FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Verlum

Help with healing.

Hey guys, this is my gfs toon, im hoping to get abit of insite to she is going wrong as a priest, atm she is only pulling around 40 ~ 43k heals and ive been told she should be doing around 90 to 100k ill post all the info i can

Rotation same as forum

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/Specialfx/advanced

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/thaurissan/specialfx

i cant get a world of logs log for her till 2moro so any help would be great.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I might be wrong but (My experience from WoTLK-Cata as a disc priest) disc priests are supposed to bubble people and help with dispells. But their goal is not healing. /shrug

I might be wrong but (My experience from WoTLK-Cata as a disc priest) disc priests are supposed to bubble people and help with dispells. But their goal is not healing. /shrug

you might be right man, i just dont know as to i dont play a priest thus posted here im some hope of getting some insite on where she could be going wrongPosted Image

i thought disc was about the shields absorbing damage then heals to help keep up as and when necessary. So absorb + healing is what matters not just HPS .As long as you down bosses and people live its all good :)

But dont take my word for it as i dont play my priest that often ! Im sure there are more experienced priests on here :)

Reforging looks fine, you should get those items enchanted, even if its cheap stuff. and I would highly recommend getting the 522 valor trinket from Shado-Pan assault when you can and using it at about 80% mana and then on CD after that.

Using HPS as an overall measurement for healing capability is the wrong way of looking at things. Fight by fight comparison is what she should be looking at. As Krazy said, chuck Windsong on the weapon, mastery on the boots, and int on the ring. As Disc I find 10k spirit to be comfortable for every fight I've done so far, without the LMG. If she doesn't have an addon to keep track of rapture's CD, that is a must. If she's specced for solace, it should be used on CD unless there's extreme raid damage coming in or someone is in danger of dying. Studying the fights and knowing when to use Spirit Shell will make a huge difference in healing done. Disc is a proactive healing spec, it can take a little while to get used to that.

I'll be able to help a bit more when I see a log. :P

I don't know who told them that they should be doing 100K Hps, that seems a little outrageous, unless maybe you are two healing things. My team hasn't had to two heal a fight yet, that's one of the perks of have a disc priest is they can just atonement heal and do some dps. Coupple things about gear to recommend off the start. Unless you are actively raiding ToT I would recommend upgrade the 476 dark moon trinket, if upgraded twice to a 484ilvl it has the same spirit proc as Spirits of the sun from Terrace. Like someone said earlier keeping Rapture used on cooldown is a good thing, I use ExtraCD to keep track of it. However unlike a lot of disc priests, I don't make an effort to keep Grace up on the tank, I see it as a wasted Penance or whatever I could be using to atonement heal. And like already stated knowing when to use spirit shell is a skill to learn. I don't really use it as often as I should because I know my two other healers will be able to keep the raid up, I usually just try to Pop Inner Focus, with Evangelicalism and Prayer of healing, just to make sure everyone is topped of, and put a little 40-50K bubble on everyone. If it's a fight like Jin'rokh for lightning storm, Prayer of Mending On cooldown, and Cascade. You should be able to get 3 prayer of mending off during a lightning storm if you cast it about 10 seconds before it starts. I'm going to post my logs and my armory so you can look at what you want. I honestly don't gem that much spirit, I have 9.4k without food or flask, I just straight crit. However, I do need the 300 spirit food and a spirit flask in order to keep my mana in check. Just something to think about.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/uldaman/Dangerdann/advanced

This first one is Heroic Jin'rokh and then reg the rest of the way to Megeara

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4q76yn2jzteuwwtd

And this one is Ji-Kun up, except for some reason Lei Shen isn't showing up :

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ay9jmya9xyrw6mjv/