FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Snowcat

Freshly boosted Fury's DPS

Hello everyone,

I'm not going to ask you to "fix my DPS" but I basically skipped WoD entirely. Well I did play it, but never raided or anything. It was purely casual and played as Shammy.

Now that I have a new, fairly serious guild, I'd like to pick up good old Fury Warrior again and be a good DPS. I had forgotten how hilarious it was beating monsters, demons, zombies and giant spiders into pulp with two big 2-handed weapons.

I just got my character boost to 100 for this toon and I suppose I received some standard gear with it. Except for a belt and legs, which I earned today by repelling a Legion attack on the Crossroads, everything I have is still from that standard gear I got.

This is my character:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/magtheridon/Snowbat/simple

I suppose it's normal my DPS is poor with this setup? Against a dummy I do a mere 11k. Since I haven't played seriously since MoP, I actually have no idea how this compares to other people with the same type of gear. My top 3 damaging abilities are Raging Blow, Melee and Rampage. Is it normal for DPS to be crap in my situation?

Or should I just not worry about DPS till Legion hits and till I reach 110?

If we run an old raid I'll try to make some logs and share it while also sharing my rotation. I followed the Icy Veins guide for setting up my WeakAuras though so I think it's more or less in the right direction but I'm not sure sharing my rotation is useful as long as I don't have battle logs?

Thanks!

Edited by Snowcat

11k at 640 is probably not terrible ... I honestly am not sure, because so few people are at 640 these days. Do some legion invasions and get to 700 in a few hours of work and then do some testing and it will be a lot easier to help you out.

And while I don't want to be self adversting too hard, my rotation helper is a good step in the right direction, it is by no means perfect, but it's decently accurate and even if you only use to to get a feel for the rotation before removing it and using something else, it would probably help you out.

Edited by palles
  • Like 1

With boosting a warrior to 100 and being stuck in mostly 640 gear, I wouldn't worry about how much you're putting out. The priority would be to learn your rotation and get comfortable with it. The guide here on Icy Veins is well suited for that.

In this last week before Legion, make use of the Invasions as Palles suggested and grab some 700 gear as it'll help when you start questing in Legion.

If you have any questions concerning the overall rotation of the spec, don't hesitate to ask.

• Like 1

Ok thanks guys. I'll check out the rotation helper and maybe post what rotation I currently use.

I got a question about the Legion Invasion Events though. I fought one yesterday entirely by accident... I have no idea when they occur. Is it entirely random?

30 minutes ago, Snowcat said:

I got a question about the Legion Invasion Events though. I fought one yesterday entirely by accident... I have no idea when they occur. Is it entirely random?

As right now, there's probably 6 at the same time, reseting every hour or so (not logged onto the game since the restart).

Zones are: Westfall, Dun Morogh, Azshara, Northen Barrens, Tanaris and Hillsbrad Foothills

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kirr said:

As right now, there's probably 6 at the same time, reseting every hour or so (not logged onto the game since the restart).

Zones are: Westfall, Dun Morogh, Azshara, Northen Barrens, Tanaris and Hillsbrad Foothills

Yeh I found them. I hadn't done the scenario first.

Anyways, for my rotation, I set up my WeakAUras as follows (when something has just "whenever available" it pretty much means it's on cooldown all the time)

Bloodthirst
Whenever available
AND
Not Enraged

Raging Blow (Inner Rage talented)
Whenever available

Furious Slash
Whenever available
AND
Bloodthirst unavailable
AND
Raging Blow unavailable

Rampage
Whenever available
AND
Not Enraged

Second, separate Rampage aura
Whenever available
AND
Ragecapped

Whenever available

Battle Cry
Whenever available

Execute (Massacre not talented)
Could use advise on this one. On Icy Veins it's said you can use this when enraged while still using Raging Blow and Bloodthirst. Other guides say it's a rage-dump ability. So what priority does it have exactly? At the moment, my aura will only show it:
- Whenever available (read: when target is <20%)
AND
- Rage is above 50%
AND
- I'm Enraged

Whirlwind
Didnt talent Wrecking ball.

Dragon Roar
Took Bladestorm because being a tornado of rage and blades is awesome

Sounds good?

By the way...

Nooooo! Vol'Jin! I hope they somehow bring him back with some resurrection Game Of Thrones style or in ghost form. For some reason, I dont trust Sylvanas.

Edited by Snowcat

Bladestorm is the worst talent in that row.

Only execute when enraged. (and then still use bloodthirst/raging blow)

Edited by palles

For the time being, Palles has summed it up. Your Execute should only be used when you're Enraged. If you're not Enraged, you can fall back on your Bloodthirst / Raging Blow priorities.

As far as Bladestorm / Dragon Roar is concerned, you can take directly from our guide here: if the AoE is predictable then Bladestorm can be of great use. Otherwise, and in most cases, Dragon Roar will be your talent of choice.