and portals. Targets target, pet health, and affdots above.

Full size action bar to the left with my cds/pet summons. My healthbar/castbar above that.(I use the icon setting for buffs/procs)

I slightly reduced the size of the left and right text boxes and put all of the dialogue and loot drop notifications on the left one.

To the right of center: 3x4 action bar for my Naga hotkeys, pet bar on the bottom next to that, and target healthbar/castbar above.

I cleared all the settings on the right text box and put my skada meter over it.

Keeps everything evenly spread across the bottom leaving the rest of the screen mostly clear. Other than that you can play with the positioning of dbm timers, mik's scrolling areas and opacities, etc. I quit using omen because if you are having to worry about threat, its the tanks messing up, not you.

Edited by Orei

Because I can't remember and memorize large numers of keybind memorizations, I'd say my most important addon is Bartender. I combine this with Sunn Art Viewport and Chinchilla Minimap. I also make use of Elkano's Buffbars, Bazooka with some Broker plug-ins, and ArkInventory.

Rather than use a full UI suite, I download individual addons. My UI CAN get a bit more cluttered than I like sometimes. If there's a way to post screenshots, I'll put one up.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Casdon
      [US] Stormreaver — Skunkworks
      Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. (pst) || 9-1 (cst) || 10-2 (est)

Progression
      8/11M Antorus
      9/9M ToS
      10/10M Nighthold
      3/3M Trial of Valor
      7/7M Emerald Nightmare

Website
      skunkworksguild.com

About Us
      Skunkworks is a guild for players who can not or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds.
      However, we still maintain a high caliber player environment and make an efficient use of our raiding time.
      We raid Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:00 - 11:00 PST, just 8 hours a week and never more.

We are very protective of our guild environment and selective in recruitment. We are looking for solid players mechanically as well as intellectually.
      We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well?

Skunkworks has been around for multiple expansions and has historically always been at the top of the 2-night raiding guild scene.

Past Raiding Achievements

#US 199 Mythic KJ #US 186 Mythic Archimonde #131 US Heroic Garrosh #68 US Heroic Ra-den #77 US Heroic Lei Shen #86 US Heroic Sha of Fear #106 US Heroic Madness of Deathwing #99 US Heroic Ragnaros #147 US Sinestra #91 US Heroic The Twilight Destroyer (Halion) #71 US Heroic Fall of the Lich King #247 US Tribute to Insanity #160 US Alone in the Darkness Current Guild Needs
      Amazing Range DPS ---Exceptional Candidates always considered regardless of recruiting needs.

How to Apply
      Apply with Google Forms
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeL-LW1-7rRK28Z3Nswg4xD3-jjQWrIsCh77rYOdxKwY0oPPQ/viewform.
      All applications are kept private.
      Please include at least the following.
          Prominent links to relevant armory pages ]A guild history with reasons for departure
          The reason(s) you have chosen to apply to this guild
          Warcraft Logs
          UI screenshots or fraps/Stream footage

Contact Information
      Shadaka (GM)
      Real ID:Shadak#1881

Aerivore (Recruitment Officers)
      Real ID:  Aerivore#1581

Sovm
      Real ID: Sov#1192
    • By FoxShine
      Hello! This is Fox from Velocity. We're a daytime Mythic raiding guild on Sargeras looking to enhance our roster with skilled and reliable players.
      The goal of Velocity is to take down mythic bosses and have fun doing it. We believe the two are not mutually exclusive! We’re searching for like-minded players who are interested in playing at a high level in a laid-back environment. If you can joke around, then focus up when you need to; this is the guild for you. 
      Our core is composed of veteran raiders. Some of us have been playing together for years, and some of us are new friends. We have a solid core
      for our dream team – we’re just searching for a few more to help round it out! 
        [A] <Velocity> 5/11M, 11/11H – (5/9M 7/10M 7/7M)

Raid Times: 10am-1pm CST | Tues/Wed/Thurs 
        Recruitment Needs
      Melee – Monk Monk Monk
      Ranged DPS! – Ele Shaman, Boomkin, Warlock
      Healers! - The Flexier the better. Priest, Disc/Holy. Pally or Monk
      Tank – Flex
      Note: We are primarily looking for ranged DPS, but we will consider any good player.

Requirements
      Players with some mythic raiding experienced is preferred. Looking for players that are geared and ready to jump into mythic content straight away or very soon. 

Attendance
      We are a guild of dedicated and ambitious players. Commitment to our raid times is mandatory. We’re interested in consistent players who are realistic and honest about their day-to-day schedule. Raiders are required to communicate any tardiness or absences via a Discord channel or through tells with an officer. Schedules change, things come up and real life always comes first. All we ask for is a heads up!

Trial Period
      Three weeks from start date or 9 consecutive days demonstrating attendance and play. Start date begins on the 1st raid day you are present.

What you can Expect from us:
      Dedicated leadership, communication, well defined goals, and a sense of community. Apart from raiding we also run M+ with each other every week. 

What we expect from you:
      90% Attendance. Players who can survive and react to mechanics while excelling at their role of damage or healing. Many players struggle to do one, we are looking for both. Apart from this, just be a friendly player who’s always striving to improve. It might also be a good idea to bring a sense of humor.

If we sound like a good fit, let us know! Leave a reply here or send us a tell on BNET/Discord. Or you can go old school and send in-game mail to Starby-Sargeras or Foxshine-Sargeras! Thanks for checking us out and we hope to see you in gchat soon. =)

BNET
      Fox#1713 (GM)
      Peach#1423 (Officer)
      Ezmaya#1410 (Officer)

Discord
      Fox#7009
      Starby#8682
    • By Decimous
      Hey all, I am an Officer for the guild The Fever, progression focus raid guild on Mal'ganis(US) Horde Side. We are also part of a multi-game community with over 1000 ACTIVE members among all our titles, with all levels of skill of play. We are looking for mature, non-toxic players to fill our ranks, regardless of level of skill. For those who just want an awesome community to play WoW with, or maybe are interested in raiding we have an environment for that as well. Our main core raid days are Tuesday/Thursday 8pm to 11pm CST. We are 11/11normal ABT and looking to fill our ranks for normal/heroic raiding. In need of melee dps and a hunter atm. Accepting all skilled players and casual players as well. If a guild like this sounds awesome to you, we would love to hear from you. We also play D3, OW, SC2, PUBG, and other titles, so even when the raid is over and your character is maxed on weekly activities you can always find someone to chill and play games with. Potential members applying to Fever must be at least 18 years or older. You can become a member by registering, submitting an application, and then completing an interview on our Discord server. The interview is quick and nothing to worry about! This is something we can discuss after you raid with us if you prefer. Register here: http://feverclan.com/forums/register.php Submit application: http://feverclan.com/forums/misc.php?do=application Interviews: Conducted on our Discord server Questions? Want to talk or play some? Add myself Decimous#1562 on Bnet or Decimous#4606 on Discord. You can also contact our Guild Leader Aisper at  Aisper#1260 on Bnet or Aipser#0990 on Discord. See you on Azeroth! 
      -Decimous
    • By Thanagore
      Hey!
      <Growth> is a newly formed guild and we're currently looking for active raiders! The principles of the guild are to respect each other and be willing to both learn and help. We want to do weekly HC clears and progress into Mythic Antorus. Right now we are looking for all roles and classes. 
      If you are interested then write here or contact @Thanagore on the Draenor realm.
    • By Oleandrea
      <Exhilaration> 1/11M, 11/11H, is a newer Raid Team who server/faction changed to Sargeras with 7/9 M TOS leads. We have very strong leadership and theory crafters! Our goal is to aim for cutting edge but not be disappointed if not achieved and to push ourselves and the team as fast as we can.
      When do we raid?
      - Tue /Wed/Thurs (One night will include farm content based on need)
      - Raids are 9:00pm-12:00am Central
      What do we need?
      - HEALER: Resto Druid
      - RDPS: SPriest, Ele Shaman, Boomkin pref
      - DPS with Heals/Tank OS are a plus!
      - Any exceptional dps specs may apply, especially who are up to the challenge of Heroic/Mythic progression!
      All spots are competitive and there will be no carries on this raid team, 11/11H a must but looking for Mythic minded people and players who want a loyal and non-toxic environment!!!
      You do not need any mythic raiding experience to join us, although Mythic ready folks will always be our priority! Most of our raid team members have varying levels of Mythic Legion raiding experience. We also push high Mythic+ keys as a guild!
      How to Apply:
      All apps can be put in at https://discord.gg/6W3P4vD under the #recruitment channel. Copy and paste it in applications so an officer can get back to you asap! At least folks 940+ item level and no re-rolls!
      Questions? Feel free to add us:
      Btag: Tokidoki#11361 or Discord: Tokidoki#7642
      Btag: Pade#1226 or Discord: Pade#1626